Safe War

A Marriage's Happy Ending
[A/N: Present time! This will be the last update until tomorrow or the next next day. (: ]

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

My hand slid down the lump of my stomach. I was eager to know that I was pregnant once again. Soon everyone will realize that I am having a child and either Choo Hee or Soo Hee would like to kill me after the baby comes out. I took the day off while Jaejoong went to work and promised to be back before four. It didn’t seem like the day was going to be interesting but I woke up at ten and only needed to work five to six hours before Jaejoong comes back. When my phone started ringing, I was hoping it would be him.

“Hello?!” I answered with a grin.

“J…Jin…” A delicate voice mumbled on the other line.

“M-Mi Young?”

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

I didn’t put on my “thinking cap” before I came to work and now I was out in the open air. I was close to shredding the new paper works I received the moment I saw them on my desk. I sat back in my chair and closed my eyes but her face would appear. I kept my eyes open but they were drying out since I didn’t want to close them. I looked at the clock and only ten minutes has past since the moment I came to work. I sat back up straight and sorted out some papers before looking to some new ones. As I tried fixing some files, a small slip of paper fell out. I looked down and picked it up. I frowned at the little piece of paper and ended up opening it.

‘Ok Taecyeon! Eat healthy and stay healthy. Don’t grow too much because I feel like a midget when I stand next to you xP P.S I’m going to bring a measuring tape in next time so I can measure your height! -Jin <3’

I let out a weak laugh as I picture her saying this in a little bubble thought imaginably coming out of my head. With this, I remember the envelope she gave me that one day when I was not in a very good mood. I had it between some books since I didn’t have the heart to just toss it away. I opened it and it was a card. Correction: Early Birthday card. I smiled and opened the card.

‘Tae, Thank you. Thank you for being a friend that I will never be able to find anyone to replace. You’re what makes everyday at work exciting and happy. In high school, you made me feel like a bad when I made you do all those bad stuff but most of all, I’m happy to see you all grown up and having senses in yourself. Don’t get marry early like me and make sure you marry the girl THEN have a baby with her. It’s like hell when a girl is pregnant. Well, my point is to find the girl who will be another extension to your life. Someone who can connect with you through feelings, eye contacts, words and most importantly, love. I appreciate and am really grateful to have you back in my life, my friend. Remember to stop growing! I think you’ve grown two centimeter taller! Haha. Your bestie, Jin Ae’

When feelings couldn’t be express and only words can, it was enough. I didn’t need her to show her true feelings towards me. It was already too much or is it too less?

**Mi Young‘s POV**

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do this. Am I up to see her be hurt? But I’m hurt too! I couldn’t sleep for the past days starting from the day she told me everything. I was shocked when Hana called me. She asked for my help and without thinking much, I said I would help. I was in the coffee shop, waiting for Jin Ae. It wasn’t the cold weather that made me shiver but it was my heart pounding against my chest. I took a s\deep sigh and count down until Jin Ae walked through the entrance.

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

After my arrival, we got some drinks and tried to get somewhere from here. I pulled out something and placed it on the marble table then pushed it forward to her.

“Here… I thought it would be best if I return this to you.” I said and she took it.

Her eyes widen when she opened the small box. Those big eyes looked at me and I had nothing much to say.

“I remember you said we should be like a pearl. It has a ugly clam as its protector but it‘s the best part of it. I think you should give it to someone who would appreciate it more than me.”

She gave out a disappointed sigh and put the box in her coat pocket.

“Jin… I…” She trailed off.

“Do you… still love me?” The words were hard to be forced out.

“Honestly I… Mi Young, I‘m not the old Jin Ae that you knew in high school. I‘m a married person. I…*sigh* Are we just here to talk about this?”

"Jin... but I love you. I'll never love anyone else but you. Please don't leave me. I gave you everything even my first time. You can't just leave me like this." She begged me with her teary eyes.

"Mi Young, what you need to understand now is that I don't love you anymore. I'm not the Jin Ae who was in love with you. You need to move on. W...Why would you even love me? I'm a girl and you are too. What do I have that you want so much?" I frustratingly questioned as I kept my voice down.
 
“Mi Young… The worst I could say but for the best for us is: I wish you never came back.” I left the table and went out.

She came after me and grabbed my arm.

“Are you really going to let go of what we had?" She asked.

"We never had anything. There were no love in this." I replied then took a step forward.
  
"Then one last kiss?" She asked as she turned me to face her again.

I stared into her eyes that were once filled with happiness before I entered her life. Now they were only filled with tears with sorrow.

**Jaejoong‘s POV**

I've called Jin Ae a few times but she wasn't answering her phone at all. She's probably asleep or something. I carefully drove back home even when there were barely cars on the street. On the side of the street, I saw two people. One of them was unknown to me but the other one... can it be Jin Ae? I drove by and got closer. The other girl touched her face then they kissed. The whole scene replayed in my head. I was dead shocked and speechless.

**Jin Ae's POV**
 
I thought it was just going to be one kiss and nothing more but by the time her lips touched mine, it was not the same feeling. It felt wrong, like this was all a mistake. I pushed her away and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.
 
"There. I'm leaving." I stated but didn’t make another move.
 
She smiled and lightly placed her fingers on her lips. I turned but something stopped me, it was not her hand nor was it her voice but some kind of weird feeling.

“Jin Ae…“ She called me by my real name for the first time since when the very moment she heard my name.

“Thank you. You were like everything in my whole life. I thought things were going to be like how it was when I left it but I was wrong. You really change and I‘m proud. I knew that one day, we‘ll never be the same. Actually, I‘m engaged but…” She sniffed and tears ran down her cheeks.

“I couldn‘t marry him without seeing you one last time. Jin Ae… I want to fight for you and I was prepared for it but seeing you with Jaejoong and your upcoming baby, I knew that you have everything in front of you…” She walked to me and grabbed my hands.

“When you think that you and Jaejoong were a mistake, believe that it was but it showed you the true meaning of life. You‘re everything to him, just how he is to you. Grasp on tight to him and keep your smile. As for me, I didn‘t find my true happiness until I found you. Even though I was confused, I realized that life had more for me. It was not only love but I was born to create a family and to have someone change my life and that person was you. By the way, congratulation about the baby. I hope we‘ll continue to be friends?”

I smiled and hugged her. Aside from the kiss, the hug felt warmer than ever. Even Jaejoong couldn’t give me this feeling when I was in his arms.

“You were already my friend from the start. Remember to be happy too. I‘ll be waiting to hear when you have your first child.” I caress her back and broke into a silent cry.

LATER…

After I felt refreshed, we both went our separate way. I was still in tears when I watched her leave. I was officially moving on and she ended things for us with a safe war. Her fiancé was British and she met him when she left to study in America. We updated each other like we were best friends forever and I liked it that way. I was so eager to hear everything about her, it made me wish we could have been like this when we began.

‘Thank you for understanding, Mi Young. I wish you the best.’

-FLASHBACK-

“YAH!” I glared at her as she pulled away the kiss with some boy I didn’t know.

“WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?!”

Mi Young looked at me in fear but didn’t say anything. I was too damn jealous to even realized that I was in a fist fight with my at-this-moment rival. Mi Young pulled me away and dragged me up to the school’s roof. I walked before her and she tried to stay behind me. I harshly sat down and she did too, right next to me.

“Sorry~” She tried wiping the blood off my lip but I turned my head away.

“Who are you now? You‘re someone I don‘t even know anymore.” I stood up and started to walk away.

“Jin!” She ran and wrapped her arms around my waist.

“I‘m sorry~” She apologized but I ripped her arms off me.

“You think it‘s that easy to just say sorry after what you‘ve done?!” I showed her my anger and she pouted.

“I-I know but--- JIN!”

I walked out of the roof and she fell to the grounds on her knees, crying in hope for me to turn back but I was telling myself not to.

-END-

----

[A/N; Shocked?! No words to say?! Blank?! Aha. So many twists, right? Ugh ;P]

----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING!
UPDATED: SEP 9.2010