CHAPTER XXX – The Frantic Last Days of Filming – Part 2

Decision - A Turning Point

 

In consideration of EH’s health, the production decided to set up for the filming of YEH’s scenes with YSH and YC and they were all presently taking a break waiting for EH to arrive back at the filming site.

 

OJS was trying his utmost best to distract YC, who started to walk around the area in front of the waiting room like a chicken without a head the instant their break started. 30 minutes later OJS was getting dizzy with signs of a humongous headache coming his way when YC came to an abrupt halt in his non-stop pacing. Following YC’s gaze OJS saw EH’s van entering the area and he heaved a sigh of relief. YC was already walking quickly to meet the van.

 

As soon as the van stopped YC was there to open the van door. The sight that met him was of his EH, wrapped in thick blankets, seated on the second row of the van with a nurse beside her. MSM and his coordinator, seated in the captain’s chairs of the van in the first row, disembarked first followed by EH, assisted by the nurse. Sensing that YC wanted to be the one to assist EH, OJS moved forward to help EH step down allowing YC the opportunity to do the same. Once YC had EH ‘innocently’ within the shelter of his arms, OJS stepped aside giving them some distance from the rest of the entourage following them to the waiting area.

 

Upon entering the waiting area, YSH stood up, a concerned look on his face, to meet EH and give her a light hug of concern and encouragement. As YC was leading EH to a room, specifically given to her to rest in after she fainted, EH was greeted by all the cast members, crew and staff at the site, all asking her if she was feeling better and able to continue filming. YC, on the other hand, was strangely and unusually silent all this while.

 

EH’s staff, especially MSM, reading YC’s intention, deviated from the path to the room and lead a collective move towards the table with hot drinks and food on it sweeping the nurse along with them, distracting her from noticing that YC and EH entered the room alone.

 

Inside the room, YC instantly swept EH in his arms and carried her to the large and comfortable sofa provided in the room, sat down, placed EH on his lap and embraced her so tightly in his arms, not ever wanting to let her go

YC, tears slowly flowing down his cheeks: “EH, ae-in, don’t ever scare me like that again, you hear me! I felt so helpless. I wanted to bring you to the hospital myself to be with you, to listen to what the doctors had to say so I can take care of you but I couldn’t because of our tight filming schedule and to protect you from scandal. I don’t think I will ever forget the sight of you, unconscious and oh so pale. Why did you not say something? What did you not even tell me that you were not feeling well as soon as I arrived on set?”

EH, trying to lighten up YC’s mood, weakly answered: “YC-nie, I’m very sorry to make you worry so much. I promise to take good care of myself. Please stop crying. We are already crying so much during filming, you should not be crying out of filming too. I did not think that it was so bad. I did not have a fever or a cold or a cough, I just had no appetite so I felt a bit weak and couldn’t seem to get warm. I did not want to worry anyone because we need to finish filming; instead, I worried everyone and delayed filming. I have inconvenienced all of you.”

YC: “What did the doctors in Seoul have to say? Why do you have a nurse with you? Don’t feel sorry jagi-ah, you are human, and the way we have been filming has been pretty intense with little or no sleep for several weeks now. I guess it has taken its toll on your health.”

EH, reached out to gently wipe YC’s tears from his cheeks with her fingers.: “I was told to go in for a general work-up as soon as possible. I had to agree to bring the nurse with me so that the doctor will release me even with the last IV drip treatment still ongoing. Honey, you need to let me go and allow me to sit beside you. I really am feeling a lot better and we need to get ready to film. I wasted 6 hours of all your time.”

YC, seeing EH’s logic, reluctantly settles EH beside him but keeps her within the warmth of his embrace and says: “Don’t worry ae-in, we made good use of the time and filmed the scenes around yours.” Mischievously, to brighten the atmosphere in the room, YC continues: “Maybe you wasted just an hour of our time, though.”

 

With this YC and EH smiled at each other and begun to erase this bad memory by talking about their remaining scenes and joking around. Their staff members who were discreetly standing by the door were relieved to hear the sound of soft laughter coming from the room. Giving an ‘OK’ sign to the PD-nim, MSM and YC’s manager knocked and entered the room followed by the rest of their joint staff to prepare YC and EH for filming with YSH inside the warehouse.

 

During the filming, both YSH and YC were keeping their eagle eyes on EH making sure that she was not tiring or feeling weak. Any slight sign that EH was tiring had one or the other giving the PD-nim a sign for a break. YC was especially making sure that EH was kept warm with thick blankets wrapped around her instantly as soon as a break, no matter how short, is given and he also made sure that portable heaters were set around her. The fear and concern one sees in YC’s face in the drama was not all acting. It was an actual manifestation of his concern and worry for EH’s health during this time of filming.

 

YSH was also doing his part for his favorite noona. Despite the fact that some of his actions should appear a little bit rough, he made sure that he was as gentle as can be when he had to touch EH during the filming, always asking her if she was okay, after every such scene.

 

The nurse, not a fan of any of actors in the drama, watching from the side-lines, was impressed at the genuine concern and caring that the cast, crew and staff of the production were showering on Miss YEH. She also saw how YEH was tiring as the filming went on through the night and early morning but was not making any complaint and continued filming diligently and even flashing smiles to her work mates. She thought to herself that Miss YEH is a true actress and must really be a good person to be shown such concern and affection by everyone around her. She also did not miss the fact that Mr. PYC was showing a bit more extra concern and caring for Miss YEH but was being very discreet about it. Although extremely curious about the pair, she will stick to her professionalism and keep her observations to herself but she decided that she was now a fan of Miss YEH and Mr. PYC as individual artists and as a potential couple.

 

Seeing this rare kind of affectionate interaction in a work-related environment, she decided to look for a site to watch the drama content that, since they were now filming the last episode, she could watch it straight from episode 1 to 21, without delay or interruption, if she wanted to.

 

Filming in the warehouse wrapped by 6am, YC, EH and the production team scheduled to film the last scenes decided to stay in an inn near the church they were to film in so that they could have a few hours of rest before they started filming the scenes inside the church. They also had a meeting with the writer in the morning to discuss the scenes that could be shortened or to cut altogether because they no longer had the luxury of time to film all the remaining scenes.