Chapter III - First Meeting After the Heart-to-Heart Talk

Decision - A Turning Point

PYC is on his way to the filming site in his van and is supposed to be concentrating on reading and memorizing his script; instead he is trying to figure out a way to protect YEH, as he promised her, when YEH approached him during the filming of the drama opening scene in the golf course and explained to him that, whenever there will be cameras around, she will not be able to relax and act naturally toward him. YC cannot deny the validity of her concern acknowledging the existence of his saesaeng fans that may harm her should any breath of a dating rumour between them come out.  YC is very much aware that there should NOT be any dating rumours about them at all during the filming of MY. YEH, as far as he knew, has always ignored these kinds of rumours thinking it is only proper for her male co-lead to make any kind of denials regarding dating rumours. He had handled dating humours with his previous female co-leads by making a straight forward and honest denial. The thing is, YC, ever honest with himself, does not think it will be that simple where YEH is concerned because, even now, he cannot deny outright that he would not develop feelings for YEH in the future, he might just eat his words in the end. 

YC had to acknowledge that he had always admired and respected YEH. Her successful transformation from female Idol singer of Baby VOX to actress was one of his inspirations in making the same transformation in his own career in the entertainment field, the only difference is that he decided to continue being a singer with JYJ and not leave his singing career behind when he embarked on his acting career. YC was also pleasantly surprised to hear that YEH purposely visited the set of their young counterpart to show her support for them but especially for Kim So Hyun who was filming the ‘’ scene. This just showed the kind of lady YEH was especially since YEH has not worked with KSH before and does not really know her personally. YEH is considered a top A-list actress and could make demands when she chooses a project and yet one gets to hear of her humility and consideration for co-stars and production team alike from industry insiders. It seems that the YEH of the present has retained her charismatic personality and character from 8 years ago. Snapping out of his reverie YC started to concentrate on his script and decided that he will just play it by ear and get his cue from YEH.

YEH was also on her way to the filming site as well when her manager points out PYC’s own van several vehicles in front of them.  Today they will be filming some scenes together and she was feeling particularly anxious, not because of the scene/s to be filmed, but because this is the first time YC and she will meet after their heart-to-heart talk. She was wondering how YC would go about protecting her.  In her previous dramas, all her male main co-leads and most of the second leads were older than her so she could really act as if they were her ‘oppas’ and can be her cute and bubbly self. Besides, all her other dramas were rom-coms. This is the first time she is doing a melodrama and the fact that both her co-leads were younger than her had YEH at a loss on how the filming dynamics will work out and was adding to her anxiety.

YEH trusted the production and production team implicitly since this particular team had worked with her previously in “Take Care of the Agassi/My Fair Lady” and knew how ridiculous the dating rumours between Yoon Sang Hyun and her was at the time of filming and how YEH was really hurt by it all that her own Management team wanted to sue the instigators of the rumour. She was only able to convince them to ignore the rumour when she assured them that she was okay and that both YSH and she had agreed to issue denials.

She has heard a lot of good things about PYC’s work ethics and she remembered a fun and friendly co-worker during the filming of the 2 episodes of X-man that they did together 8 years ago. She really wanted to get to know the present day PYC and have a good working relationship with him but she could not shake her fear of saesaeng fans of Idol singers, and, for her, YC fell into the Idol singer category, being a member of JYJ. In all her previous dramas, YEH always acted naturally with her co-leads, had no fear interacting comfortably with them and most of them have become her friends after the filming of their drama; but with this new drama she is paired with THE PYC, a very popular idol/actor and she could not seem to shake off her intense phobia of saesaeng fans, thus her anxiety and apprehension. Despite her phobia though, YEH could not understand why she placed so much stock in YC’s promise to protect her, but her instincts were telling her that she really can count on him. YEH had to admit that, despite the anxiety, she was excited and looking forward to having more scenes with YC.

Shaking herself from her reverie EH shifts her concentration to her own script. She is well aware of her personality to know that it would not be easy for her to suppress her natural bubbly nature and positive outlook in life from coming out. She decided to put her trust in YC and the production team and just play it by ear.

YC was already in the filming waiting room supposedly absorbed in his script. Actually, he was feeling like a teen-ager on his first date. He could understand that filming with YEH could make any co-lead feel excited, this was the Double, no, even Triple-A-List ACTRESS, uber cute but also extremely y Yoon Eun Hye, he would be working with, no red-blooded male could be calm about this. What he could not understand was the degree of anticipation he was presently experiencing. Even his personal staff noticed the way he kept glancing up whenever somebody entered the room and they were giving him really strange looks as it is. This was really unusual for him. Just when YC steeled himself to concentrate on his script, the door opens and finally YEH and her staff enter the room smiling and bowing their greetings to everyone inside. As YEH was approaching the area he was in, YC felt his breath catch; despite the fact that YEH had no make-up on yet and was dressed casually, she was like a ray of sunlight in a dark tunnel. YC had to force himself to take a breath for fear of a possible asthma attack.

As YEH entered the waiting room, she seemed unable to control her eyes from automatically seeking out YC. As soon as she saw YC in a corner of the room near her area, she was stunned at the feeling of security she felt. Her anxiety seemed to melt away.

At the same time PYC and YEH thought to themselves: “What in the world is happening to Me!?!”