CHAPTER XXXIX – Building and Strengthening THE Relationship and Planning a Future Together

Decision - A Turning Point

 

After the formal meeting with YEH’s family, YC and EH started building and strengthening their relationship. Being used to not being answerable to anyone, they both had to make a conscious adjustment to their mind-set and keep a constant open line of communication through SMS and/or video calls at least twice a day (first thing in the morning and before going to bed) and any time in between that they are not busy.

 

With Valentine’s Day coming in a few days YEH was busy making chocolate that she gave to YC on the eve of February 14th, when YC came over for an early celebration. YC asked his manager to make arrangements for a complete steak meal set for 2 to be delivered to EH’s home complete with a bouquet of flowers, a floral arrangement for the dining table, candles, balloons, red rose petals, ice cream, champagne and strawberries for Valentine’s Day dinner. When White Day came around YC send a beautiful floral arrangement and bouquet and gifted YEH with a beautiful Cartier jewellery set when he came over that night.

 

Both had overseas work scheduled, EH with CF/magazine photo shoots and endorsement appearances; YC with CF photo shoots and an upcoming concert as well as local obligations but they were determined to spend as much of their free time together. They were aware that once they started work on their individual projects, be it a drama or a movie, they will not be able to spend as much time together as they wanted to.

 

In one of these occasions, when YEH was in Hawaii for a photo shoot for Cartier in High Cut Magazine, YEH sent YC a MMS message attaching a photo of her with the 2 hot American models with the caption: “Even with 2 y hunks beside me, I’m missing my jagi-ay more. You are a million times hotter than these 2. See you soon. I love You!!!” YC’s initial frown, when he saw the photo turned into a blinding smiles after reading YEH’s message and with the smile in place he sent her a selfie, his sad, pouty, puppy-eyed look saying; “I’m lost without you, ae-in. Come home quickly. Miss you so much!” 

 

Staying indoors or the occasional date in a car by the Han River wearing hoodies and caps to disguise their identities became their reality but they were happy and content as long as they were together.

 

There were noticeable changes in their lives. YC started gaining some much needed weight and looked healthier. He may have lost his boyish cuteness but in its place was a mature and manly hotness oozing with iness. He also started taking up Golf as a sport (a sport that Daddy Yoon indulged in). He also seemed to be more dapper and chic in the way he dressed for the events he attended. He even avoided being with y female dancers in JYJ’s performances where he used to allow female dancers to be all over him. YC also seemed to be developing a liking for pink and purple colours in his wardrobe, which were YEH’s favourite colours.

 

YEH, on the other hand, looked lovelier, well-rested and healthier. She looked happy, contented and well taken cared for. Although she still looked y, she was more conservative in her manner of dress, well, except in her photo shoots where hot iness and some exposed skin was required. She was also wearing a lot of blue outfits, YC’s favourite colour.

 

When JJ made his video call to YC in one of his (JJ’s) fan meet. YC was in EH’s home so he made sure that only his face was shown. It was the reason why JJ kept asking if he was at home since JJ noticed that YC was only showing his face. This is also the reason for JJ’s teasing YC with the Ddeokbokki thing (which had special meaning for the couple with their Ddeokbokki Kisses in Episodes 16 and 19 of ‘Missing You’). YEH was holding her laughter seeing YC’s predicament during that video call and YC got his ‘revenge’ by tickling EH until she cried ‘uncle!’ and the tickling turned into cuddling and tender hugs and kisses.

 

When YC was busy rehearsing for the JYJ Tokyo Dome Concert in Japan, EH sent food over for YC, JJ and JS and the rest of the staff and dancers with them. Although EH was in Japan during the JYJ concert and would have preferred to be in the Tokyo Dome with YC and Mama Park, she only stayed in the hotel to give YC and JYJ moral support before and after the concert. She contented herself with preparing YC’s costumes/wardrobe and watching videos of their performances. She was also glowing with the knowledge that she was the inspiration of YC’s new song “Walking in the Spring with Her” and that he sang it in the concert as a confirmation of his love for her.  

 

In one of their nights together, they were cuddling in YEH’s living room, after a light dinner, with a platter of fresh fruit to nibble on on top of the table in front of the sofa they were seated in; talking about their day and their confirmed schedule for the next few days and ended up talking about the love calls for dramas and movies that were sent their way. Without sharing the details, YC shared that he may be choosing his first movie instead of a drama for his next project but that he was also very interested in an action-drama that would be telecast in the first quarter of 2014. YEH, on the other hand, shared that she had a couple of dramas she was interested in but had not yet made a final decision. She also shared that she wants to go back to school and continue her post-graduate course but was not yet sure when, but, definitely within the next year.

 

YC was knocked out of his reverie to the present day, August 29, 2013, by a blast of a car horn on the street outside and realized that he had been gathering wool and travelling down memory lane for the past hour and a half instead of making an effort in composing a new song.

 

YEH was also gently taken back to the present by a soft shake on her shoulder by MSM reminding her that she was scheduled to meet with Jadu.

 

Both YC and EH realized that they had to concentrate on their individual work if they were to finish their work day so that they can meet at YEH’s parent’s home. This was another memorable Thursday for the couple since YC and his family was scheduled to come over for dinner and a formal introduction of the Park and Yoon families.

 

As soon as EH finished her meeting with Jadu, she went to her parent’s home to help her Mom prepare dinner and snacks to be served that evening. YC and EH had already agreed that they would be sharing their long term plan for the future they were planning to have with their parents that evening. They had made a commitment to each other and wanted their parents to know about it especially since they would be starting their individual projects very soon; a drama for EH entitled ‘미래의 선택’ (Marry Him If You Dare / Mi-Rae's Choice / The Future Choice), a Fantasy time-travel romance with Lee Dong Gun, Jung Yong Hwa, Han Chae Ah and with Choi Myung Gil playing the role of the 57 year old version of EH’s character, Na Mi Rae; and a movie debut for YC entitiled ‘해무’ (Sea Fog/Sea Mist) to be megged by the critically-acclaimed director Sim Sung Bo. It is an adaptation of a popular play and he will be acting alongside great Korean actor Kim Yoon Seok, Actor Lee Hee Joon and with actress Han Ye Ri as his love interest.

 

The Park family arrived together at around 6:00 in the evening. YC and EH wanted to have the introduction and the ‘talk with the family’ regarding their plans for the immediate future as well as their long term plans before they partook of the delicious meal that Mommy Yoon and EH personally prepared because they wanted the families to share and enjoy a comfortable, friendly and warm meal.

In the living room, after the formal introduction and the exchange of greetings, YC and EH were seated side-by-side in the love seat holding hands with Daddy and Mommy Yoon and BS seated in comfortable arm chairs on EH’s left and Mama Park and YH also seated on equally comfortable arm chairs to YC’s right, forming a circle so that they were all facing each other with YC and EH as their focal point.

YC cleared his throat and said: “In the nearly 7 months that EH and I have been a couple spending as much of our free time together as we possibly could, we have made certain plans regarding the future we want together that we now want to share jointly with you.”

EH continued: “We will be starting work on our individual projects in the coming months, we will try very hard to avoid any kind of scandal with our co-stars so we ask you to please only trust us, if a scandal should inadvertently arise. Please be assured that YC and I trust each other implicitly and will only believe the other over what anyone else may say.”

YC: “Uri EH will be working on a drama and I will be working on my movie debut, I also received a synopsis of an action drama that I would really like to do scheduled for telecast on the first quarter on next year. My management, C-Jes is fixing my schedule to make sure that I am available to do both. This will mean that I will be extremely busy for the next few months leading to my enlistment, which will most probably be on the 3rd to last quarter of next year, along with my other JYJ members. If EH agrees and if you all think the timing is ideal, I would like to reveal our relationship before my enlistment. As was reported repeatedly in the news, I will be doing office work after Basic Training because of my Asthma, so that means I will be going home after my ‘office’ hours making it possible for me to spend quality time with my ae-in and family; I think making the announcement before my enlistment will protect EH from scandal should I be seen visiting EH during that time.”

EH: “With regards with my drama, I have told the director and the scriptwriter that I am still willing to do kiss scenes and even ‘bed’ scenes as long as it is really necessary for the development of the over-all story. The synopsis of the drama is promising.”

YC inserted with a boyish grin: “Also my good friend and hyung, Oh Jung Se, will be playing the role of EH’s older brother in the drama and can look after EH when they are filming.”

EH pouted cutely and jokingly commented: “What YC actually means is that he is extremely happy to have a trusted friend as my protector but more importantly, he has a ‘spy’ on the filming set.”; making everyone around them join in their laughter. “Anyway, unlike YC, I don’t have other plans after my drama. I’ll most probably go on a vacation then do CFs photo shoots and filming, as well as personal appearances related to the endorsements as well as in VIP premieres. I will be going back for my post-graduate studies though. I’m just not exactly sure when but definitely within the next 2 years .” EH concluded.

YC continued: “I hope you don’t get shocked because my character is supposed to have a really graphic love/bed scene with the character playing my love-interest in my upcoming movie. I have already asked that it be toned-down as much as possible for the sake of my fans. I work in 2 fields, as an Idol singer and an actor and I have to think of the reaction and feelings of both of my fan bases. I think in the business, there are fellow celebrities and production staff and crew who are aware of my real relationship with EH but are respecting our privacy; that is why our individual requests regarding our ‘parameters’ are being considered without much questions or raised brows.”

EH: “These are our immediate plans.”

YC: “Now, for our long term plans, well, uhm…EH and I agreed that we would arrange our wedding within 6 months to 1 year of my release from MS.” YC and EH gave a surreptitious look at their family to gauge how they took this piece of news, seeing no strong negative reaction, YC continued: “We both think that this would be the ideal time for us to marry and go on a honeymoon since my group, JYJ, would probably be ‘recovering’ from MS and start preparing for our individual and group comebacks. It would mean that my schedule would be relatively open and, according to EH since she is her own boss, she can fix her schedule accordingly. After our wedding, EH plans to take a ‘leave’ from the industry for a year or two to play her real life role as a wife and, if we are lucky enough, we might just have a baby for her to love and care for as a mother.”

EH: “Actually, I won’t be idle in that time. I will still be doing my designing and accepting CF’s, just not filming of dramas or even a movie since it will be time consuming. Nothing is written in stone though, where my work is concerned, if a very good script comes along and if YC and I agree that the drama or movie is worth doing, I might just decide to accept the project. I would like to be able to write a good screenplay for a movie as well as direct it in the future. I would also like to try directing a drama instead of acting in one. It could be an alternative career for me as the children are growing up.”

YC jokingly interrupted: “Ae-in ah, how many children do you plan to have? Aigoo, I will have to make sure that I can keep up with your expectations.” This statement made EH blush to the roots of her hair and give YC a look that said ‘I’m going to get you for that’.

EH: “YooChunie, have we covered everything so far? Is there more?”

YC: “Abeonim, Eomeonim, Cheonam I love EH with all my heart and, in front of my Eomoni and Nam Dongsaeng, I promise to take care of her and protect her at all times. She will be the most important person in my life, second only to God, and slightly above our future children. I would rather hurt myself than cause her any kind of hurt, pain or put her in harm’s way.” Seeing EH quietly crying emotionally beside him, he placed his arm around her shoulders and drew her near so that she could rest her head on his shoulder. Looking up, he also saw the mothers drying tears from their own eyes giving him equally loving motherly smiles.

Daddy Yoon: “I thank both of you for sharing your plans for the future with us, it just shows how much you both respect us. I think I can speak for my wife and BS when I say that we are honoured to have you, your Eomoni and YH as members of our family.”

Mama Park: “YC, I am so proud of you. You have grown into a very honest, responsible, loving and forward thinking young man. EH, my dear, I have seen how much you have taken care of my son in the last months and I can see that you love him as much as he loves you, if not a bit more. I know that you will be a good wife to my son and a good mother to the children you will have together in the future. I also know that you will be a loving, caring, ideal and filial daughter-in-law to me and sister-in-law to YH. Welcome to the family. I will pray that the Lord will smile upon the plans you have made and bless it so that your plans will be fulfilled.”

 

Sharing hugs and handshakes, the Park and Yoon families left the living room to go to the dining room to have a joyful and sumptuous dinner.

 

At the end of the dinner, YH drove home with Mama Park while YC drove YEH home to spend some quality time with her. With both of them starting projects soon, they had to grab all the time they could spend together because once work on YEH’s drama and YC’s movie begin things will get definitely hectic and all they will have are stolen moments here and there.

 

YC was at EH’s home for a couple more hours for a nightcap and more time planning and imagining their life together.