This Time

A Marriage's Happy Ending

**Hana‘s POV**

It’s not wrong, right?

I stole him. Made him mine. Made her suffer and don’t even know how she is living her life now.

Do I care?

Even I can’t answer that question.

Am I heartless?

Maybe so but she was the first one to began this.

Should I tell him how I truly feel?

They were thoughts and answers in my head as each day past by and Jaejoong visit every other day. Jung Hwa loved him so much like a father and I wished that Jung Hwa’s wish would be granted but I knew it was just a small dream compared to mine. I have a big dream and it was being with Jaejoong and having a stable family. Each time I was in Jaejoong’s embrace, I kept track of his heartbeats and mine but we were in different rhythms. I considered mine at a regular pace while his was abnormal and it felt like his heart was getting weaker and weaker. I came to realize that I was now grown and had so much in live; Jung Hwa, Jaejoong and more responsibilities. The other day, I asked if we should moved in together and he smiled but said he’ll think about it. Today, he looked tired and exhausted like he didn’t have a minute of sleep at all. Once I came to his house and Jung Hwa was at school, I put him to sleep like I would do to Jung Hwa. They both had amazing eyes with soft strands of lashes sticking out of their eyes. Their lips were plumped and a nice reddish-pink which reminds me of strawberries. The view of them sleeping just make me smile as I can stare all day long. He laid on his bed as I sat on the floor, leaning my chin on the edge. I lightly ran my fingertips across his slender cheek. Moments later, his pretty eyes fluttered open and his lips carved into a smile as a greeting.

“I‘m sorry…” He breathed out as his tired eyes were still closed.

“For what?” I whispered and he forced his eyes to open about a third.

“For sleeping such a long time.” He continued and I softly chuckled.

“Seems like you haven‘t been sleeping for the past days, right?”

“Just…a bit.” He admitted and I sighed.

“You shouldn‘t be doing that.” My voice was as gentle as talking to a baby.

“I can‘t. I got work to do and papers to look over.” He groaned as he sat up.

“Well that‘s why you have a secretary, duh~” I ruffled his hair and he smiled.

“I know…” He played along with his hair.

“Jaejoong…”

“Yea?”

“N-Never mind.” I shook my head.

“What’s up?” He came closer and I pushed him away.

“Nothing.” I sat still like a innocent girl getting hit on by a hot guy which was Jaejoong.

He roared out a yawn then got on his feet.

“I‘m going to go take a shower. We can go out after that, okay?”

“Okay.” I nodded then he left.

I fell back and relaxed my back on his warm bed. I huffed out a sigh then jumped out of his bed and skipped in jolliness to his closet. I scan through his well-ironed clothes and envy him for his great taste in clothes. As I went through each hanger, one shirt caught my eyes. It was nicely folded under the collection of shirts above. I was admiring the great features of it when I spotted a torn part of the shirt. The shirt had a staggering design but the raggedy part of it just made the shirt look horrible.

“Are you trying to find my outfit for me?” He asked from behind and I spun around, seeing him shirtless with only his boxer.

“Ey, what happened to this? It looks pretty besides this part.” I pouted and showed him the shirt.

“Oh… that?” Was all he said and I nodded.

“I‘m not sure if I should tell you or not.” He chuckled and walked away as he dried his hair with a small towel.

“What happened?” I followed with the shirt still in my grip.

He took a seat at the edge of the bed and looked at the shirt as I stood before him.

“It‘s torn because of Jin Ae.” He said but in a tone that didn’t sound happy even though he was smiling a bit.

“How?”

“Well that was about a month after we got married but got into a huge argument. I didn‘t cook for her so she was starving and didn‘t bother to get me to cook. When I went down, I heard her cussing in every word possible and I rushed to the kitchen only to see Jin Ae and a bleeding finger. She snapped her head up and widen her eyes when she saw me. I obviously asked what the hell she was doing and again, we quarreled. The cut must have been pretty deep since her blood was already creating a puddle of blood on the cutting board. I ran to get some gauze to wrap her wound but there was none. I had no more time to lose since the counter looked like a human was cut alive on top of it so as much as I loved this I had to stop her bleeding so I tore my shirt. I was angry for days and threw the shirt away but I guess Jin Ae saved it.” He shared his story and I felt a rock dropped on top of me.

“Tsh. How can you just do this to such a nice shirt? No wonder you‘re a pabo.” I laughed and threw the shirt at him then walked back to his closet.

When my back faced him, I acted like I was still looking through his clothes but honestly, I didn’t even know what I should be feeling now.

MEANWHILE...

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

I was in Candy Land, I swear. Cakes, strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate, ice cream, so much to make me go insane. I giggled as the music was a perfect synchronize with the place I am at the moment. I stuffed my mouth like I only had this chance to do so. I laughed evilly with food sparking out of my mouth. It sure was one dream come true. Ha.

“Jin Ae?”

Omo. Just look at the beautiful sun that looks so much like the sun I used to draw back in first grade. The grass is evenly cut and smell fresh cut.

“Dongsaeng…”

I’m so going back to eating lollipops and rowing on the chocolate river.

“Gosh, why do you look so dead?” I finally heard my unni’s voice and my dream closed down.

My eyes quivered as they adjust to the brand new light. My unni leaned closer and the image of her was blurry.

“Are you sick?” She asked when my hearing was able to adjust to her voice.

“W-what happened?” I dumbly but tiredly asked.

“I don‘t know either. You just fainted and the airport people tried waking you up but you showed no sign then they brought you here you the hospital.”

Before I could give her a response, the door opened and a doctor walked in.

“Is Miss Lee awake yet? Oh, yes you are.” The doctor gave a smile to us once he spotted me sitting up on the bed.

“Are you feeling dizzy, wants to puke, weak or anything right now?” He questioned and I shook my head at each questions.

“Um Miss Lee, I hope you won‘t get offended by this but is this your first time being pregnant?” He asked and my unni spun her head to me as I paid attention to the doctor.

“W-what do you mean?” I stuttered.

“You’re three weeks pregnant.” He went on.

“Huh?!” My unni shrieked and my eyes just widen.

My unni turned to me again with confusion and wanting a explanation of what the doctor was saying to us.

“B-But doctor, I was told that I‘m not able to bear any more kids. How can this be possible?” I asked and from the corner of my eye, I saw my unni’s expression deepen.

“I‘m not quite sure but there‘s are little possibilities that when a doctor tells a woman that, it is not 100% accurate. Also I will have to stress that if you have had miscarriages in the past, you must be careful this time because it might occur again.” He answered and I looked down, not knowing what to think of.

“Well please take good care of yourself.” He said then left the room.

"Dongsaeng…" My unni called me in a harsh tone but I knew what she was going to say.

“P-pregnant? W-H… Why didn‘t you tell me anything? Is this Taecyeon‘s? Your boyfriend TaeMin‘s? The worst can be: Jaejoong‘s? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!” She started to questioned more and more.

“LEE JIN AE!” She raised her voice.

"UNNI!" I did the same and faced her with tears in my eyes.

“Do you think I really want this?! Do you think I thought it was fun to allow myself to be pregnant again when I am a divorced woman?! I had enough! The only reason why Jaejoong married was only our first child! After the miscarriage, he stayed with me because of the second! This time I don't want him to be by my side!”

“I…I… don't need him and we're already divorce..." I broke in tears.

"Wait... I-I thought you said...."

"I know..." I closed my eyes as I sniffed back my tears and nod my head.

"I wanted to give him back to the person who was meant for him. The one he has been missing day and night. Jaejoong was the father of my first child. I had to lie to make this divorce possible. I did everything I could to make him hate me and now... it's just like how I imagine it... "

"Jin Ae...."

"Unni.... why does it have to hurt so bad? I thought it was going to be like high school break ups but this is even worse. It tore my heart into pieces and left me with emptiness. Why couldn't I get what I want but I have to give it to others? Am I too friendly? Or am I too selfish to want him as my own when he was someone else's?"

My unni didn’t know how to respond to me but only listened.

"I don't need him, right? All I need is to love my child as a mother and a father, right? ” I continued.

“Unni... who will be able to answer all these questions for me when God can't even speak to me? Why can't he just grant me a better ending?” I focused on her and even her tears were unstoppable to see her own dongsaeng being like this.

“I want to leave and I really do. I don‘t care if I have to run until this world ends. I…. I just want to get away from this life that was never meant for me. If it means for me to die, what better can I do living in this world full of sadness and pain? Most of all, I don‘t want to lose this child like the ones before.”

I was still lost in my head. Pregnant? After all this time when I thought I would never ever be able to give birth to any more kids, here I am with Jaejoong’s child once again. What am I going to do? I can’t just go up to him and tell him that I’m pregnant with his child. True, we slept together and he should know it already but I can’t twist things another round. Regardless of what is going to happen I can’t let him know about this. He’s happy and I have seen it more than once. I want him to keep on being like this even when I am torturing myself. Maybe one day he will find out about my child but by then I will be out of his sight so everything will be okay… right?

----

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

“Taecyeon shi…” Her gentle voice said my name.

“I know I shouldn’t be asking this but you‘re not going to regret this, will you? You don‘t really have to do this, you know?” She sounded like she wanted me to do a u-turn and just run away as far as we can.

“I don‘t know but hopefully something will work out.” I told her as I focused on the road.

“Taecyeon…” It was the first time she had said my name without sounding very polite.

“You know that marriage is a commitment, right?”

“It‘s more than a commitment. It is sacrifices, lost and gaining.”

“What do you expect to gain then?”

True. What did I expect myself to gain after all this? More love? From who? Jin Ae? Ji Kyung? Or who else? I was feeling guilty for this but I knew it was the right thing to do for me and Ji Kyung. We came to a final decision and we only have hope for this.

“I won‘t know until I have sacrifice enough.”

She slid her hand over my hand that was on the shift handle. As her warm hand landed on top of mine, I could feel something that was cold on her finger like it was the only cold part of her hand. It was the ring that was killing our happiness. The ring that held a promise we both couldn’t break but will we both be able to break through just one promise?

-----

A/N: The next chapter will be a JAEJOONG'S POV! YAY~! Something some people have been waiting. *SIGH* Yes, it is not in the past's past but only the ending of the next chapter will include a little bit of the past's past. I won't update later since according to my time zone it is already a new day. HALLOWEEN IS TOMORROW!!! OMG~! Going to eat a lot of candies. Hehe. Also thanks for the votes.

Happy Halloween, my dear readers ;)

-----

TEASERS:

“Same here. I just got married last year--- yah~ I heard you got married to that Lee Jin Ae. Is it true?” He curiously asked.

~~~~

From this torn shirt, it was one of the times when I cared for her and I can’t believe it was still here.

~~~~

“No like you‘re better than a dumb or what?” She continued washing her hands without turning to me.

-----

THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING & SUPPORTING!
UPDATED: OCT 30. 2010