067: G - Y O O N

➳ G-Dragon + Yoona ★ Oneshots & Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
지못미

ll click the title for chapter song ll

 

* * * * *

 

[BREAKING NEWS] BIGBANG GOT INVOLVED IN A SERIOUS CAR ACCIDENT ALONG MAPO STREET. ALL MEMBERS ESCAPED WITH SLIGHT INJURIES EXC-

 

"Eh? Unnie? Some car accident happened?" She walked out of the kitchen, wanting to watch the TV news. 

 

"A-Ani! J-Just some minor car accident," her member chuckled nervously, blocking the TV screen. "I-It's nothing serious! Don't bother watching it!" 

 

She raised her brows at her member's weird attitude but before she could probe about it, her phone rang. 

 

/Yoong? Bae oppa here. I'm sorry to call you so suddenly and at such an hour. But... Can you perhaps come to the hospital now?/

 

/What happened?/ 

 

/Ji... Ji Yong is... He is in the A&E now.../ 

 

It took her a minute to process the information from the other end with all the background noises and her mind going blank. Then it hit her. Hard and fast. She muttered a few more sentences, knowing about the address and all before hanging up.

 

"Unnie, I know it already. You can step aside," she hung the call and said, her face paled. 

 

Her member saw her expression and sighed, stepping aside to reveal the TV content. 

 

[BREAKING NEWS] BIGBANG GOT INVOLVED IN A SERIOUS CAR ACCIDENT ALONG MAPO STREET. ALL MEMBERS ESCAPED WITH SLIGHT INJURIES EXCEPT FOR LEADER G-DRAGON. HE'S BEING RUSHED INTO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY. YG HAS YET TO RELEASE ANY NEWS OR CONFIRMATION ABOUT THE MEMBER'S CURRENT HEALTH STATUS.

 

Her mind went blank as she saw images of the car accident flying pass her eyes. The badly wrecked car, the tempered glass, spiderweb-shattered and stained red with blood, the chaos from the crowd that's crowding around the scene... 

 

And finally, paramedics putting him onto the stretcher as they rushed him up the ambulance.

 

"I'm going to the hospital." 

 

This time, unlike the previous time, her members didn't try nor dissuade her. 

 

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

 

"Yoona!" 

 

She was welcomed by a tight embrace from the youngest who threw his arms around her as he wept and mumbled everything in one shot.

 

"Alrights alrights. Come down Ri," she patted his back and broke away from the hug, giving a strong smile.

 

"Thanks for coming Yoong. It really means a lot." 

 

"Hey Bae oppa, don't mention it. I'll be real angry if you didn't inform me," she smiled and hugged the guy in front of her. "What exactly happened?"

 

"We were leaving the office after an entire noon of recording," he began to explain. "No one drove so we all took the manager's van. He said he wanted some space alone, so he sat in front while we sat at the back. Then there's a car who came towards us at high speed and it rammed us from opposite. Since he sat in front..."

 

"How is he doing now?" She broke apart and stared at the red emergency light still shining.

 

"Still undergoing operation. The doctor said he'd try his best but he can't make any guarantee. His head... His head got hit pretty hard..." The guy buried his face into his hands and let out a deep sigh. "Damn... I should have insisted him to sit with us at the back. Our hyung got hit pretty hard too but he's out of danger already. But him..." 

 

She shuddered as images she saw from the news flashed across her mind. She shook her head, trying to shake off the negativity.

 

"He's the formidable G-Dragon. He'd pull through it," she patted the guy's shoulder. "I'm sure." 

 

Looking at the three other members in front of her, she knew she couldn't crumble. She remembered clearly. Even though they're guys and they appeared real tough under the limelight, it was the exact opposite. She knew this would remind them of Daesung's accident back in 2011; the black mark that would never be erased. Now all she could do, was to stand by them, hoping that everything would be fine. 

 

The encouragement, be it for them or for herself, was needed. 

 

Kwon Ji Yong, you better pull through this.

 

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

 

"Doc! How's he?!" 

 

After a few hours, the red light finally was turned off and the surgeon came out, removing his mask tiredly as the idols crowded around him. 

 

"The operation was a huge success. But," it was always the latter 'but' that ruined everything. "He isn't out of danger yet. The next 24h would be a critical period. We'll have to monitor him closely." 

 

All of them wore the solemn look as they stared at the unconcious guy through the panel. Each of them struggled with their own thoughts and at a point of time, three of them could contain their emotions no longer as they ran out of the room, breaking into tears.

 

"The last name he called out was your name," the remaining guy spoke up as he continued to stare at the unconcious guy. "I thought I had to call you." 

 

"Oppa, thank you. Thank you for calling me," the girl turned to look at the guy gratefully, eyes b with tears. "Oppa, you know, after months, it still hurts..." 

 

"Hey, don't be," the guy pulled her into his arms, patting her back. "I don't know what on earth happened 3 months ago that caused you to walk out of his life and he didn't chase you back, but I know that you guys know what you're doing. Or at least you know what you're doing Yoong. That's why I didn't probe and asked the others not to. I know he must had been a jerk so I totally did not stop nor question you after you broke up with him. He deserves it."

 

"B-But he doesn't deserve... THIS!" The girl continued to cry like a lost child, wetting his shirt. "I thought it's better for both of us..." 

 

"Love doesn't have a win-win situation I guess. Everyone thought that Ji Yong is the loser when you walked out of his life. But I think you know that you're the loser," he pulled apart, meeting her eyes as he cleaned away her tears. "You still love him..."

 

"But he doesn't..."

 

"He does. If not he wouldn't be calling your name during his last moment of conciousness," he smiled. "Go on. Go see him and cheer him on. Be it as a friend or something more, I think your heart wants him to be alive and healthy. Let's forget about all these for now." 

 

She nodded obediently and wiped the remains of her tears with the back of her hand. With a deep breath, she went into the ward, taking a seat beside him. It was silence. Eerily quiet with only the constant beeping of the life machine could be heard. 

 

"Hey..." She didn't know what else to say as she picked his hand up. 

 

The pair of hands that she hadn't touched for the past three months. 

 

"Sorry," courage only stayed in her system for a minute before it decided to leave once again. "Sorry... I thought leaving you would allow you to live better. Sorry... Sorry for not being able to protect you... Wake up please? As long as you wake up, I promise. I promise to vanish in your life... I'd have nothing to do with you. I just hope you live well..."

 

Beeping of the life machine.
Breathing. 

 

Silence. 

 

"Wake up! WAKE UP KWON JI YONG! YOU HEARD ME?!!" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter