CHAPTER XXV – Lonely Despite the Crowd

Decision - A Turning Point

 

As soon as the plane landed, YC checked his mobile phone signal to find that it was too weak to make a call. He decided to send a short SMS to EH saying: “EH, Honey, greetings from the plane that just landed safely in Beijing. Mobile signal is too weak for me to make a call so am sending you this SMS instead so you will not worry. Missing you a lot already, I will try to give you a call from the hotel. Please send back a SMS when you receive this. Oh, before I forget, muah, just sent you a kiss.”

YC’s manager saw the mischievous smile on YC’s lips and shook his head in wonder, thinking to himself: “Uri YC sure is giving out a happy vibe these days, no matter how exhausted he is, and the biggest change is that he has his mobile phone always with him and checks it every time it vibrates, unlike before when he just ignores his mobile phone or hands it to him and checks it only when he has nothing else to do. Wah, is this EH’s effect on him? I think I like it.”  He signals YC to stick closely to him as he preceded YC out of the plane with YC’s bodyguard tailing behind them.

EH was restless in her home on this non-filming day of rest. YC should have landed in Beijing already but she has not yet received a call or SMS from him. She was getting pretty worried. YC was very thoughtful and would surely have sent word as soon as possible. The mobile phone she was clutching tightly in her hand suddenly vibrated and gave out the message alert, EH quickly checked and found a SMS from YC. After reading YC’s message, she released a sigh of relief and smiled as she sent back a SMS to YC: “Chunnie, I am so relieved to get your SMS, I was getting worried. Don’t stress yourself if you can’t call, take a rest before your commitment tomorrow. Knowing that you are safe is enough. I Miss you too. Honestly, knowing that I won’t be seeing you in the next 2 days at the filming makes me feel strangely lonely. Take care, my love. [3 heart’s icon]”

EH had a sad smile on her face, she was really missing YC a lot but she had to be strong. After filming, she was determined to make sure that YC and she took a step back and let go of HJW and LSY completely before getting together again as YC and EH. Hopefully, YC will keep his promise and grab on to her hand after 2 weeks. EH thought to herself: “If 2 days already feels this terrible, what will 2 weeks feel like?” The thought of YC not coming back to her after the 2 weeks he promised is making her feel sick, but she would rather know the truth and reality of what they felt after taking time away from each other rather that rashly entering into a relationship and regretting it later because the feelings were not real.

MSM, seeing EH moving listlessly around her home, empathized with her. She could feel EH’s sadness and sensed the disturbing thoughts running through EH’s mind. For a beautiful, kind, generous, famous and well liked celebrity, she knew that EH had a lot of worries and that she had a lot of fears about being in a relationship. MSM was pretty sure though, that YC was a prime candidate for being the one person who can ease EH’s worries and calm her fears and she can feel YC’s sincerity. She knew for a fact that not a single member of EH’s or YC’s staff members were against the possible blossoming of a serious relationship between these two. In fact, unbeknownst to YC and EH, they were determined to encourage the relationship and help them, in any way they can, to make it work. MSM sends EH a telepathic message: “Hang-on, my friend, you’ll find your heart’s desire and true happiness soon. Trust in YC-shi.”

YC was in his hotel room after a long night. He received EH’s SMS about not calling and just taking a rest several hours ago but YC wanted to see EH’s face and hear her voice. He knew that he would not be able to sleep until he saw and talked to her and that EH’s phone had video call capabilities so he planned to make a video call to her. YC was highly anticipating his first sight of EH after his long day away from her and his EH did not disappoint him, EH’s beautifully smooth and milky white unmade-up face with a surprised but happy smile on her lips was a feast to his eyes.

EH’s slightly scolding tone did nothing to dampen his joy, he heard her saying: “Park Yoo Chun, I told you to rest and not call me! Your SMS updating me on your safe arrival was enough. You look tired. Why are you not listening to me? Now I am worried because you are not resting properly.”

YC quickly butted in before EH could continue her rant saying: “Wah, my Jagi-ah is sounding more like a wife than a girlfriend. I like it.” YC hid a smile at the sheepish look on EH’s face and continued: “I just wanted to see your gorgeous face and hear your sweet voice before I sleep tonight. I miss you so much. Don’t you miss me at all?” YC quickly changed his happy look to one of a pouty little boy.

EH shyly answered: “Of course I miss you a lot. Please do not misunderstand, ae-in, I just don’t want you to be tired. I want you to relax a bit because when you get back you will be working hard again for our drama and we are doing live-shoots now that it is the last week of filming. Please take care of yourself.”

YC, touched by EH’s concern, answers: “Arasso, I get it. I will take care of myself so you will not worry. I’ve seen you and spoken to you so I’ll let you sleep. I love you jagi-ah. Good night.”

EH: “Goodnight my Chunnie, sweet dreams. I will send you a SMS when I am home after filming tomorrow. I promise. Here’s your goodnight kiss.” EH kisses her telephone screen just as naughty YC quickly does the same to catch EH’s kiss on his lips. Exchanging goofy smiles YC and EH cut off their connections, lay down comfortably on their beds and fell into a deep sleep a few seconds after their heads touched their respective pillows.

Both woke up refreshed and ready to face the day ahead. YC sent a quick SMS to EH saying: “Your Chunnie reporting that I had a good night’s sleep and woke energized to face my day. Will work hard today and promise to go home safe and healthy for my beautiful and loving ae-in tomorrow. You better be safe and healthy as well when I get home, okay. Take care while filming today. See you soon.” 

EH was eating a light breakfast of toasted bread, eggs and juice before heading out for filming when she received YC’s SMS and sent off an answer: “Wah, my boyfriend is such a considerate and caring person. I’m leaving for the filming right after eating breakfast. I, too, will work hard but stay safe and healthy so my Chunnie need not worry about me. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, muah…just one kiss for now, you can claim the rest when you get back.”

That day, despite their respective work and amidst the crowd of people they were working with, YEH and PYC realized that they could always show a happy exterior but inside they were so, so lonely because the person who completes and complements them was nowhere near the other. For the first time since they started filming ‘Missing You’, they were in different countries and working on different things. They both realized that soon this would be their reality. They would end filming together and start doing their individual activities in and outside Korea. They will need to find a way to adjust to this upcoming reality; to live with it because this is part and parcel of the career they chose.

YC and EH had a LOT to discuss and iron out to make their relationship work and a LOT of adjustments to make if they want their relationship to last. YC and EH were fully aware that soon, they would need to make some serious decisions that will change their lives.