Sad Anniversary

A Marriage's Happy Ending

**Jaejoong‘s POV**

It has been two nights and three days that Jin Ae hadn’t come back yet. No phone calls. Nothing. I went to work for the past days and they felt lonely without her. I missed having her in my passenger seat. I miss her teasing. Her laugh. Her jokes that makes no sense at all but sounds funny when she says them. I just miss her. The house was like a dark dungeon with no dragon or princess. Nothing to expect from it. I was thinking about the baby and I counted the months that has past. She was probably about three months now then in two more months, I will know if I’m getting a boy or girl. I tried being positive but the negative was clinging on me. How was I able to love one person less than one year? One year?

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

From the start of the meeting, I took glances at her when she wasn’t realizing it. I tried backing her up with the ideas she had when they seems not to be reasonable enough. When it was my turn to talk, I would mostly look straight at her for at least five second then look at the other people. The meeting ended after two hours or so then we walked back to our offices as the workers greeted us.

“Jin Ae…”

“Yea?” She turned around when she was already at her door.

“Thanks.”


“Why?”

“For the card and your voice message.”

She gave me a thinking face and it took her a few seconds to remember.


“Oh…” She laughed being dumbfounded.

“Well I couldn’t give or do much so yea~”

“Want to head out for lunch later?”

“Sure UNLESS you treat me AGAIN.” She sounded like a bossy “girlfriend”.

“Wait, I thought YOU wanted to treat me NEXT TIME?” I crooked one of my eyebrows at her.

“I always like to change my mind.” She smiled and went in.

I scoffed then entered in mine. I sat at my desk with papers that piled as high as skyscrapers. No, this was just an exaggeration but I had a lot to do though.

*PHONE RINGING*

“Yes, dad.” I answered.

“I hope you didn‘t forget your lunch with Jin Kyung today.” He reminded me.

“Dad. Actually, I---”

“Son, we’ve talked over this. This wedding is going to happen even if you agrees to it or not. I‘ll call Jin Kyung and make sure you go see her.“ With that, he hung up before I could say more.

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

Papers. Papers. Papers, please burn to hell once you’re recycled! Ugh. I am so moody and craving for so much. I took my weight yesterday and I gained one pound! BABY! OMG! I tapped my chin as I was trying to figure out what I needed at this moment to fulfill my cravings. Chocolate? No. Kimchi? Ugh, bitter but spicy~ Sushi? Too small. Ice cream? Tsh, that’s what made me fat! Chips? Fatty. Just something?! Sadly, yes. As my wonders went on, a soft knock was at my door.

“Come in!” I told the person on the other side.

“Assistant Kim, these were sent for you.” The secretary walked in then four men followed behind with HUGE pots of flowers, each carrying one.

I was stunned and had nothing to say once they all left. I got out of my seat and went to the flowers. One of the pot has my favorite roses which were a soft orange stained with a bit of red on the tips. A card was stuck in the center and I took it out. I opened it and it read:

Jin Ae,

Today is our first anniversary. I wanted to fill your whole office with all the flowers in the world but I thought it might be too bothersome so I sent four bunches of flowers representing me, you, our baby and our future. We have been a couple for a year but sadly, we have to be apart. I wanted to do something more special for you but I’m not even a good husband myself. I know you don’t want to see me but let’s try to work something out. We’re expecting a child soon and I would like to allow our child to receive both of our love. Please listen to this tape.

Sincerely,

Your Husband

Kim Jaejoong

Inside the card’s envelope was a tape. It had “To My Wife” written on it. What a dumb jerk. Where the hell can I find a tape player in this building? I went to my phone and called the secretary.

“Yes, Assistant Kim.”

“Um… can you find me a tape player?” I requested with doubt.

“Do you mean a cassette player?”

“Yea, that.”

“Sure. Do you want it now?”

“Yes.”

“I‘ll get it for you then.”

“Thank you.”

I released my finger from the “Call” button and read the card one more time. Seconds later, she walked in with a cassette player. I placed it next to the flowers and inserted the tape. The machine started to wind and it played the tape.

“Jin Ae~ah… I‘m sorry. I know I have said this many times to you and over and over but please believe me. I‘m trying to be a better man each time we get into this. Please try to understand that Hana…*sigh* she was once the person who I loved so much. I just can‘t stand seeing her living in remorse as we live in happiness together. Well my point of this tape is to tell you how I actually feel for you. I don‘t know why I can‘t do this in front of you but at this time, you‘re not content to see me so please just listen to my voice as I speak my words to you through this tape. Jin Ae… Happy Anniversary to us. I remember on this day, I told myself that even I said my vows to you they were just words and will never mean more. Well I was very wrong and they became promises with the each struggle we went through. I‘ve never thought that I would make you my real wife and loved you this much even when we were not high school sweethearts or even had love between us from the start… My dear wife… I really miss you and our baby. Please come back home. I really need you now. I love you…”

I wiped away the tears that I was shedding. What I was feeling inside couldn’t be control any longer. I didn’t know what it was but it wanted to rip itself out of me and be exposed to the world. Even to Jaejoong. I didn’t realized Taecyeon’s presence until he called my name.

“Are you alright?” He was full of worries.

I just nodded as I sniffed the tears back.


“I‘m sorry I didn‘t hear your knock.” I apologized.

“It‘s alright but I’m sorry I can‘t take you out for lunch.” He sounded like he really was sorry.


“It‘s okay. We have forever to do that, I think.” She joked even at the moment when she seem really upset.

“Seriously, it‘ll be my treat next time.” He compromised.


“I was just lying about you treating me. I‘ll treat you next time.”


“No, MY treat.” He argued.

“Aniyo~” I whined and he pinched the tip of my nose.

*PHONE RINGING*

We both turned our heads to my desk and I stood still for two seconds before I went to answer it.

“Yes father-in-law… Meet you? Okay, no problem. Araso. Yes, yes. Bye.” I end the call and return to Taecyeon.

“You have plans too, right?” He asked with a small smile and I mirrored his expression back.

“Yea. I have to meet with my father-in-law.”

“Well I‘ll see you later.” He bid me goodbye.

“Okay.” He went out and I stood still where I was, thinking about what the meet will be about.

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

When the clock 11:30, I made my way to the destination I was supposed to go. I entered in the restaurant and I spotted her sitting at a table next to the window.


“I hope you didn‘t wait long.”

“Not at all.” She shook her head as I sat down.


“So what would you like to eat?” I asked.


“Mm… I‘m not sure.” She opened her menu and took a look at it.

It took us a few minutes until we placed our orders. Jin Kyung wasn’t such a bad-looking person. She was quite tall with great features. Her eyes were wide and it was as if she can easily see everyone all around her. Her hair was a brownish black that was up to her chest. Like usual fathers would do, we were engaged when we were young.

**Jin Kyung‘s POV**

His looks weren’t very judgmental. It fitted him perfectly even his personality. We have met a few times before, trying to set up our wedding. Our ARRANGED marriage that was going to happen in about a few months or so. We didn’t grow up together since I left to the States during my early years but came back for a few years in junior high due to my dad‘s business. I lived there for many years and finally came back for just a wedding. I didn’t know much about him but I remember when I was little, my umma would always tell me that my prince isn’t in a fairy land but in Korea. I would grump and get angry at it since I was assuming that she was trying to tell me that my prince didn’t live in MY fairyland. When I became older, I realized that the prince was him. The person in front of me that sort of caught me in moments of staring at him.

“So… My appa wanted to discuss about something and I think you know already.” I started a conversation with my soft voice.

“Um… about that. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.” Our eyes connected and I saw mixed feelings in his eyes.

“Why do you want to marry me?”

I was speechless. Some people would think it’s an easy question but to me, I don’t think I could give a great response to it.

Why would I want to marry him?

Good question but no answer… for now.

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

I waited patiently at a table in the restaurant I was going to meet my father-in-law. Once I saw him walking towards me, I got out of my seat and greeted him with a polite bow. We got seated and made orders for drinks only.

“Seems like Jaejoong haven‘t been treating you well, am I correct?” He asked the question with no hesitation.

I shifted in my seat and looked down.

“One reason I‘m here is to apologize for what your mother-in-law said. She was just overwhelmed with the news but it‘s all right now.” His straight face didn’t make my heart feel any lighter but heavier.

What if he wants me to divorce Jaejoong?

What about the baby?

Will he ask me to give full custody to them once the baby is born?

Is he going to make me ran away as far as I can away from Jaejoong?

“Father-in-law… I‘m so sorry for what have happened…” I started with a hint that I was about to cry.

“I know this won‘t be acceptable and I understand that things will not be the same. Even you and mother-in-law will not see me the same way anymore. M-maybe you want me to divorce Jaejoong or leave him but I can‘t. We‘re expecting another child and we both need him. More like our child needs him. I want the child to have a father by their side at all times. Father-in-law…” I looked up to him with a earnest face that I was true about these words.

“I love Jaejoong and I’m willing to do anything just to be with him.” I pleaded.

“Why would you want to do this for my son? Isn‘t he a jerk? A worthless bastard? You should know how he was in the past, right? He was such a troublemaker and I had a hard time raising him but why would you do so much for him?” He sounded like he wanted a perfect answer.

“Honestly…”

“I don‘t know…” I kept going off on my sentences since I didn’t have any reasons.

“I guess I loved the way he is now. After we got married, I started to love him from the outside in. In high school, I hated him so much, I wish he would get run over by a crazy drunk driver. After we graduated, I wished he would study so much in college that his brain will blow up but…” A slight smile appeared on my face.

“But when it came to marriage, I realized that there was more to him than just a stupid person like him.” Light tears ran down my tears as I explained my simple reason or “perfect” reason.

“Jin Ae…” He said my name in his deep voice and I didn’t want to hear his response with his facial expression but I had to look at him though.

“Me and your mother-in-law wanted to thank you.”

‘WHAT?!’

I was stuck in space when I heard the sentence. Thank you? I thought…

“Thank you for helping Jaejoong to make the change in him. He has learned so much without us within one year. He‘s taking over my business and is going to have his own family to come home to in such a short time. As a father, I feel ashamed for not being able to raise him well. I honestly had a different impression on you from the very first moment I met you. I thought my son brought in more trouble, not that it was you but I assumed that he just wanted to make me go crazy. I couldn’t deny his request when he said I was expecting a grandchild and that‘s something that most parents desires from their children. You were really more than I thought and I would like to thank you.” He confessed and my tears were at the edge of my eyes but they didn’t feel like falling.

The change in him…?

NIGHT…

**Jaejoong‘s POV**

Why am I here?

Am I seeing everything in doubles?

Where am I?

Why the hell am I holding a glass cup?

Thoughts scrammed in my head and I couldn’t sort them out. My head was hurting badly and I couldn’t stand straight.

“Jaejoong…” A voice whispered in my ear then my world went black.

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

After the meet, I went back to work then Taecyeon took me home. Yes, to the my home that I created with my husband. I was at the doorstep but didn’t go in just yet. The lights were off and I assumed he might still be at work. I took in some fresh air before I entered. Once the door open, coldness welcomed me. It felt gloomy and depressed but with the thought that Jaejoong will be home soon, I felt warmth once again.

----

A/N: I'm addicted to photoshop now. UGGGHHH! Anways uh seems like Winglin is DOOOWWN again! Tsk. Well, I'll be updating on here until Winglin comes back. So! My day yeaterday was great! I celebrated my birthday along with my mom's and my two sister's birthday, altogether. It was a nice gathering. So how was your day? Oh! I got two dollars too. AHA.

----

TEASERS:

“Hi. Welcome to Golden Hotel, what can I do for you today?” One of the lady greeted me.


“Um… Can you help me find what room is Kim Jaejoong?” I requested.

~~~~

“JIN AE!” I was about to go after her but remember that I had no pants but only a bathrobe.

~~~~

The moment I was going to take another step, the scratching of tires made me stop.  

~~~~

Our first baby was the reason why I married her and the second one was the reason I wanted to be a better man.

-----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING! :)

UPDATED: SEP 19. 2010