Y - The Engagement

Coup D'etat

I came home and saw my dad is ready with his suit; the mansion has been decorated perfectly for a garden party. I guess—an engagement party. Luhan called my phone several times and he texted me. It says ‘be ready’.

“Good evening,” he greeted me with a huge smile. “The maids prepared your gowns and things you’re going to use. Take a bath and be ready,” he said again.

Last time I saw my dad—his face was red, he was angry. But I think he’s calm now and not as angry as two days ago. Today he greeted me with a huge smile eventhough I’m not coming home for two days. I stayed again in Minyoung’s apartment last night and went to the President’s mansion to do my job with Junmyeon but they said Junmyeon don’t need me today. So I went to the office and find no clue of the suspect.

I went upstairs and took a short bath (actually I’m not excited with the engagement-party). After taking a bath—I wear my underwears and bathrobe then combing my hair—looking at my own reflection in the mirror.

I’d like to inherit my mom’s face; she was beautiful and white-skinned, her hair was long and a little bit brunette. She was really beautiful and she told me to not to do the plastic surgery like the other girls do. And I did what she asked me to.

Sorry I made you dissapointed. You told me to be the best, not as a drunk girl who slept with a man on the same bed. Eventhough we did nothing, it was just—wrong.

My phone vibrates—it was a call from Minyoung.

“Hey, I’m preparing my stuffs for my engagement,” I said then bit my lips. “Come to this retarded garden party or I won’t talk with you.”

“I’ll come in fifteen minutes, okay? Bye, retard.”

“Bye, dumb,” I smiled and ended the call.

I went to my closet and choosing my outfits that the maids had prepared before. I thought it would be nice if I wear simple dress because it was just a engagement party held in my backyard. I took a sleeveless pink-chiffon dress below the knee and choosed a pair of peach flatshoes.

I hope Luhan don’t mind my looks.

--

It took ten minutes for me to get dressed. I went out from the room and combed my hair once more—and braided it and made a simple French Braid. I wear my flatshoes just then someone opened the door. It’s Minyoung.

“Geez—so pretty—I mean, the outfits, not you,” she smiled then laughed. “Congratulations, omg, you’re going to have your own family!”

“Accompany me to my mother’s grave tomorrow,” I ignored her sayings. “Well, Luhan will come in ten minutes the maids said. But I’m not even ready yet—oh, geez. I need McBurger.”

“Stop eating fastfoods before your wedding. You’ll be fat, I’m serious,” she replied. “I will stop eating McDonalds until your wedding, okay? As a great friend, I’ll try to feel the same feeling when we’re dietting from the fastfoods,” she laughed—and smiled. “Congratulations,” she hugged me.

“Congratulations to my engagement caused by a mistake? No. So I bet Kangshik is waiting outside, so let’s go outside,” I opened the door and walked with Minyoung through the corridors and went to the backyard where the people and crowds are there. Also—geez. The media and press.

“Luhan—it’s her,” said Luhan’s father. He smiled at me and asked me to walk over him.

I walked in front of Luhan. He gave me a cold sight so I did the same. “Get ready to act so fake.”

--

Luhan placed the engagement ring in my ring finger. And now—I’m the official Luhan’s fiancee.

“Hows the feeling?”

“Miss Han—are you happy?”

“Are you satisfried?”

“Are you going to have a child?”

“Luhan—what’s the feeling after placing the ring in Miss Yeonhyo’s ring finger?”

“Luhan! What will her mother say to you?”

Press.

“Well, I’m so happy,” said Luhan in his cute bright smile. “She’s the cutest girl I’ve ever had and we did crazy things together I won’t forget.”

Cutest—he meant—my outfits.

Crazy things—he meant we went drunk and slept together.

“What do you think about Luhan?”

“He’s nice and handsome, I think I’m in love,” I faked a laugh. “We knew each other since we’re in Elementary, right, darling?” I stepped on his right feet.

“Oh—yes,” said Luhan. He stepped his feet back on my left feet. “I think that’s enough,” he said—pulling me from the crowds. “—I can’t even know what’s going on with those people,” he mumbled. “Oh, you must meet my friends tomorrow after you’re finished with your jobs.”

“Yeonhyo-ah! You’ll stay in Luhan’s apartment by now,” said Minyoung. “Your dad said to me and he asked me to tell you!” she smiled sooooooo bright. “Hey, I’m Kae Minyoung nice to meet,” she glanced at Luhan.

Dead.