CHAPTER XXIII – Leaving Jinan with Happy Memories

Decision - A Turning Point

 

At around 3am YEH slowly comes awake from a beautiful dream of sleeping comfortably enfolded in the warmth of PYC’s arms. As she snuggles into her ‘pillow’ she opens her eyes and realizes that she is not in her bed and that she did not snuggle into a pillow but on somebody’s shoulders; slowly looking up she sees YC fast asleep with a smile on his lips. Startled, she tries to get up but suddenly stops when she realizes that, at her slight move, YC unconsciously tightened his hold on her waist and pulled her back down on the sofa. Not wanting to wake YC up since he seemed to be so comfortable and knowing that he would soon be waking up anyway to start filming an hour before her, EH went back to her original position and placed her head gently on YC’s shoulder so as not to disturb his sleep. Looking up at YC’s peacefully sleeping face with a happy smile on her own face, she thinks to herself: “I can happily get used to making YC’s shoulder my pillow when I go to sleep every night”; EH slowly falls back to sleep.

YC surfaced from a peaceful and relaxing sleep at 5:30am. He was trying to stretch his arms over his head when he felt a comfortable weight on his shoulders. Coming fully awake he sees EH’s head pillowed by his shoulder and realized that they fell asleep on the huge and comfortable sofa in front of the fireplace at the ground floor of the lodge. YC smiles contentedly as he continues to gaze upon EH’s beautiful sleeping face and thinks to himself: “I can wake up happily every morning with EH’s face being the first thing I see for the rest of my life.” He breaths in EH’s scent and carefully gives her a tight hug before he reluctantly moves to wake her up to let her know that he had to get up to prepare for his early start for the day’s filming. 

Gently touching EH’s cheek YC whispers in her ear: “Jagi-ah wake-up, I don’t want to leave you but I have to prepare for my shoot.” YC suddenly gives a loud laugh as he hears EH whine sleepily: “Give me 5 more minutes please.”  Hearing YC’s laugh, EH is startled awake as YC’s manager and staff members run into the living room curious to see what made their boss laugh so loudly so early in the morning. The sight they beheld made them smile approvingly thinking: “These two people are so precious.” YC’s manager quietly leaves to inform MSM, YEH’s co-manager, of EH’s whereabouts so they will not worry if they do not see her in her bed. YEH smiles shyly at YC and buries her head on YC’s chest in embarrassment as she sees his staff by the entrance of the living room unconscious of the cute picture they made to their onlookers.

With both YC’s and EH’s staff members in the ground floor of the lodge, the atmosphere was one of a happy but chaotic family home hurriedly preparing to leave their home for work. EH’s staff was more relaxed since EH still had 2 hours before she had to go out to join YC for the fishing scene shoot by the lake. YC’s staff was ready to leave and was just waiting for YC to join them with his thermos mug of hot cocoa ready for him to bring along because he did not have time for a proper breakfast. As YC was half walking, half running to exit the lodge, he notices EH standing near the kitchen with a worried frown on her face, realizing EH’s was worried about his missing breakfast, he makes a detour, walks towards EH and surprises her with a quick kiss on her cheek as he whispers: “Ae-in don’t worry I’ll be okay I’ll eat a snack if I get hungry and surely eat a big lunch to make up, okay? I’ll stay healthy.” EH could only nod as she could feel her cheeks heat up in embarrassment as their respective staff just watched them with equally approving smiles on their faces.

After the scene by the lake, OJS and YSH joined them to film their scenes in Jinan; OJS with YC and YSH with both YC and EH. They finished filming all the Jinan scenes of episode 18 by mid afternoon. Travelling in their individual vans, YC and EH gave the lodge one last longing look; both hoped that they can come back soon to spend alone time there after the filming. Jinan would be one of the most memorable places in the hearts of YC and EH because it was in this beautiful place that they honestly and sincerely confirmed their love for one another.

Both YC and EH were in their respective MPV's on their way to the bus terminal for another round of filming, YC wished he and EH could have travelled the 3 hours to get to their filming site together but the risk of dating rumors, if they are seen arriving together, was too big. YC was thinking how ironic this was since in would no longer be dating rumors at this point for they were actually, in essence, dating each other. Life was really full of surprises!!!

EH’s van arrived at the bus terminal first closely followed by YC’s van. Both alighted simultaneously from their respective vans making some fans give them speculative looks. YC and EH were pleasantly surprised to hear the filming staff and crew subtly leak out that it sure was a long drive from their filming site at Jinan to come directly to the bus terminal to continue filming the drama. They even mentioned how hard working they (YC and EH), as well as all the other actors, were especially since they have been in live filming mode for quite a while now.   

While the filming crew were setting up the lights and camera for the first scene to be shot at the bus terminal of YC at the lockers, YC and EH were with the PD-nim discussing the scenes to be taken in the bus terminal including the fact that they will be filming the scene inside the bus before ending filming for the day.  

While YC was filming his scenes, EH was seated in the row of chairs for commuters surrounded by her staff watching YC filming without making any NG’s like the proud girlfriend that she was, a big radiant smile on her face. After an hour and a half of filming YC’s close-up scenes near the lockers and while he was on the phone, EH was called to take her seat in the middle near the pay phone bank on the front row of the commuter seats for some of her long shots; like the scenes where YC was supposed to be glancing at her.

After EH’s long shots, they started filming the scene were YC kneels before her and takes her bloodied hands in his. EH noticed that YC was at it again, as soon as he held her hands, he absolutely refused to let them go, even during the filming breaks, pretending to be practicing the scene with her, she could not deny that she liked how YC seemed to be massaging her hands as he held her hand tightly and caressed it gently. She tried to give YC a warning look using her eyes to indicate that there were fans and actual commuters watching the filming but YC just smiled and ignored her warning looks so EH had no choice but to savor the moment. When the PD-nim gave the ‘okay’ for the shoot and instructed them to proceed to the bus for the bus scene, PYC and YEH were both reluctant to let go of their entwined hands so to prolong the moment, YC helped EH to her feet before slowly letting go of her hands, he couldn’t help himself from leaning forward and whispering naughtily in EH’s ear said: “Jagi-ah, we will continue this later in the bus, it will be just us and the crew there, no prying eyes, so I don’t want to hear any protests from you, arraso.” YC then casually lengthens his stride to lead the way to the bus. EH shakes her head in wonder at the cheek of Mr. Park Yoo Chun as she walks several paces behind him, keeping a reasonable distance from YC and his staff.

The next 2 hours of filming was like another date for YC and EH, except for the crying. YC and EH took advantage of the relative privacy in the bus to act what they really were, a man and a woman who have acknowledged that they were deeply in love with each other and have decided to just be natural about it and to act as they felt in private. After every shoot or NG, YC would only let EH wipe her tears before he would pull her back in his arms for a cuddle as they waited for the next set-up or re-take of the scene. After a while YC did not have to pull EH toward him anymore because she seemed to have finally gotten the message that her place was within his embrace so EH would just naturally lean on his shoulder as soon as she finished drying the tears on her cheeks. The crew and PD-nim just smiled approvingly as they saw YC and EH talk and cuddle or just simply enjoy a quite cuddle with their eyes closed, savoring the warmth of their heartfelt hug and allowed them these stolen couple of hours.

After filming the bus scene, EH was done for the day but YC had a hospital scene with Hwang Mi Ran to film before he ends his day. YC quickly stole a kiss on a surprised EH’s lips before alighting from the bus happily getting into his van to proceed to the hospital. EH got off the bus and boarded her van to head home when she receives a SMS message from YC saying: “Eun Hye, mine, head home safely and take a rest so you will be awake when I give you a call as soon as I get home okay. Saranghae.” EH smiles sweetly on reading YC’s message and teasingly answers him with her own SMS message saying: “Yes master, your wish is my command.” YC laughs out loud in his van when he read EH’s reply.