Mistake?

A Marriage's Happy Ending
SEVERAL DAYS LATER...

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

"I can't believe I accepted a gay person as my daughter-in-law!" I heard my mother-in-law clear enough from outside their bedroom room door.
 
"What can we do about it? She's probably not gay anymore." My father-in-law tried to think on the brighter side.
 
"Dear, she's gay!" She tried to make my father-in-law understand her point.

My mother-in-law was saying something while my father-in-law was saying another thing. I felt my insides turning into ashes as the truth got revealed to them.
 
"J-Jin Ae..." The house maid which we all consider as Aunt Geo stuttered when she saw me over heard what they were saying.

I looked at her full with mixed feelings then walked away.
 
"Jin Ae!" She called my name and I was only a few feet away from where I was then my parents-in-law came out.
 
I wanted to say something but I don't think it would matter anymore so I left before I could be stopped. 

"They're just words." was all I told myself the whole time.

Thinking more increased my anger since this was not some sort of mystery to solve. When I thought this was only between Jaejoong, Hana and I, more people were added in. I cried but no tears came and the pain wanted to come out, it was too damn stuck. How will I ever fix this especially when my mother-in-law will never see me the same?

-FLASHBACK-

Some days, Jaejoong was not being himself and ignore me when I asked where he was. It felt like things went back to the same when Jaejoong would always come late because of Hana. One day, I followed him and saw him enter a hospital. I kept right behind him and found out that he was seeing her. Tears ran down my cheeks as my husband held her hands and cared for her. It was all okay for him to care for her but I knew she wanted more and both of them didn’t take this as friends. I waited until Jaejoong left then I entered. Hana wasn’t so pleased when she saw me and I wasn’t going to pity her much this time.

“Are you here because of Jaejoong? For sure, he‘s seeing me AGAIN.” She stated with an attitude.

“Hana… is Jaejoong the only man you see in this world?”

“Maybe. What if he is? What if he isn‘t? Why should you care? Oh yea… He‘s YOUR husband. SORRY!” She acted like she was apologizing.

“Hana…” I shut my eyes as I bit my lower lip.

“This will be the last time I tell you this. Please don‘t try to take him away from me.”

“Impossible.”

“Please… just let Jaejoong go… I love him too. He‘s my life and the father of the child inside of me now. Please understand…”

“You also knew that he was the person who I couldn‘t live without. I told you everything and treated you like my own sister. There was never a day that I wished to backstab you but… you…”

“Hana. I know… but how many times do you want me to repeat the word sorry? You need to learn how to move on. All of us just can‘t go back being the same. I‘m really sorry for hurting you, Hana. I really am and it‘s killing me to see you doing this to yourself. Hana~ah… please…”

She still had her defense with a stare full with hatred even when I tried to sounds exactly like my words.

“Do you think you can hide your true self from everyone? You lied to everyone. You played with us like toys and dolls when we all were true to you.”

“What are you saying?” I said in confusion.

“If I were you, I might want to pay your mother-in-law a little visit. She must be as surprised as Jaejoong. By the way, you were a mistake in his life.” She said through her gritted teeth.

*SLAP*

Her cheek turned a little red once my hand slapped her. I was getting frustrated. I needed her to understand the situation now and wake up from these foolish things that she is doing.

“JIN AE!” A angry shout came behind me and tugged me back once he came to us.

Jaejoong exchange looks at us then stopped at me.

“What are you doing here?” He was demanding an answer.

I glared at him then back at Hana.

“Shouldn‘t I be the one asking you that?” I mirrored his question and looked back at Hana.

I glared at her then went out.

“Jin Ae!” He called.

“Jaejoong!” Hana said his name and I guess that stopped him.

‘No… I’m not a mistake in his life. I’m not. No, I’m not. Of course, I’m not…’

The words went through my head like a sad song. I broke into tears as I walked out of the hospital. The pain inside hurt so much, I felt like I didn’t have the strength to walk anywhere more like I had nowhere to go to.

-END-

LATER…

I spent the rest of the day at my parents’ house and wanted to stay the night but my unni would get suspicious so I had to go home. I inserted the key inside the lock but didn’t want to turn it. I either enter or stay out here. I heaved out a sigh then went inside. Jaejoong was in some of his comfy clothes and turned when he heard me. I tried keeping my eyes from contacting his when I walked past him but it was like his eyes made me froze.

“Why were you at the hospital?” His question sounded like he was on Hana’s side.

I gave him a look but ignored his question and kept walking.

“Jin Ae!” He grabbed my arm.

**Jaejoong‘s POV**

“LET GO OF MY HAND!” Jin Ae shouted and tried tugging her hand out of my grip.

“Why are you acting like this?!”

“Jaejoong, I need an final answer. Who am I to you? Am I your wife or someone just here using my time for nothing?”

“Of course you’re my wife.”

“Then treat me like one. In a marriage, it doesn‘t require a third person. It either be me or Hana.”

“Jin Ae…”

“No! Look, Jaejoong. You see this. In my eyes are tears that have shed many times for you and can you hear the pain in my voice? Everything of me is begging for a change in our marriage but nothing is changing. Jaejoong… please stop doing this to me. I really hate being like this.” She cried.

I was speechless. Each word that was at the tip of my tongue just couldn’t come out. I wanted to have answers or explanations ready for her but they were all worthless when she express her feelings.

“Only if I didn‘t have this child, I wouldn‘t want to see another day of light. Where can I find my happiness in it? Nowhere.”

“Give me some more time also I‘m sorry about what umma said.” I pleaded.

“Umma and appa have the right to know about what were told to them. Who can I really blame…?“ Her voice shook a bit then she looked up at me.

“Please don‘t ever ask me that again. Enough is enough. I have told you many times that don‘t let this child be the reason from preventing you to be with Hana. Don‘t worry about child‘s support or not being able to see the child, I understand that one day they will want to know who their father is.” She sniffed then silence overcame us.

My eyes shifted from her crying eyes to the spot that was like a oracle chamber for my baby. OUR baby. I gritted my teeth then went into the kitchen, leaving Jin Ae alone in the living room. It felt like I have left her in the darkness like before.

----

[A/N: So... Taecyeon is going after her! YAY! Well AFTER she divorce Jaejoong. Will it happen?? Mmm... Hehe. Just wait :) Sorry again for the BIG jump in the story. I didn't know what else to write so I just wanted to skip to the drama.]

----

TEASERS:

“One day, umma will share everything to you. When that day comes, I would be able to find my laughter again.”

~~~~

"So how did he purpose to you?" I was so up for a update but only recieved a playful nudge.

~~~~

"...Guys are stupid jerks and I didn‘t get to see if Jaejoong is some kind of dumb bastard or not but with today‘s ceremony, you will be the change in him and he will be for you as will.”

~~~~

A random question popped up and it read: Define your best friend and why is she or he your best friend? By seeing this, it made me thought of her. Have I done too much to her?

----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING! :)
UPDATED: SEP 14. 2010