Her Happiness

A Marriage's Happy Ending
**Jin Ae‘s POV**

I cried the whole night until I fell asleep. Jaejoong carried me upstairs then went down so he could be the one sleeping on the couch. Morning came and I groaned as the soreness in my eyes was being blinded by the sunlight. My feet lightly touched the stair’s surface as I went down to see if he was still asleep or not. I went closer to the couch and he wasn’t there.

‘He probably left.’ I sadly thought then went back up.

Before I enter in our room, I noticed that JaeMin’s door wasn‘t closed shut. I went over and slowly pushed the door open, only to see Jaejoong laying his head on the edge of the crib. I never asked for things to be like this. We were both hurt again and I was afraid of this. Why couldn’t we just last longer? We haven’t been married for a year and it’s like this. I sighed then he turned his head to the other side. I went in and took out one of the small blanket to cover him.

“No…Jin Ae…don‘t…leave…” He mumbled in his dreams.

I put the blanket on him then left. I placed a hand over my mouth with the incoming cry. I got dressed and was about to leave the house but it felt like something was dragging me back upstairs. I closed the door then went up. I lightly had the door open to a crack and looked through that to see him. One day, this will be how I get to see him. Silently watching him from far away whether he is happy or not. I went out before I started crying again. I took a walk outside and it was lightly snowing. I stare at the bright sky and wondered why couldn’t my marriage be the same.

“Jin Ae?”

I turned around and Taecyeon was standing there with a newly bought cup of coffee.

“Taecyeon…”

He walked forward and had a wondering face like why am I here?

“Where are you going?”

“Oh… Just for a little walk.”

“Can I join you?”

“Sure.” I simply answered with a slight smile.

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

This has been our first official walk since the last time we did back in high school. When it was okay to tackle each other down to the ground like little kids. It was okay to be the loudest people on the streets since we were just teenagers who didn’t have anything better to do.

-FLASHBACK-
[LISTEN TO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeHRuPzml9c ]

“Omo, it‘s snowing!” Jin Ae looked up to the sky.

I put my hand out with my mittens covering it and the snowflake fell on my palm.

“Pabo~ah, what are you trying to do?”

“Look. They’re different shapes.” I pointed to the snowflakes.

“Tsh. They look like crushed ice.” She scoffed then kept walking.

“Will the teacher be looking for us since we‘re gone?” I sounded scared and wimpy.

“You can go back and tell them that you skipped. It‘s alright. If you‘re too scared to get in trouble, just say that Lee Jin Ae got you into this. Easy as that.” She walked backward, facing me.

“Aniyo~ That‘s not right.” I refused.

“Then just forget it.” She said then started to walk regular now.

“Jin Ae~ah!” I cuddled close to my scarf and stuffed my hands in my pocket as I ran to her.

“Where are we going?”

“No where.”

“Eh? Then what if we get lost? My parents will be looking for me and my hyung, unnis, teachers. Omo… no, we must go back!” I was freaking out and she lightly push my head with one finger.

“Pabo, who said we were getting lost? The street is just right over there.” She pointed to my right.

“Oh~” I pouted once I saw cars passing by with the thin trees blocking the view.

She smoothed her hands together and blew hot air in them.

“Here.” I took off my mittens and gave it to her.

“Why?”

“Your hands are getting cold. Put these on.”

“Tsh. I‘ve been through the coldest winter day of Korea without mittens and my hands still survive. Keep them for yourself.” She sounded confident.

“Aniyo~ Just take it.”

I grabbed her hand and put them on her. They were a little big but at least it was going to keep her hands warm then she pinched my nose.

“Hurry up and put your hand in your pockets before they fall off.” She teased then she walked ahead of me.

-END-

I remember she would always walk in front of me. I was always behind since I was too shy to walk side by side with her. Today, with more guts I wish this was a moment I could be holding hands with her without wearing mittens or anything to keep my hands warm but it was just a wish. We sat on a bench by the park and I shared my coffee with her.

“Where‘s your mittens?” She caught my hands looking red and icy.

“I forgot them in my car.”

“Eh? Where‘s your car then?” She sat up.

“Where I first met you.” I simply replied.

“Yah, how can you come out without mittens?!”

“You never wear them too.” I protested and she open but nothing came out.

“Here.”

She took my hands and covered them around mine.

“Next time if you don‘t wear mittens, I curse your hands to fall off.” She hissed and I chuckled.

“Why~? I just forgot them in my car. No big deal.”

“Wait, my hands are bigger then yours. I should be the one covering your hands.”

I slipped my hands out and covered hers. She looked at me with mid-size eyes and I smiled at her.

“Your hands are so cold.” I commented.

“So are yours.” She argued.

“Oh this too.” I realized that her scarf was too thin so I loose mine and wrapped it around her neck.

“A-Aniyo~ Tae~!” She called me in the name only she will call me.

“Look, if you get sick. I‘ll be very mad at you so keep warm.” I told her.

“So? If you get sick then it‘s my fault since you‘re trying to keep ME warm.” She protested

“And?”

“And…” She trailed off.

We kept playing around and argue back and forth to keep each other warm. It was a part of time that I wish I keep it like this forever and ever. Let’s replay it once again, Jin Ae.

MEANWHILE…
**Jaejoong‘s POV**

I woke up and a blanket was over me. It made me realized that Jin Ae was in here but how long ago? I went out of the room with tired eyes. I entered our room and she wasn’t on the bed. I checked every room but no Jin Ae. I assumed she must have gone out. I took a shower to refresh myself a bit. When I got out, my phone started ringing. I looked at the ID caller and it was Hana.

“Hello?”

“Are you going to come visit me?”

“I‘m a bit busy now.” I lied.

“Oh~ Well I really miss you.”

“Jaejoong?” She called me when I didn’t answer back.

“Huh? Sorry I was out of my head for a bit.”

“Oh… I’m going to get my eye surgery tomorrow. Will you be there?”

“Do you want me there?”

“Yea but…”

“I‘ll come, don‘t worry.”

“Thanks.”

“I‘ll call you later.”

“Alright. Bye.”

I end the call and sat back on the sofa.

“Where can she be?” I wondered to myself as I looked for her number.

*PHONE RINGING*

“Aniyo~! YAH!” I heard her giggling.

“Hello?”

“YAH! Stop that! YAH!” She went on.

“Hello?”

“Ss…ah… Omo, it hurts so bad…”

“Are you okay?” I heard a male voice.

I hung up the phone and feelings mixed inside of me.

Is she trying to get back at me?

Did I call the wrong number?

Jin Ae won’t do this to me, right?

How can she?

Is she really going to break our marriage up?

LATER…
**Jin Ae‘s POV**

I didn’t expect to see Taecyeon even spending the whole day with him but I ended up doing so. While playing in the snow, I tripped and twisted my ankle. Taecyeon massaged my ankle and it felt much better now. He sent me home and I watched him go until his car disappeared from my eyes. I walked up the stairs and I was surprised to see the lights on. I thought Jaejoong went out but I guess not. I entered and took off my boots and coat. I walked down the small hall and saw Jaejoong sitting on the sofa. I felt a dark feeling in the atmosphere as I looked at the back of him.

“Had fun?” He sounded angry but I didn’t answer.

“How was it? Was he better at than me?” He stood up and faced me with a ice cold glare.

“What are you talking about?” I said as I grew angry at his question.

“Don‘t try to lie to me. I know what you were doing today.” He crossed his arms.

“It has nothing to do with you.”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME WHEN YOU‘RE ING ANOTHER MAN BEHIND MY BACK?!” He yelled in anger.

“So seeing and sleeping with Hana before wasn‘t called cheating? HOW CAN YOU JUST SAY THAT WHEN YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STATED IT FIRST?! I‘M YOUR WIFE, JAEJOONG! DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD JUST SLEEP WITH ANOTHER GUY TO GET BACK AT YOU FOR WHAT YOU‘VE DONE?! I‘M NOT THAT STUPID! IF I WANTED REVENGE, I DON‘T NEED TO SLEEP WITH ANOTHER GUY TO MAKE YOU JEALOUS! WHAT WILL I GAIN?! WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?! NOTHING! YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS MY HAPPINESS TOO, NOT ONLY YOURS!” Tears were at the corner of my eyes as both of our eyes were filled with grudge.

I walked past him and went upstairs to our room. I slammed the door behind me and ran my hands through my hair.

'This is about my happiness too...'

----

TEASERS:

It kept going on and on like we needed to end this relationship. We didn’t need no more time. It was too hard and frustrated since our friends and families were seeing it.

~~~

“Oppa…” I softly called his name.

“It‘s me.” The person I most expected but at the same time didn’t want to come, finally came.

~~~

“Oppa… will you stay with me forever?”

~~~

“Do you know that a few days can change someone? The time I decided to give you wasn‘t even a day but a few hours and you showed me what was more important for you. I‘ll just keep away until you‘re satisfied.” I walked around him and went to our room.

----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING! :)