CHAPTER XIX – A Contented and Confident Prince

Decision - A Turning Point

 

Like YEH, YC was spending a relaxing day off at home on their day free from filming after the 2012 MBC Drama Awards night and was looking forward to watch the broadcast of Episode 17 with his Mom later in the evening. His Mom and Yoo Hwan were teasing him this morning while they were eating their breakfast about the Ddeokbokki kiss set and his ‘unnecessary for the scene’, according to Yoo Hwan, rubbing of YEH’s back during their hug scene.  He could not wait to hear their live comments when they see the LSY returning home scene where he was also allowing his thumb to gently glide along the back of YEH’s hand while he was holding it, the ‘bed scene’, the really emotional tight embrace and his holding really tightly to EH’s hand in the ending of Chapter 17. He was really in a very happy and contented mood.

He was exhausted and having asthma attacks with a killer filming schedule but he could not feel any better than he did at this moment. He was filming a melodrama but the atmosphere during filming was one of laughter, warmth and camaraderie. For the first time in his career as an actor, he is, without a bit of doubt, sure that he is slowly falling in love with his female co-lead and he was ecstatic about it. He did not even mind the ribbing he has been getting from Jaejoong and Junsu since the MBC awards night. He even enjoyed the teasing from Yoo Hwan and the knowing smiles on his Mom lips, especially after he introduced her to YEH after the MBC awards night. That award night was the most memorable one for him, not because of the award he won, he won more at the SBS drama awards, but because HIS, yes HIS, EH was beside him that night and they got to spend the night as if they were on a date. He knew that people who saw them would just shrug off their interaction and say: “They are filming a drama together, a melodrama at that, so they are just having fun.” So he was positive that no scandal will come out of their interaction. Besides the cameras would be roving around not trained on them, they were just one of the fishes in the ocean in that star-studded night.

Now, the Fan cameras were a different matter, but then he knew YEH’s and his loyal fans would protect them. He has seen the Fan Cam videos uploaded in Youtube and they just made him smile as he saw how obvious he was in his enjoyment of his time with YEH, he even had to acknowledge that he needed to apologize to JJ for basically ignoring him that night. Anyone who saw the videos online can see that he wanted to stick to YEH’s side that night while waiting for the photo session of the winners. YC had a mischievous smile on his lips but he could feel his face heating up at the thought of his actions that night. He wondered what EH’s reaction was on watching the videos, he was sure that she has seen it as well by now.

Their filming during the past week of, mostly, episodes 16 & 17 scenes only cemented his belief that what he felt for YEH was REAL and definitely not reel. He also knew that YEH has feelings for him as well. He has been learning more about YEH’s personality and thought processes from her staff most especially from her cute, helpful and definitely rooting for him co-manager, Moon Sang Min. He knew she would be having doubts every once in a while, but, he was confident that he could make her doubts go away. She would most probably insist that they take some time away from each other with no contact to make sure that their feelings for reach other was real and not drama induced and he would agree with her and give her two weeks tops. After feeling as if they were dating each other almost every day for around 2 months, during filming, he knew that 2 weeks straight of being away from EH without any form of contact would just about kill him. In such a short time, YC knew that he can’t tolerate even one day going by when he could not, at least, send her a loving SMS or MMS message to ask how her day went or send her a SMS or MMS sharing with her how his day went.

Everything was going his way. His friends like what they know of and heard about her; his fellow JYJ members were envious but thrilled for him. His brother seemed to be really happy for him and supporting him in his feelings and most important of all, his beloved Mom seems to have taken a deep liking for YEH as well. He does not see any problem from his end. Any road blocks to the possible development of their relationship will come from YEH’s end.

He was also aware that, despite all the ways he has shown YEH how he felt for her, he would have to own up to his feelings and tell her how much he loves her and assure her that, even if she asks for a ‘time-out’ after the filming of ‘Missing You’, his feelings will not change.  He will make it very clear to EH that he is only agreeing to the ‘time-out’ to give HER a chance to sort out her feelings and he would definitely put his foot down on the time limit of at most 2 weeks and no more.

Their relationship, should they embark on one, will not be a walk in the park. He knew that they will have to keep the fact that they are dating under really heavy and deep wraps for quite a while. Both of them would, first of all, need to formally inform their respective parents and family that they were dating, then they would need to discuss their status with their management companies. Then EH and he would have to plan how they would go about settling their CF issues so that they will not loose any contract when they announce their relationship. YC was determined to make the announcement as soon as he can allay YEH’s fear of his sasaeng fans and all issues are settled. He wants YEH off the dating/marriage market ASAP. Any whiff of a dating scandal before the settlement of all issues and personal fears would affect YEH’s CF contracts the most. He was well aware that YEH’s overseas CF contracts were in the millions of dollars and he would not like to be the cause of her losing them. He was not afraid of YEH’s losing the money, he can well afford to give her the lifestyle she is used to, it was the enjoyment and fulfilment she got from doing these CFs that he did not want to take away from her. In YC’s mind, EH’s quitting being an actress and turning her sights at being a director and mainly being a designer for her accessories and clothes line would be of more benefit to his peace of mind.

“Yay, YC! What are you day dreaming about? What you need to plan for first is when, where and how you are going to confess your true feelings to YEH and it better be soon, because filming will be done in around 2 weeks. You need to move fast if you want to convince EH of your sincerity!” Yoo Chun said to himself as he lightly slapped his cheeks with both his hands.  

Walking over to the window and standing towards the direction of YEH’s house, YC is sending his thoughts towards YEH: “EH-ah, I miss you. A day without seeing you is torture and although I know I can easily call you or send you a SMS or MMS message, I am stopping myself so that I do not overwhelm you and scare you off. Just wait a few days, aein, for me to plan the when, where and how I can sincerely express my love for you. I assure you it will be worth the wait. Rest for now, my love and I hope to see you well rested tomorrow. Please don’t spend the day brooding and thinking up road blocks that do not exist for us, okay.” He then blows a kiss YEH’s way then walks away from the window to sit back on the living room sofa to think up ideas on how to make his confession to YEH. He would definitely need the help of both of their personal staffs. YC smiles confidently as he starts to ‘see’ scenarios popping into his head.