Friend

A Marriage's Happy Ending

**Ji Kyung’s POV**

I’ve been crying for the past days. Mona purposely delay her flight due to my depression but in about another week she would be leaving back. I was gloomy and my heart was at pain. I trembled at each rage of my tears filling in my eyes. I sniffed them back but they failed not to fall. Mona came almost everyday and stayed morning til the sun would set or until I cried myself to sleep. Today she took me out with her lack of knowledge around Seoul. We sat in a tea café and had a little talk.

“I hope you’re feeling better.” Mona comforted me and I sighed.

“I don’t feel as bad as before but I still can’t stop thinking about him.” I confessed and she placed her hands on top of mine.

“Jackie, a man like him is not worth your time. It’s the same when you fell in love with Jason. He was the biggest jerk and a total sweetheart at the same time but you got over him within… a day and a half? Come on, your so-called fiancé shouldn’t be someone who will make you sad forever.”

“But Mona…” I gazed at her and was feeling my tears.

“Taecyeon is different. I thought I wouldn’t fall in love with him easily but I failed. He wasn’t the biggest sweetheart like Jason nor was he a jerk but I fell for who he was. I knew he was being distant from me at times but I didn’t make myself notice it. I wanted to think that he was just uncomfortable about us but I guess…” I drifted off and she knew what I was feeling right now.

“Well I wanted to spend as much time with you before I leave. I can’t stay long since I have things to get back to once I’m in the States.” She informed me and I nod.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll get better in time also there’s Skype.” I sounded dumb but we both laughed at it.

“Mona… I don’t know who else I can turn to if you weren’t here especially if I have never met you.”

“It’s okay, buddy. Just to let you know that if I ever get to meet your fiancé again, he’s dead human meat!” She hissed and I chuckled at her statement.

**Jaejoong’s POV**

I woke up like a nightmare was attacking my night sleep. I was dreaming about the other day with us together. I looked at my clock and it was 5 in the morning. I groaned but could not go back to sleep so I woke up to make breakfast for me. Today was a day to hang out Jung Hwa and Hana. Frying and boiling killed thirty minutes of my morning then a shower took fifteen minutes. Like a blink of an eye it was morning and the sun was saying hello to the world. I took another look at the clock and I assume Hana should be up by now so I called her.

*PHONE RINGING*

“Hello?” Her tired voice answered.

“I thought you were awake already.”

“Not really. Jung Hwa was having a fever so I had to stay up all night to watch him.”

“Is he getting better? Is it a minor fever?” I asked with concerns.

“Yea, the doctor said he’ll be fine. So how was the party? One of your friends told me about it.” She sounded like she was fine with it.

“Oh… It was…”

The moment flashed in my head and it stopped me from continuing what I wanted to say.

“Um… It was okay. I got home safe.” I practically lied.

“Well that’s good. Are you stopping by today?” She asked.

“I’ll see about that, take good care of him, araso?”

“I know.”

I smiled and said goodbye to her before hanging up the call adding along a over-the-phone kiss. I looked out my window in the living room and the sky was a gentle blue after the rain yesterday. I was on the sofa but as I looked out, I placed my arms and chin on top of it on the edge of the sofa.

‘Why do rainy days always makes me miss you?’

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

[A/N: The first few sentences are only what Jin Ae was thinking about the day of Taecyeon’s wedding!!!]

After seeing the invitation, I felt like I was in need to run away so I took a walk around the neighborhood. After I felt a bit relieved I came back only to see Taecyeon’s car parked in front of my house. He burst out of his car and rang our doorbell. When my unni opened the door she told him that I wasn’t home. I hid behind a dumpster and was expecting him to get back in his car then leave but he didn’t.

‘Taecyeon… why are you so stupid? Why do I have to end my love for you each time I want it to last forever?’ I thought as tears streamed down my face and I walked away after that.

Today it was like his voice was calling my name. I was able to hear his cries and the need of me but I couldn’t reach out to him. I really wanted to run away and soon I will get it. Today my lawyer called to finish some of the divorce papers. I didn’t even want to step a foot in the light but I had unfinished tasks to finish so I must do them. As I got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror, I remember that morning when I saw Jaejoong behind me. He was laying there on the bed that used to be ours. I broke into tears again and sat down on the chair that was at the back of me. Why do I have to be so weak? Every time I just have to cry when I think about him, it’s just too hard to forget one person.

I’m letting go, am I?

I wiped my tears then informed my unni before leaving the house. I walked down the stairs and didn’t expect him to be there when I opened the gate.

“Jin Ae…” Taecyeon said my name like a whisper and I looked away then started to walk.

“Jin Ae!” He came after me and grabbed my arm.

“I need to talk to you.” He requested.

“But I don‘t have time.” I said without giving him eye contacts.

“LEE JIN AE!” He held both of my arms and made me look at him.

“I CAN‘T MARRY HER! I love you too much to be with another woman. I can‘t do this to you nor can I just run away without seeing you or hearing that you once loved me.” He said and I turned my face to the side.

“I-I really don‘t have time…” I tried getting out of his hold but he held on.

“Look, Jin Ae. Why do we always have to be like this, huh?”

“I‘m an unfortunate person and I don‘t need anyone to bother with me. I want to be alone and don‘t ever want to see you again.” I told him.

“No, I told you that you‘re mine and you never denied it. Why are you telling me this now?”

“Can you just stop asking so much?!” I shout and pushed him away.

“You think that you‘re not hurting anyone, huh? You think that you can just leave Ji Kyung like that? You really think so?!” I angrily stated and he walked closer.

“I can leave her for you. I‘m willing to do this because of you. All the madness that my family have on me…. I can forget them all because I know I can be happy with you.” He reasoned and it gave me tears.

“I don‘t want to talk about this anymore.” I wiped away my tears and turned.

“IS IT ALWAYS SO EASY FOR YOU TO JUST LEAVE ME BEHIND LIKE THIS, HUH?!” He called behind me and I stopped in my tracks and with the new tears I wanted to avoid them but they couldn’t be avoid at all.

“Can‘t you even look at yourself for once?” I turned back to him.

“Look at yourself now, Taecyeon… Do you see anything? The reason why my marriage broke apart because Hana was the person that Jaejoong loved and I was just the other girl who Jaejoong has never loved before. I knew all along that I should be guilty but was it really my fault? She left him a-and with one mistake, Jaejoong and I got married. It‘s the same with you---”

“Don‘t compare me with him!” He raised his voice as he cut me off.

“Why not? You love me but not Ji Kyung. If you were to marry her, you would always come back to me, right? Even if I ran out of your life, you will search for me until the world ends or what if suddenly we met again, will you be able to resist yourself from falling in love with me again? Taecyeon…” Tears were rolling down my face as I said these words to him.

“I don‘t want to be that person who ruins your marriage and even if Hana did it to me, I will never hate her since I took Jaejoong away from her first. We both had no reason to be together and it‘s the same for you and me. My reason to be with Jaejoong was a child who didn‘t survive and it still breaks my heart until this very day. Especially for the fact that I will never ever be able to bear another child of my own. Do you know how much it hurts? Huh? Do… you even know…?” I started to sob.

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

She was always in tears when I found out about her marriage. When we were still young, she barely cried. I felt terrible but my love for her was turning me into a fool. Another thing, it was turning me blind.

“Jin Ae…” I walked up to her and grabbed her hands.

“If I ask you to marry me now, will you say yes?” I gazed in both of her eyes.

She shook her head and loosens her hands.

“I‘ve told your father that I will get out of your life. *sniff* Let this be goodbye…”

“This will never be goodbye unless I die, Jin Ae.” I sounded like I was growling and threatening her with my life.

“Let go of me.” She said with her teeth tighten.

“Let go of me.” She repeated with more fury.

“GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY YOU ALWAYS REFUSE TO LOVE ME THEN!”

“ BECAUSE I CAN‘T TAKE THE LOVE OF A FRIEND THE SECOND TIME!” She yelled with tears in her eyes.

“W-what?”

She turned her head to the side and closed her eyes as her cheeks were wet with the tears she had been shedding for the past minutes of our talk.

“Ji Kyung is also my friend. Maybe we weren’t best friend but we were close enough to say we were friends. What do you want her to expect when the other girl is me?”

She dabbed on her damp face then inhaled the cool air.

“You saw what happened to Hana and me, please don‘t let us go back to the same.” She stated before walking into the distance as I stood frozen there.

**Ji Kyung‘s POV**

*PHONE RINGING*

“Hello?”

“Greetings to you, Uncle [Taecyeon‘s dad].” I responded politely to him.

“Oh yes, Ji Kyung. How are you? I hope you are doing fine.”

“Yes, I am. Um… I was wondering if I can meet you today.”

“Meet? Is there something wrong?”

I paused and took in a silent inhale but didn’t know how to answer him.

----

[A/N: Seriously, I ALWAYS have to apologize with each chapter. Well almost with all of them. Haha. Okay I made a TWO THANK YOU posters since I don't know how to thank you guys other then a poster also with my updates. Well uh... what else?? Maybe that's it for now. See you!]

*** ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO ASK :)

----

THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING & SUPPORTING!
UPDATED: OCT 24. 2010