CHAPTER XI – Can’t Hide the Feelings Anymore

Decision - A Turning Point

 

The PD-nim decided that it was cosy at the BBQ place and liked the idea that all the production crew members he needed for the filming of the playground scene of Episode 13 where all in one place, which meant being able to go to the filming site together and setting up for the shoot quickly. He was also happy to see that, although he already informed the cast, who would not be needed at the playground filming and the second filming crew (the one that filmed with YEH earlier), who were already off the clock and could leave anytime since they will be filming the scenes in HTJ’s house the next morning; that they were free to go home anytime, most stayed behind to unwind and socialize. He could feel the easy camaraderie and sense of family of the entire “Missing You” team and he acknowledged that a big factor in their cohesive unit was PYC and YEH, both big names in the industry but both humble and caring towards all their co-workers and 2 of the nicest stars to work with. Looking out the window, he noticed that the snow fall was lessening and announced that the filming crew would be leaving for the playground in 30 minutes but JW and SY can be there 30 minutes after the crew leaves so they can stay warm and to give the crew time to clear-up the snow on the site and set up the equipment they will need for filming.

EH nodded at the PD-nim to let him know that she heard his announcement then returned to her vigilance over the dozing YC. EH was satisfied that the cold medicine seemed to have taken effect and, at least, YC would have extra time to rest before they needed to wake him up. EH couldn’t stand up to bid the leaving cast and crew members goodbye because, surprisingly, YC still had a hold of her hand, every time she tried to pull free, YC would tighten his hold on her hand. It seemed that, even in sleep, YC did not want to let her go. EH’s heart melted at the thought and gave the dozing YC a tender smile. All who saw this gave them an indulgent smile as they made their way down the stairs to the exit.

When YC and EH arrived at the playground, the PD-nim said that before they filmed the scene in the playground itself. He’d like to film JW and SY’s arrival in SY’s car and then the scene inside the car. PD-nim wanted the accidental head bunt scene out of the way so that JW and SY could recover from the sure pain in their heads after the scene. An hour and, filming of the head banging scene 3 times, YC and EH emerged from the car with some pain in the head but with huge smiles on their faces. EH notices that YC seemed to love holding her hand and YC noticed the EH did not seem to mind, so filming inside the car made holding hands, while filming or waiting for a camera or lighting set up, possible without the large contingent of fans on site seeing it.

During the actual filming in the playground EH tried her best to don her reserved persona, because of the large crowd of fans at the film site, but YC’s antics made it impossible for her to do so. After giving YC the evil eye to make him stop, which he totally ignored; and struggling to regain her composure; EH decided to just give up trying to act reserved and act the way she usually did whenever YC was around.

Filming in the playground started with the scene of JW placing a blanket of SY’s shoulder. The first shoot was an NG by YC because instead of placing the blanket around EH under the swing’s ropes, he placed it over the ropes. It seemed that the PD-nim and YC had a ‘ritual’ whenever he made an NG. The PD-nim would always jokingly remark: “He may be good-looking but,,,” and YC would laugh to cover his embarrassment.

During film breaks, YEH could be seen enjoying a ride on a swing with a staff member laughing like a little kid, while YC would give them an envious look. Even if the staff member on the swing beside EH was female, YC really preferred to be the one enjoying the ride with her, laughing with her and sitting on the swing beside her. When YC observed that EH stopped playing on the swing, he quickly approached her and gave her the hot pack from his pocket, whispering; “You must be feeling cold from the ride.” EH initially did not want to accept the hot pack from him because she knew he had a cold and needed it more that her but she also knew how stubborn YC could get and did not want to embarrass him by not accepting the hot pack, besides, the fans around might interpret it as her rejecting YC’s act of kindness and she did not want them to misunderstand her. So EH accepts the hot pack but whispers back: “Yay! YC you should be taking care of yourself not worrying about me, you have a cold. Shouldn’t you be covering yourself with a blanket over your thin clothing? Chaebal, be more careful.”   

Despite the fact that it was cold and they were actually filming at early dawn the atmosphere in the filming site was warm and happy. The PD-nim, YC and EH where always laughing and playing around. They only stopped laughing when they were filming a scene for the drama. When the PD-nim was not around YC and EH would still be joking around and laughing with each other, even the fans at the site where enjoying the interaction between YC and EH because they just looked so happy. It was as if they were not filming a melodrama.

During another break in the filming YEH was seated on the swing retouching her make-up and YC was trying to hide the fact that he was staring at EH and finding that simple act, so common in the entertainment industry during filming, extremely fascinating.

Although EH was always laughing at YC’s antics of playing around, rolling his eyes and cracking jokes that only she seemed to really appreciate, she was actually keeping an eagle eye on him. Finding a nearby staff member and nodding at them whenever she notices that YC needed a tissue to blow his nose or when she notices that it was time for him to take another dose of cold medicine. Little acts that YC noticed and appreciated; acts that made him fall deeper in love with her. YC knew that he was hooked on EH; he already accepted it as fact. EH was just starting to accept the possibility that she could be falling in love with YC. It was harder for her to acknowledge it because she had always thought that she would never be attracted to a younger man because she thought younger men would be immature. Working with both YC and YSH was proving her wrong…big time.

After around 2 more hours of filming, PD-nim was satisfied with the filming and called the shoot a wrap for the day. YC and EH could have left immediately but they took time to say their goodbyes to the hardworking production staff and crew. When EH reached out her hand to shake hands with YC. YC held onto it a little longer and, under cover of the noise the crew was making packing the equipment, he told EH to go ahead and his van will be right behind her van to make sure that she got home safely.

Both are home laying on their respective beds trying to get some sleep but it seems that even when they are apart their minds are still connecting because they are both singing softly to themselves the refrain of the Gerrard Kenny song entitled “Getting to Know Each Other” which goes this way:

“(Coz) We’re getting to know each other a little too well.

We’re starting to show our feelings and people can tell.

Ev’ry time that your eyes meet mine, I light up like a neon sign.

Yes, we’re getting to know each other a little too well.”

With this refrain running around in their heads they fall into a deep and contented sleep.