CHAPTER XV – Filming Cute Lovey-Dovey Scenes

Decision - A Turning Point

 

YC and EH enjoyed the filming of their ‘lovey-dovey’ cute scenes especially those filmed indoors because this gave them more freedom to be at ease and act naturally toward each other. Besides they now had 100% confidence that the crew and staff would never share whatever they see outside the people involved with the filming of the drama.

EH & YC were both in the MBC building waiting room quietly reading their script. And realized that for Episode 16, they had a lot of scenes together that involved holding hands, hugging and even some kisses thrown in. EH lifted her head to find YC looking her way with a naughty look in his eye and a mischievous smile on his lips. EH returned his smile and felt that she knew YC well enough to guess that he was thinking of one of their recent cute interaction while filming Episode 15.  

It was the scene where JW enters the small room where SY and he had their first adult kiss at Bellus and finds SY sleeping bringing a gentle and caring smile to his lips. YC and the PD-nim were sharing ideas on how the succeeding scene would be executed, while EH was lying down on the bed with her eyes closed pretending to be asleep and enjoying the opportunity to actually rest while filming. YC is rehearsing the scene where he is kneeling on the floor beside the bed facing EH and he reaches out to tenderly hold EH’s injured left hand and finding a position so he can also lays his head on the bed. YC kept holding on to EH’s hand while still discussing the scene of the PD-nim; actually, he did not need to even hold EH’s hand during rehearsals but he grabbed the chance because he really enjoyed holding her soft and smooth hand and he was now confident that she would not react violently to his touch. Since they were told to stay inside the small room, during set ups breaks, EH would sit up on the bed and YC would sit on the edge of the bed beside her creating another chance for them to talk quietly and even share jokes making each other smile. The fact that the people around them were giving them indulgent and approving glances was not lost on them but this made them happy.

During one of the rehearsals, the PD-nim brings up the scene that JW and AR will be filming the next morning and as they rehearse the scene, with the PD-nim acting as AR, they easily and smoothly perform the scene bringing teasing remarks from the staff and crew in the room as well as making EH burst out laughing. They continue filming the scene in a happy mood.

AR, actress Lee Se Young, arrives at the filming site to film her scene with JW and Joy/SY. They rehearse the scene of JW turning AR around toward the bed. YC and Se Young rehearsed the scene but they were not able to execute the scene smoothly. The PD-nim comes forward to show Se Young how the scene was supposed to look like. YC and PD-nim executes the scene smoothly again making everybody in the room laugh and tease them again. They rehearse the scene a couple of times and then proceed to film it including the part where Joy/SY comes into view bringing two mugs. The first attempt was an NG because Se Young grunted when her back hit the bed but what brought laugher to the set was YC’s saying that the sound of EH’s heels as she approached them surprised him. Actually YC was making them laugh to cover-up the fact that he nearly swallowed his tongue in shock at looking up from his seated position on the floor to see YEH dressed in a micro-mini-skirt with an inch or two of bare thigh displayed above her mid-thigh-high black stockings and high heels. She looked incredibly y from the waist down but at the same time the denim top over her black inner shirt and the clothes pin clipped on her hair made her look so cute and lovable. “Oh my gosh!! How can my EH look so cute and y in one and the same outfit!!! She really is a master in producing such diverse images!!!” YC thought to himself, thankful that he was already sitting down.

Snapping out of his reminiscing at the PD-nim’s entrance to the MBC waiting room, YC prepared to focus on the discussion of the scenes to be filmed for the day with EH and the PD-nim with a tender and happy smile on his face. YC had a lot to smile about because, just that morning, as soon as he arrived, EH excitedly informed him that she would be attending the MBC Drama Awards night after all but did not know if she would make it on time to walk the red carpet or to catch the start of the awards night since she will be coming from filming, and, in fact, would be returning to filming right after the awards ceremony. It would all really depend on how early the PD-nim would release her from filming. YC & EH were both looking forward to seeing each other outside the filming setting.

Today, they were filming the indoor scenes of Episode 16 inside SY/Joy’s workroom in Bellus; the lovey-dovey scenes starting with the series of Ddeokbokki-Soondae-Cider-plus 1 kiss, then the playful chase scene around the room and then the tender but tight first real hug of JW and SY as adults, before shifting to the more serious talk and hug scene of JW and SY.

YC really enjoyed filming the series of 4-kiss scene, although the kisses were brief, except for the last one where he thought of making it linger a bit, he still got to kiss EH’s soft and kissable lips a lot since the scene had to filmed from around 4 camera angles. He also liked the shy look on EH’s face after each set-up. The shy look did not depress him one bit, in fact, it encouraged him; EH was a serious and uber professional actress and she has had several really hot kissing scenes with her previous screen partners, not to mention a truly well-acted and cinematically perfect bed scene with GY-hyung in CP; he felt that this being the case these scenes should be passé for her, a standard ‘part-of-the-job’ attitude was the reaction he expected. As strange as it may seem the shy look on EH’s face made him feel special and warm inside.

EH was also very startled by her shyness after each set-up of the 4-kiss scene with YC. It wasn’t even their first kiss scene; she could not understand where it was coming from but she could not help feeling that way. This feeling of shyness after a kiss scene was a first for her, she did not even feel shy on her first ever kiss scene in one of the short dramas she acted in when she was still with Baby Vox.

The filming of the teasing and fun chase scene of JW and SY came out so naturally that the PD-nim, staff and crew had indulgent smiles on their faces. It was like seeing two lovebirds who were having fun teasingly laughing at each other while SY was trying to grab the diary from JW. At that particular time, they did not see JW and SY, the characters of the drama, but YC and EH, 2 people staring to truly fall deeply in love with each other and sharing a private moment of joy and fun.

The hug scenes made EH feel truly safe in the warmth of YC’s caring. He always, without fail, rubbed her back sending tingles running up and down her spine; he also buried his head deeply on her shoulder in a tender yet tight embrace. She wondered at the fact that, of all her screen partners, only YC made her feel this way. Not even GY-oppa, who took very good care of her during filming especially during their lovey-dovey scenes as well as a bed scene in CP, made her feel so secure. The fact that YC was younger than her made her reaction to him so unexpected but so strangely welcome.

Unknown to the production staff and crew, it was during these quite moments, under their indulgent and approval gazes; that YC and EH were quietly planning their joint end-of-filming all expenses paid weekend overseas trip for them. The two lovebirds felt like undercover agents planning their surprise under the very noses of their unsuspecting recipients.   

“Filming cute ‘lovey-dovey’ scenes was truly the best!” YC and EH thought as they travelled home in their respective vans at the end of their filming day.