CHAPTER XX – Setting Up the ‘Perfect’ Scene

Decision - A Turning Point

 

‘Missing You’ was resuming filming today for the rest of episodes 18 & 19, and, if time permits, some scenes of episode 20; for the first time since filming started, YC was feeling nervous while riding in his MPV to the filming site. He spent most of the day, and well into the night, the day before raking his brain for scenarios on the where and the when of his confession to EH; the how, well, that was elementary, all he needed to be was sincere and honest in expressing his deep and true feelings for EH.

YC knew that he needed to admit and acknowledge his feelings to EH as soon as the opportunity arises because he would be leaving for a couple of days next week for a media day in Beijing, China and filming would be ending in around 16 days’ time. He knew they had a lot to iron out should they decide to embark on a serious relationship. As far as he was concerned, he wanted a serious relationship with EH and, if all goes well, he planned to marry EH after his military service. Yes, he had marriage in mind but he knew the road to the marriage he is hoping to have with EH will not be an easy one at all.

YC knew that they would be filming in Jinan, a place he is fond of, for 2 nights and 2 days, he was thinking of confessing there knowing that at this time of the year the atmosphere and the scenery would be fantastic for an intimate confession. It was too cold to make his confession outdoors but…in front of a blazing fireplace..hmmm…it just could work! Having come up with an idea, YC was now smiling dreamily looking out his MPV’s window, starting to make plans.

EH was also on her way to the filming site but, unlike YC, she was calm after making the decision to just enjoy whatever YC and she had. If this was just a stolen moment in time then, so be it. What was important is that, at this present time, while filming this particular melodrama, both YC and she were, unexpectedly, having a sincere, warm and sweetly loving relationship. She was totally oblivious of the surprise YC had planned for her. Looking out her MPV’s window she smiled as she saw and appreciated the beauty of Jinan unfolding before her.

YC was already at the lodge compound they will be filming at as well as staying in and was trying to look nonchalant as he was supposedly checking out the lodge’s surroundings. Actually, he sent an SMS message to YEH and received a reply that she was nearly at the lodge compound. He wanted to see EH as soon as she arrived, he really missed not seeing her. If this was the effect of not seeing EH for one day, he really thinks that he would go crazy when they would not be able to see each other almost every day when filming ends. This thought brought a frown on his face but his frown was replaced by a pleased and happy smile when he caught a glimpse of EH’s van entering the lodge compound’s driveway.

Looking out the front window of her MPV as they were entering the lodge compound’s driveway, the only person she seemed to see was YC, seemingly waiting to welcome her. Her heart skipped a beat and her breath caught in as she saw YC in Technicolor amidst the pure white snow-covered surroundings making him seem so alive. EH acknowledged that she never felt this intense an emotion for any of her former male co-leads during filming. With the rest there was also a certain closeness but they were aware that the closeness onscreen was an image they created and projected for the drama, off screen they were just friends, maybe even like older brother and younger sister, but, definitely nothing romantic. She saw YC slowly making his way to where all the other vehicles were parked trying to be subtle by arriving in the area at the same time her van came to a stop and her co-manager MSM preceding her out to be greeted by the staff and crew around them. YC gave her a beautifully mischievous smile as he held out his hand for a hand shake, EH smiling knowingly took YC’s hand, felt him take a firm and tight hold of her hand sweeping his thumb over her knuckles as he shook her hand taking his sweet time before releasing it. EH took a quick peek around her and was relieved to see that nobody was really paying too much attention to them. Actually, the crew and staff were so used to YC’s antics to ‘subtly’ steal moments to hold EH’s hand, that they no longer found it out of the ordinary for him to do so.

YC felt a very strong urge to confess his feelings to EH that very night. Although he could not understand the urgency he felt, he always trusted his gut feeling so he decided to act on it. They had one part of the lodge compound, the two-story wooden lodge, exclusively to themselves and their personal staff. The production crew, production staff and other production personnel were not allowed to wander to their area since they had an area of their own. EH and her staff were assigned the second floor of the lodge and he was supposed to have the ground floor of the lodge. He already knew there was a real working fire place on the ground floor and he was planning to share a refreshing warm cup of cocoa with EH every night they were at Jinan, after filming, to relax before going to their respective beds to take a restful sleep so they could be bright-eyed and recharged for the grueling filming in the cold for the next day. His plan now, more or less, set; YC gathered his staff and informed them of his plan, instructing them also to take care of informing EH’s staff of his plan so that they can find an excuse to make themselves scarce and give them some alone time.

YC was happy to see that not one of his personal staff seemed to be surprised or even upset by his plan. In fact, his manager shook his hand with a big smile on his face as he congratulated him on his good taste and encouraged him to ‘go for it’ will all their blessings. They all liked YEH and could see that they were well matched in looks, character and personality. In his staff’s eyes they really completed and complimented each other. His manager wouldn’t be doing his job though, if he did not remind YC of the rocky road he will have ahead of him if he really chooses to have a serious relationship with EH. YC reassured his manager that he was well aware of the ‘bumps’ that may come along but he was ready to face them as long as EH was beside him. Giving each other an understanding nod, YC’s manager left with a hidden triumphant smile on his face to look for EH’s manager to give him the good news they were, actually, both hoping for.

EH was thankful that filming ended relatively early that first night of their out-of-town filming in Jinan. Still, she was cold and tired and ready to call it a day. MSM, her co-manager, approached her saying that YC invited all of them to share a warm cup of cocoa with him and his staff before they headed to sleep. EH felt herself being swept by her staff towards the ground floor living area and soon she felt herself being seated in the comfortably warm sofa in front of the blazing fireplace. The heat seeping into her weary and cold bones made EH feel instantly relaxed and sleepy but was instantly awake when she suddenly felt YC reaching out to hold her hand tightly while caressing the back of her hand with his thumb. Relaxing comfortably beside each other  on the sofa, they were initially joined by their respective staff to share their respective mug of hot cocoa. Soon, EH was again so comfortable and feeling as limp as a strand of over-cooked noodles that she did not notice YC gently gathering her into his arms and tenderly laying her head on his shoulders as he nodded his head as a sign for their staff to leave. EH even half-sleepily smiled at their departing staff not realizing that she was now being left alone with YC.