Letting Go

A Marriage's Happy Ending
[A/N: I‘m still a young girl who doesn‘t know ANYTHING about divorcing so I asked my mom and she said it should take about a year but in THIS story, WE CAN‘T WAIT, RIGHT?! So let‘s just fake it that the papers were done at a EXTREME fast pace . ^^ ]

WEEKS LATER...

**Jin Ae's POV**

I was slowly feeling like my death was coming near. I have been shattered into pieces every since Taecyeon finally confess to me. I just wanted him to hate me forever just like how I want Jaejoong to do the same. I didn’t know why I thought this was the best solution for me to end such great relationships but that was all I could think of. Today was the day I was going to end my marriage that had made me grew through the struggles I had. I was getting prepared for it and my lawyer was going to come pick me up. Jaejoong was notified about today and he was ready himself. I went out and my lawyer was there, waiting for me. I got in his car and we left to the courthouse. They said so much I couldn't catch up with all the thoughts I had in my head. At one point I was about to cry but I had to be strong. One of my high school's guy friend who is also a great friend of Jaejoong, Min Jung, came too. He had a lot he wanted to ask but he knew better not to ask. We sat outside the court room and we did some talking.

"Jin Ae, if he really wants this he'll be here already but I know that he doesn't want this. How about you? Do you really want this?"

I thought about his words for a few seconds before I had the courage to speak up.

"But this is what I want. It's best for me and him even her..."

Heels tapped the marble floor and we both looked to see Jaejoong and his lawyer. Min Jung stood up and greeted Jaejoong with a handshake. I didn't look at the two friends but went inside. Again, the court talked and talked then asked questions. We took turn on the stand then after an hour everything was set. We were brought to a room as they did some final readings.

"Please sign here, Miss Lee." I looked at the blank that needed my signature to declare that I was going to divorce him.

I picked up the pen and quickly sketch my name on it. I dropped the pen and they past it to Jaejoong. He didn't hesitate to sign it. It broke my heart to see that he had no other reason to deny this divorce. He signed his name then after a few more discussions, we were released after the judge hit his gavel on the wooden pad and announced us as a divorce couple. I walked out with my lawyer and the pain was eating me up. My lawyer was explaining a few things to me but I heard nothing, just plain air and cries deep inside me. I looked up and he was walking the opposite direction of me. I slow down my pace but walked past him like I didn't need him to say any last words. I bit my trembling lips and tears were fighting their way out as I continue to walk. I tried deep breathings to release the thoughts but they were stuck there. I placed the back of my hand over my mouth and cried. It ached so awful that I just couldn't bear the pain anymore. I stopped and sobbed nonstop but obviously Jaejoong was nowhere near that he was able to hear my cry. My lawyer didn't know what to do but had me sit at a seat that was close by. I've never had this much pain inside of me before and it was just too much. I ran my hands through my hair and tears streamed down my face.

'Jaejoong... I'm sorry... Please don't forgive me and live happy forever...'

My lawyer took me to my parents' house and thankfully they weren't home but my unni. She comforted me but I lied that I was happy that I wouldn't have to worry about anything else. I spent the next few hours doing nothing but looked out the window pane in my room. I just couldn't believe that I was a single woman again after all these months. I was depressed and miserable about today but I guess it was meant to be. I looked at my phone then dialed her number.

*PHONE RINGING*

“Yes?”

“…”

"Can we meet?"

**Jin Kyung's POV**

We were in the middle of discussing about the wedding when Taecyeon excused himself. My eyes followed him as he went to the bathroom.

"We have set the date and I hope we both can agree on it." My appa told his appa.

"Of course.” He responded with a slight nod then turned to me.

“So.... Jin Kyung, is Taecyeon being nice to you?" His appa asked and I smiled with a nod.

"Yes, he is. He never complains at how slow I am when he is trying to teach something new to me. He didn't even know that I have no knowledge in riding roller skates. He was very patient with me." I commented and our appas shared a joyful laugh.

"Very well done. I just can't wait until the wedding." His appa added.

**Jin Ae's POV**

I was at the park we decided to meet at. I was there first and waited for her. When I saw her coming at the corner of my eyes, I stood up to face her. It seem like we were ready to have another war but the big war has already ended this morning.

"After what I have done, I hope you're satisfied. I wrecked my marriage for you because of guilt. I made him believe that I separated you two. He hates me now and I can bear it. I won't regret but all I ask from you is simple and I want you to fulfill it."

"What is it?"

"If you say you love him, I want you to make sure he is happy truly from his smile down to his heart. I was told how stupid it was of me to let go of such an amazing uy like him and I know I was but..." I trailed off and looked towards the sun that was setting across the horizon.

"The love I have for him will be something you will never understand." I forced a small smile on my face then looked back at her.

"Lastly, I want you to know that I was truly sorry for what I have done. If I was to live it over, I would have made you stay the night before you left...." I said and she didn't have anything to reply.

"Well... I should leave now." I finished then left.

I walked away with tears that had sorrow. I was hurt so bad and emotionally killed but I wanted everyone to be happy even if they were against me.

‘Why am I giving so much to others and can’t keep what I want to myself?’

-FLASHBACK-

I thought about talking to Jaejoong about bringing love back into our marriage but it was useless when I knew he had Hana in his heart. I was so upset by it but I couldn't do much. After making a decision I called Hana for a meet up. We met at a random cafe and it was obvious that she didn't want to declare herself as the loser.

"I'm planning to divorce him...." I said in a quiet tone that was barely my real voice.

"Am I suppose to be happy about it?" She sounded like she wanted me to cry and beg for forgiveness.

"I've thought about it and no matter how much I want us to be happy, how can we when he is scared of hurting you? My marriage wasn't the perfect one that everyone thought it was. Maybe it was but I knew one day it will turn out to be like this...."

"Hana... I'm willing to make him hate me and come back to you. Jaejoong and I have no more reasons to be together. I thought maybe... "

"You won't take your words back, right? I hate it when people say something but reverse it." She stated.

"Why would I take back my words? I don't want to have anything to do with him anymore.... I can do anything and I mean everything to make him wish he has never married me."

"Fine...." She let out a sigh and kept her serious face at me.

"I'm going to tell him about Jung Hwa and you will say that you knew about him. Tell whatever lies you can to make him believe you. I will do my part and never ever tell him about this."

-END-

----

[A/N: So what are you thinking now...?? Haha Wishing Hana will die right now?So someone asked me when this story will end and I... honestly I don't know. There might be about ten more chapters I guess but I kind of doubt it. I'll alert you all when there's a few more chapters left.]

----

TEASERS:

“WHY ARE YOU MAKING THINGS HARD FOR US?!” I took a step forth and she stared into my eyes.

~~~~

“Yes, you do, elephant.” I looked down at her and a smile spread on her face.

~~~~

“Because I can‘t love him back.”

~~~~

“He was such a great son-in-law. He was there for you even when you got into that accident. Why did you have to divorce?” My umma questioned with sadness in her voice.

“W-what?”

~~~~

THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING & SUPPORTING!
UPDATED: OCT 12. 2010