CHAPTER XXIV – Nothing but Good Memories from Now On

Decision - A Turning Point

 

EH was half-asleep when she heard her mobile phone vibrate before ringing. She reached out to check who was calling, seeing YC’s name she quickly answered the phone but was unable to cover the sound of her yawning.

Hearing his beloved EH yawning YC laughed and cutely asked: “EH, jagi, were you already asleep? Were you not waiting for my call? I’m hurt.”

EH quickly answered: “YC, ae-in I was waiting for your call but I am a bit sleepy so I was yawning. Have you just finished filming or are you now home? It is pretty late, are you awfully tired?”

Touched by EH’s concern, YC answered: “I was a bit tired but talking to you has energized me. I’m home and getting ready for bed. I just wanted to let you know that I was safely home.”

Then suddenly, remembering something from earlier, YC said in a nagging/scolding voice: “Oh, by the way, I thought you said that my wish is your command; why did you not send me a SMS message as soon as you got home? I was worried and could not fully concentrate on filming. It is a good thing MSM sent a SMS to my manager regarding tomorrow’s filming schedule and he was able to confirm that you got home safely. Promise me that from now on, if I am unable to either send you home myself or follow your van home, you will send me a SMS message or, better yet, give me a call that you have arrived home safely. I promise to do the same. Okay?”

EH, feeling YC’s care and concern, smiled and cutely answered: “Aigoo, why is my Chunnie such a nag. Okay master, I promise to be more conscientious in lessening your worry by always remembering to send you a SMS as soon as I am safely home. Now, stop frowning, here are some make-up kisses for you; muah, I just kissed your forehead; muah, I just kissed your right eye; muah, I just kissed your left eye; muah, I just kissed your left cheek; muah, I just kissed your right cheek; muah, I just kissed your chin and lastly, muah, I just kissed you lips. Am I forgiven now?”

YC, flaggerblasted, answered: “Yay, Miss YOON EUN HYE, why do that over the phone?!? Do that in person tomorrow!!!”

EH laughed loudly and naughtily answered: “Sorry, you scolded me over the phone so you get kisses over the phone, just imagine it and savor the moment. Bye now. We both need to get a good night’s sleep. See you tomorrow. Sweet dreams…and you better be dreaming only of me. Arasso?” EH then quickly ends the call laughing softly to herself at their silliness.

YC was left staring at his phone feeling a little bit hot, after a few seconds he took a deep calming breath and smiled as he thought to himself: “That little minx! She can be truly naughty when she wants to! Just you wait, my EH, I’ll show you NAUGHTY in tomorrow’s filming.” YC then finished his pre-bedtime routine and got into bed looking forward to his sweet dreams of his EH.

Both YC and EH had an early start of filming. The production wanted to film the opening scene of Episode 19 at a time when traffic was still very light so as not to cause any inconvenience to motorists. They estimated that the filming would take 2 hours at the most for the shoot of the scene of YC and EH inside the moving police car, as well as the police scene before proceeding for the filming of the scenes inside the police station for YC and the police team actors. EH was filming at the police station until the scene where HJW, LSY and HJW's team entered the police station, met the police chief and had a confrontation with him and went up the stairs before leaving to film her other scenes before returning in the afternoon to film her other scenes at the police station.

As soon as EH said her goodbyes, YC sent a quick SMS saying: “Take care during your filming and stay safe. I will be patiently waiting for you to return.” EH quick reply of: “Missing you already, I promise not to make any NG so I can finish my filming quickly and return very soon [3 hearts icons]” brought a spring to YC’s steps and a bright smile on his face.

EH was inspired in her filming that morning and nailed all her scenes with no NGs, leaving the PD-nim, the crew and her co-stars in awe; she was able to complete her filming early and was on her way back to the police station when she thought of buying some food and snacks for YC and the rest of the actors, production staff and crew. After buying the food EH remembered to send a SMS to YC saying: “Done with my filming, returning to police station with food and snacks for everyone.” EH was surprised to get an instant response from YC that brought a blush to her cheeks, saying: “Hurry back. All I need is you.”

Because of YC’s last SMS, EH was unusually shy as she entered the filming area and was actually afraid to look at YC fearing that she would just fly into his arms and give him a tight loving hug along with a long appreciative kiss. YC’s caring SMSes really melted her heart and made her feel so loved. She honestly never felt such intense feelings towards a man before.

Even without looking up she could sense where YC was, she turned slightly and slowly lifted her eyes to meet YC’s understanding gaze, she gave him her brightest smile as she turned to greet the PD-nim, senior actors, staff and crew. As soon as her staff entered with the food and snacks to serve it around, EH picked up some Kikimbap from her staff and discreetly made her way toward YC who was watching her every move so closely, YC’s stare was making her melt slowly every step of the way and was relieved when YC pulled a chair for her to sit in as she was ready to fall in a pool at his feet by the time she made it to his side.

EH had enough time to gather her wits as she watched YC and the other actors finish filming their scenes. The next scene would be the scene of JW and SY entering the interrogation room hand in hand followed by the rest of her scenes. As soon as SOS (LSY’s Mom) arrived, they will be taking the mother-daughter scene then all the other scenes with YC, SOS and OJS.

By this time, the lovey-dovey scenes were easy for YC and EH to film because they were actually no longer ‘acting’ in these scenes. Except for the dialogues in the scene, they were YC and EH being natural rather than actors playing the roles of JW and SY.

YC’s favorite scene in the filming that day was the 4-kiss scene. Although, when the drama is aired it will only show the 4-kiss scene, in took more than 4 kisses to complete filming of this simple scene due to the NG's, several camera angles and a few re-takes they had to do to satisfy the PD-nim. YC was not complaining at all, he was having the time of his life as well as taking his small ‘revenge’ for EH’s imaginary phone kisses the night before. EH noticing the twinkle in YC’s eyes could only give him a discreet pinch on his side and a cute pout that only egged YC on. He found EH’s reaction so cute.

At the end of their filming in the police station, both YC and EH were in so good a mood and in high spirits that they did not notice that they were laughing as they were walking out of the station arm-in-arm in sight of some fans and onlookers. When they became aware of their surroundings, YC just took EH along with him as he went to his JW car to get something and there reluctantly but naturally released EH’s arm that was tucked in his arm and walked to their respective van to move to another filming site.

In his van YC sent EH an SMS saying: “That was close. I totally forgot where we were. I need to be more careful to protect you.”  EH answered: “It is not your fault, we both got carried away with our happiness. I too should take responsibility for my action. I too need to protect you. It is a 2-way street. Don’t worry. See you at the next filming site.” YC gave a sigh of relief after reading EH reply; his EH was a very understanding woman indeed.

They continued filming the next day for the remaining scenes of episode 19 and some continuity scenes for episode 20 until the early hours of the 10th of January. YC was leaving for a Media Day in Beijing, China in the afternoon of that day and would return to Korea on the 12th of January.

As YC was in his van on his way to the airport for his flight to Beijing, he was preparing a video message for EH, before he could finish his message he was surprised to see that EH beat him to it and sent him a video message first. He cancelled his video message and opened EH’s video message. He saw his Jagi’s lovely smiling face as she said: “YC-ah while you are away, please take care of yourself and be safe. Do not skip meals and eat healthy food. Rest as much as you can. Finish your obligations and come home quickly and safely. I already miss you so much. Have a safe trip and I will be eagerly awaiting your return. If possible, let me know when you arrive in Beijing.” EH then sends him a kiss by kissing her phone screen. YC smiles ecstatically but scratches his head and thinks to himself: “How can my ae-in be so bold and cute when on the phone then so shy in person?” YC sends EH a reply by video message saying: “Don’t worry, will finish my work and be back in no time at all. Behave while I am away. Take care of your health. Thank you for your video message, whenever I miss you I’ll just re-watch it so it will lessen my longing to be with you. I’ve re-watched it so many times already. I’ll try to call you as often as I can. I love you.” YC then sends EH a kiss by kissing his phone screen as he looks up to see that they have reached the airport.

As YC is boarding his plane, EH is looking in the direction of the airport, both of them are thinking: “How will I survive 2 days without the person I love most in this world and who makes me so happy?” YC adds: “Wait for me, darling EH.” EH adds: “I’ll always be waiting for you YC, my love.”