Chapter XLIII – Being a Real Couple

Decision - A Turning Point

 

Before the end of the year, both YEH’s and PYC’s issues were resolved. YC was very busy filming for his film and training for his drama in preparation for filming and it was EH who had more ‘free’ time attending events once in a while, doing photo shoots, painting for a planned exhibit, choosing the photographs also for the said planned exhibit and mostly designing for 84 over e as well as making the bracelets of the shop herself; EH took on the job of making sure that YC had a healthy but substantial meal whenever he had free time to spend with her and, as much as possible, their scheduled free time was synchronized.

 

Jadu’s wedding came and went and EH’s ‘catching’ the wedding bouquet brought lot’s of happy speculation from netizens, and, although The House Company issued a statement that Miss YEH is single (well, it is still basically the truth, after all, as Civil Status’s go, she is neither married nor widowed nor divorced), there was no direct statement from EH on the matter. This was in line with YC’s and EH’s plans. As long as neither made a direct denial about their relationship, they were both okay with it.

 

They celebrated a private and quite Christmas and New Year’s Day together with their families and, as they agreed, instead of giving each other gifts, they pooled the amount they were planning to use to buy their gifts to each other and donated the amount anonymously to the agencies responsible for giving aid/assistance to the earthquake and typhoon victims in the Philippines, where they both knew they had quite a big following both individually and as a couple.

 

They were making happy memories together to tide them over during the times they need to be apart for work especially because EH was scheduled to leave for Europe to attend the wedding of a good friend living there and have a delayed vacation-after-a-drama for rest and recreation. She would be home by their first year anniversary as a couple, though, and they were planning a special celebration for that momentous day in their lives with their respective families joining them. His beloved ae-in strongly believed that happy occasions should be shared with their loved ones while they were still not married. They had all the time in the world to celebrate as a couple once they marry and make more days to celebrate as they go along.

 

YEH left Seoul for Europe with zero fanfare surprising many fans and netizens when a surprisingly slim MSM posted some pictures on FB. YC smiled when he read some of the surprised comments in some links but he was awed by his ae-in’s ability to leave the country unnoticed; he and his JYJ members could never manage that; in fact most Idol groups could not manage to leave Korea without Fan Fare.

 

Although they missed each other so much, their daily early morning SMS’s and nightly video calls, based on Korean time since YC was working, lessened the loneliness they felt without the other near them. Their phone bills were astronomical but it was worth the expense to be able to be in touch and continue sharing their ‘day’ with each other.

 

Just as YEH left Seoul undetected, she returned from her European trip undetected as well. YC visited as soon as he was released from his filming and, although he was tired, seeing his ae-in energized him. They talked and cuddled all night long and YC ended up sleeping in EH’s room with EH laying in the circle of his arms with her head comfortably resting on YC’s chest, just below his chin.

 

Early morning of the 2nd of February of 2014 saw the Yoon and Park families awake and getting ready for the lunch celebration of the 1 year anniversary of YC and EH’s relationship. YC and EH decided to have it in a private room in a Chinese restaurant of a good friend whose staff they could trust to keep the celebration a secret. They agreed to arrive at around 10:30 am to avoid the lunchtime rush and so that they have a comfortable chat before eating the Chinese Lauriat that the couple pre-ordered. There were ooohs and aaahs of delight and awe when the meal was served one dish at a time starting at precisely 12 noon.

 

The appetizers were a sight to behold and truly mouth watering, Crispy Unagi Roll, with Plum Sauce, Five Spice Lo Su Soya Duck , Spicy Sichuan Beef, Pork Knuckle with Garlic Vinegar and Asparagus in Abalone Sauce. The Deep Fried Stuffed Crab with Mushroom Sauce was delicately crisp outside with a creamy stuffing of crab meat, garlic and white onions.

 

To warm their tummies and excite further their appetites, Abalone with Chicken Dumpling Soup was served. The Yin-Yang Prawns Combination with deep fried Prawn balls with mango salad dressing and stewed baby shrimps in XO sauce, were artistically laid out to resemble the Yin-Yang symbol. Steamed Garoupa “Kiri” Style was presented with the fish spread like a butterfly. Braised Bamboo Fungus and Assorted Mushrooms were wrapped in tofu or bean curd skin and, as in any lauriat, Fried Rice with Beef in Shrimp Paste was served last. The lauriat dinner was exquisite; leaving everyone satisfied and with their senses filled up. It was, indeed, a feast to celebrate love.

 

The meal ended 2 hours later with the families satisfied with not only the food but especially by the pleasant company and the cementing of family ties. As soon as Daddy Yoon, Mommy Yoon and BanSuk left the restaurant, after YEH kissed Mama Park on the cheek and gave her a bow, YC escorted Mama Park to YH’s heavily tinted vehicle and informed them that he will be coming home late that evening. Nodding her head and giving a final smile and wave to EH, Mama Park entered the car driven by YH. YC and EH then walked to EH’s van, holding hands, and were driven by EH’s driver to EH’s home. They spent the rest of the day together reminiscing on the year that past, updating each other on their individual professional schedules and firming up plans for their mutual future.

 

YC’s schedule became hectic right after their 1st year anniversary celebration, with the start of his filming the SBS drama ‘Three Days’, finishing up filming the scenes for his movie ‘Sea Fog’ and fulfilling his JYJ obligations. YEH on the other hand was also as busy with her designs for 84 over e shop, CF video and photo shoots as well as some magazine cover shoots. She was also deep into the preparation for the exhibit of her paintings and photographs on the end of March. Despite both their busy schedules, they never missed their daily morning SMS and late night Video Call, no matter how short, to stay updated on each other’s news and keep their communication lines always open. Whenever they had free time they stole a few moments here and there whenever possible. Such was the life of a celebrity and keeping a relationship strong took a lot of sincerity, caring, love and patience.

 

Early on Valentine’s Day morning saw MSM at YC’s door delivering several boxes of home-made chocolate exclusively for YC from his ae-in, EH. YC had work that day and EH wanted YC to have her chocolates with him. EH also had a couple dozen home-made Chocolate Chip Cookies for YH. And another several dozen cookies for YC to share at the filming site. Not forgetting Mama Park, EH prepared a bouquet of early spring flowers for her. The Park household were extremely happy and appreciative of EH’s efforts and YC immediately called EH saying: “Ae-in, this is too much!!! But thank you for the gifts. Eomma loves the flowers; YH is greedily eating his cookies, not even wanting to share, I love the chocolates and I appreciate you sending more cookies for me to share. I love you so much. I am more energized to work.”

EH: “It was no hardship, jagiya, you know I love to give gifts to people I care about on special occasions and I prefer to make my own gifts than buy them. It is truly a labor of love for me. I love you and your family. Work hard, jagiya! I am here supporting you 100%!”

With a smile, YC disconnected the phone connection and the smile never left his face the whole day long.

 

YC was definitely not upset when his ae-in chose GY as her ideal type over him, during a ‘World-Cup” type interview, because he knew this was true. And although GY may be her ideal man, it did not change the fact that he IS EH’s actual man. This did not stop him, though, from using this for his advantage by acting all hurt and heart-broken by the interview so EH will console him with her loving hugs and kisses.

 

White Day had YC visiting EH at early dawn, but he only had an hour to spare in his busy schedule and he had a very important plan to execute. As soon as he arrived he handed EH a bouquet of 100 red roses and 3 boxes of the most expensive Swiss chocolate money can buy followed by a long and tender kiss in his very tight embrace. When they were settled on the sofa in the living room, YC reached inside his right pant pocket and immediately knelt down in front of EH, making her gape at him in surprise. He had a small black ring box in his right hand. Looking deeply into her eyes, YC begun: “Ae-in, you may not be my first love but I can assure you that you will always be my forever love; I know this was not what we had planned and I am not planning on us revealing our relationship to the public until we are both sure that we and all our loved ones are fully protected; but for our family’s peace of mind and as a confirmation of our love, I am sincerely asking you to be my love, to be my most adored life partner and the wise mother of all my future children. I love you with all my heart and more than I love myself. Miss YEH will you do me the honor of being my wife?”

 

Opening the ring box, YEH could only gasp at the sight of the most beautiful rings she could imagine as an engagement ring. The ring that YC presented YEH in the black velvet box was a 10-carat square cut diamond surrounded by twelve smaller pink diamonds set in platinum. EH had tears of joy rolling down her soft cheeks as she bent over and hugged YC so tightly and reply: “Oh, yes, my jagiya, yes!!! I will be honored to be your love, your life partner and the proud mother of all our future children. I love you more that life itself! Thank you for loving me jagiya!”

 

YC reached out for EH’s left hand and gently and lovingly slid the beautiful engagement ring on EH’s ring finger. As soon as it settled snugly on her finger, YC took his handkerchief out to wipe EH’s tears and give her a deep but loving kiss on the lips. But he still had another surprise in store for EH. Reaching into his left pant pocket, he took out another velvet ring box shocking YEH this time. He opened the box and in it was a simple 2-carat diamond encrusted platinum his and hers ring set for their wedding rings. YC said: “These will be our wedding rings; this is to let you know that I am fully committed to our relationship, that I will stand by you in everything that comes our way in the future and that we will face whatever crisis and problems that may come our way and fight all our battles together just as we will be sharing all our joys.” EH could not utter a word, she was now profusely crying tears of joy. YC sat down beside YEH and lovingly pulled YEH into his lap as he hugged her and patted her back like a child needing to be consoled, teasingly saying: “Aigoo, why is my ae-in crying? Did you not like the rings?” Feeling YEH shaking her head, he continued: “Okay then, if you really loved the rings then please stop crying if you don’t I’m taking them back.”

EH automatically fisted her hands so that YC could not remove her engagement ring and tightly clutched the box containing the wedding rings, fiercely answering: “Don’t you dare!!! You gave it to me and you are not allowed to take it back or to take back anything you said!”

YC answered with a smile: “Arasso, I understand, please stop crying, even if I know they are tears of joy; I have had enough of seeing you cry while we were filming ‘Missing You’. It truly breaks my heart seeing you cry. It does not matter if the tears are for a drama or in real life.” EH slowly stopped crying and shyly said: “Jagiya, I’m sorry, you just overwhelmed me so I could not contain my tears. Now that I know that my tears break your heart, I will avoid crying in front of you but you will have to endure it if it is needed for a project I am doing. I promise to make it up to you should you ever feel heart-broken again because of my tears.”

 

Although it was still early morning EH called her parents to give them the joyful news. YC also called his Mom to tell her that YEH was now officially her future daughter-in-law. Unfortunately, YC had to leave so he could rest and resume filming, so, after relaying the news to their respective parents, YC made his departure promising to call YEH as soon as he had a break within the day.

 

YEH was alternately staring at the engagement ring on her left hand and the wedding rings she held on her right hand, sighing with happiness. Although she regrets that she could not yet openly wear her engagement ring, the fact that YC gave her one filled her with deep-seated joy and wonder. The wedding ring set was just icing on an already overflowing cake. YEH could not stop the silly smile on her face as she ecstatically thought: “I am engaged to be married! My jagiya, YC, is now the man I will be sharing my life with. Thank you, Lord, for gifting me with such a good man as a lifetime partner.” EH then ran to her room and prepared to rest.

 

YC was smiling broadly as he entered his home surprised to find his Mom and YH waiting for him. He was deeply moved when Mama Park hugged him tightly and said: “YC-nie, congratulations! You did well. I could not have chosen a better wife for you and I could not wish for a more loving and sweeter daughter-in-law.” YH approached him after his Mom released him, shaking his hand before hugging him and said: “Hyung, you are one very lucky man to be the object of EH noona’s affection; but then EH noona is also blessed to have your undying love for I know that she will always be no.1 in your life, no matter what. You are really made for each other.” YC sheepishly answered: “Thank you both so much for accepting my ae-in, EH, I love you both so much.” YC engulfed YH and Mama Park in his embrace.

 

The sun came out that morning ushering a promise of a bright, joyful and positive future of the newly engaged couple.