CHAPTER XXXIII – Pre Wrap-Up Party

Decision - A Turning Point

 

Despite his lack of sleep, YC wakes up pretty early on the morning of the wrap-up party and is in a very good mood. Joining his Mom in their dining area and giving her a buzz on the cheek.

Mama Park asks: “How did your surprise picnic for EH-shi go last night? Was it a success? It seems like it was since you look really…more than happy really…should I dare to say ecstatic?”

YC's smile proves his Mom correct as he answers: “It was a roaring success Mom and one of the most wonderful time of my life, so far.”

Mama Park asks a little confused: “So far…what do you mean?”

YC mischievously but with a touch of seriousness answers: “I plan…no…I WILL make sure that EH and I have more wonderful times and memories together in the future.”

Mama Park answers with a loving and teasing smile: “Wow that sounds really serious! Does this mean that my beloved eldest son will be soon formally introducing me yp my future daughter-in-law soon? You know that I like EH already right?”

YC: “Hold your horses Mom! If all goes well, EH will be your daughter-in-law, but only after I complete my Military Service. In two weeks I will insist to meet EH’s parents and brother to state my honourable intentions for EH and when I get their blessing I will bring her home and introduce her to you and YH formally as my girlfriend.”

Mama Park, puzzled, asks: “Why 2 weeks from now? Why…”

YC kisses his Mom on her cheeks again and says: “It’s a long story Mom, I’ll tell you about it some other time.”

YH enters the dining room at the tail end of this conversation and asks: “What long story? Did I miss something?”

Mother and older son burst into laughter and Mama Park informs YH: “Your brother might be formally introducing us to someone important and special in his personal life soon.”

YH answers in a bored voice: “Oh, you mean EH noona as his girlfriend? I’ve been expecting it since episode 13 of “Missing You” was broadcasted and more so especially after the 2012 MBC drama awards night. What took you so long hyung?”

Surprised YC asks YH: “What do you mean after the broadcast of Episode 13?”

YH teasingly answers: “Hyung, I know you more than you think I do. That kiss you planted on EH’s luscious lips on that episode was the real thing, that was definitely NOT acting, at least not on your part. I knew that as soon as I watched it. Besides, I’ve never seem you kiss any of you lady co-leads in that way. As for EH noona, you should be aware that many actors want to do a drama with her because she is one of the few Korean actresses who can really kiss on screen right? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when you did that scene.”

Seeing his hyung’s facial expression change from surprised curiosity to ominously frowning, YH quickly continues: “Hyung, don’t get mad! I’m just stating facts here.”

YC reigning his temper asks YH: “Do you happen to be one of those actors who wants to do a drama with my EH because they want to kiss her ‘luscious’ lips?”

Stuttering, YH replies: “Uhm…well…ahhh…to be honest hyung, if she isn’t your girlfriend…well…ahhh…”

Mama Park timely interrupts the conversation and says: “YC-ay shouldn’t you be preparing to go to the salon for the wrap-up party tonight. I heard that you were planning a new look.”

Giving YH one last deadly look, YC turns to his Mom forcing a smile and trying to get his good mood back and answers: “Yes, I’m planning a new look to get rid of the HJW image, although, I don’t think that I can let go of the HJW persona since I, PYC, am very similar to HJW in a lot of ways. Don’t be shocked when you see me later.”

Mama Park: “Nothing about your look can ever shock me anymore. I’ve seen you change your look too many times as it is. Well…maybe if you dye your hair hot pink, blue or violet…then I would be shocked.”

Smiling at his Mom’s words, YC settles down at the dining table to eat breakfast.

YH comes over and silently placed his hand on YC’s shoulder, squeezing it gently in apology. The brothers look at each other and share an understanding and fond smile.

 

EH on the other hand woke-up at around 10am and had brunch with MSM and her other staff members in her home sharing casual conversation interspersed with a discussion on her upcoming schedule for the week as well as her particular schedule for the day. She informed MSM and the rest of her staff that after the wrap-up party, YC was hosting an exclusive 2nd wrap-up party for cast, their staff and filming staff and crew and informed them that she would be attending this 2nd party as well. She also told them that they were not required to attend the 2nd party if they had already made other plans, although MSM will definitely be accompanying her. EH then excuses herself to call her Mom on the phone.

 

EH: “Hi Mom, are you home? Is Dad and Bansuk there with you?”

Mommy Yoon: “Yes they’re home. I’m putting you on speaker so they can hear you too, okay.”

EH: “Were you able to watch the last broadcast last night? I really wanted to watch it with you but I couldn’t because of my strict watchdog.” EH gives MSM a smile.

Mommy Yoon: “We watched it dear…”

Daddy Yoon: “It was a good episode…”

Bansuk: “Why was it just a kiss in the forehead during the wedding scene?”

EH burst out laughing at Bansuks comment and addresses it saying: “Yay…Yoon Bansuk, why are you fixated on that particular scene of all the scenes in the last episode?”

Bansuk, unashamedly answers: “Noona, it IS a WEDDING SCENE, why such a chaste kiss when you already had 2 very hot kisses and a couple of adorably playful kisses in the drama? I’m as disappointed as your fans. I am, after all, your number 1 fan.”

EH answers: “Yay! You knew I was not in the peak of health, right, and YC-shi was also having asthma attacks on and off. Filming a kissing scene takes a lot of time so a kiss in the forehead was the way to go Besides it was a very loving kiss, wasn’t it?”

Daddy Yoon: “Don’t worry my dear it was a well-executed kiss on the forehead and I, at least, felt the emotions around it. YC-shi is a very good actor.”

Mommy Yoon: “Don’t mind Bansuk dear. He just likes your pairing with YC-shi a lot.”

Bansuk: “Well, they do look good together.”

EH smiles broadly at this remark from Bansuk. “Anyway, I just wanted to know how you liked the last episode and also to tell you that I will be visiting you soon. I want to talk to you about something important and I need all of you to be there, okay. I’ll call you to confirm it. I miss you so much! I love you! Bye.”

Daddy Yoon notices Mommy Yoon in deep thought after their conversation with EH and asks her if she has any idea regarding what EH would like to discuss with them. Not wanting to pre-empt EH and not really sure if what she suspects was the topic EH would be raising she pleads ignorance and excuses herself to continue preparing their meal for lunch.

 

EH was one of the first to arrive at the wrap-up party venue, she had removed her hair extensions and seemed to have trimmed her hair a bit. She greeted everyone already there and smiled and waved to her fans who she saw there.

 

It was a well-attended wrap-up party, all the cast members, even the child actors/actresses were there. The production team (staff and crew came in full force). They were all talking about the joint end of filming gift YC and EH prepared for them. It made the news the other day and it seemed that, although a lot of netizens and media were surprised at the expense of the gift, no one was questioning why YC and EH would jointly spend for the gift. They were all happy that up to the last moment they have successfully filmed “Missing You” without a breath of a dating scandal leaking about their OTP.

 

YC arrived sporting a cap but, despite this, it looked as if he too cut his hair. How short, no one can tell, yet.

 

With all the cast, production management, staff and crew in attendance the wrap-up party officially started.