CHAPTER XIII – First of Many Christmases Together?…HOPEFULLY!!!

Decision - A Turning Point

 

Filming of ‘Missing You’ continued, their schedule not letting up. They stuck to their schedule of having only Thursdays as a rest day for everyone involved with the drama. They tried to pace themselves since the weather continued to grow colder and colder and started to film scenes in advance and not just for the weeks upcoming telecast. They needed to take advantage of the relatively good weather with less or no snow fall to film the outdoor scenes because the indoor scenes can be filmed when it was snowing outside.

Time flew and suddenly Christmas was fast approaching. It seemed that the ‘Missing You’ team will be working on even through Christmas day but because of the close camaraderie of everyone in the team, nobody really minded.

On the evening of the 24th, Christmas Eve, YC and EH were at the Paju Factory Outlets to film the ‘date scene’ of Episode 14. The place was too crowded with non-production personnel so both YC and EH had to be extra careful to act professional around each other. They had to exert extra effort not to gravitate towards each other; to just stay relatively near each other but only surrounded by their personal staff members. If they are seen together it would have to be around the PD-nim, camera director and/or light director. It was such a strain on them but they had to keep up the front. Their own personal staff members were also on guard to make sure that their individual bosses behave. They have gotten this far in the filming without any dating rumours leaking out and they all had to work together to make sure that no dating rumours will come out until the end of the filming.

Despite knowing that they had to both behave discreetly, both were looking forward to see who can find ways of secretly communicating with each other and of secretly giving affectionate and caring looks making sure they are not caught. EH had to admit the YC was better than her at this, but, hiding a grin, she acknowledged that she was able to surprise him once or twice.

They were standing with their staff surrounding them ready to remove the thick jackets and blankets they were wrapped in near the open area of the mall waiting for the filming crew to finish setting up in the area where the giant decorated Christmas tree stood; when EH felt a warmth on the back of her neck. Looking up she met YC’s intense stare and started to feel weak in the knees, suddenly he grins and winks at her and she recovers just in time to stop herself from stumbling forward. EH gives YC a look that made YC grin wider that said: “I’ll get you for that, just you wait!” YC was eagerly anticipating what form EH’s ‘revenge’ will take.

They started filming their scenes, it was a gruelling process but they were having fun. As of yet, they were filming individual scenes or scenes where they may be in one frame but they were not in touching distance in the supposedly open selling area; when the crew were preparing for the scene near the Christmas tree where JW was supposed to catch up with SY, heavy snow started to fall so the PD-nim was forced to call for a temporary break in filming. YC and EH were standing around the open area with their staff and started to walk/run towards the covered area near the mall. EH seeing her chance to take ‘revenge’ on YC, speeds up and, making sure that the rush and their staff will cover her move, grabs YC’s hand under his blanket, surprising YC and then makes a run for the steps tugging YC behind her forcing YC to speed up along with her if he did not want her to loose her balance and, horror of horrors, fall. Just when they neared the steps, EH abruptly releases YC’s hand, looks back at him, winks and lets out a joyful laugh as she sidesteps to calmly join her staff. YC, out of breath from the running and stunned by EH’s move, noticed the startled looks of some onlookers as they saw him still running full speed towards the mall, spies the pair of angel’s wings on the wall and turns in that direction as he reduces his speed. His staff members followed him and respectfully ask the mall shoppers to vacate the area so that YC can take pictures with the angel’s wings. YC sees EH giving him a mischievous smile which he acknowledges with a raised eyebrow to admit that she won this round. YC thinks to himself: “My EH is full of surprises and still pretty strong despite her slenderness. She still is the ‘Young Girl Warrior’ of the X-man days! That is sooo y!!!”

The PD-nim calls them back to start filming as soon as the snow stops falling. They were to film the scene where JW catches up with SY, they just finished filming several angles of the scene where JW bumps SY on the back to get her attention and where moving on to film the scene where JW puts his arm around SY. They had to repeat the scene a couple of times, so YC got his chance to savour the re-takes by either letting his hand linger for a short while on the base of EH’s spine before fully releasing her. To keep EH warm, he tucked her as close to his side as he can get away with during the walking scene when he had his arm around her and on the scene where he put EH’s hand inside his pocket, he held on tightly to her hand as he caressed it with his thumb. During the filming of the scene where JW was wrapping his couple scarf around SY, YC gave EH such a loving look that the females watching the filming were sighing and melting at the sight.

YC did all of this, under the guise of filming, to show EH that he was having a good time enjoying her company and was wanting to keep her warm in the cold weather. It his own ingenuous way YC was exerting a lot of effort to turn their drama date into a real one as much as he possibly could.

They were so engrossed in filming that they did not notice the passage of time. When the PD-nim called a wrap to the filming, YC and EH was surprised to see the production staff and crew bring in cakes that EH’s Neris brought to celebrate Christmas. The ever cheerful YC who was in really high spirits, happily shouted: “Merry Christmas!” several times, while the ever considerate EH cut up the cake and, using a napkin, fed a piece to the PD-nim then, without missing a beat, picked-up another piece with a napkin to feed to YC. After swallowing his cake, YC naughtily whispers to EH: “EH, it’s not fair. Am I not more special to you than the PD-nim? You should feed me one more piece of cake to prove it.”  EH whispers back: “You are such a baby. Okay just 1 more piece of cake, after all it is Christmas.” Sharing a meaningful look, in the midst of the Christmas spirit where no one will really notice them, YC and EH spent their first Christmas together.

YC had to leave first to film with SOS in the restaurant, where she supposedly works in the drama, the scene before the ‘date’ scene that they just wrapped up. Before he took his leave he again greeted everyone a Merry Christmas and, under cover of the noise around them, he told EH that he would see her soon. EH was scheduled to follow him there for a couple of sequences but she still had time to linger around the mall and have a meal before following him to the filming site.

After filming in the restaurant YC and EH were able to go home. EH gave him a gift wrapped rectangular box as they were leaving the filming site and told him to open it when he got home. YC had a smile of excitement and anticipation thinking of seeing her gift for him but YC was more excited and curious to know how EH reacted when she sees the simple gift he had delivered to EH’s home earlier. Knowing her penchant for Ice Cream, he had several pints of her favourite favours delivered from his and Mama Park’s Gelato shop. He was sure that he will find out soon enough.

EH arrived home and found that a delivery was waiting for her at the guard house. It was in a big Styrofoam box painted with Christmas décor and a red ribbon tied around it but with just a Christmas greeting and no indication of who it came from, sparking her curiosity. With the help of her staff, they brought it to her home and, like a little girl opening her gift on Christmas day, untied the ribbon and removed the tape sealing the box. She squealed with delight upon seeing the pints of Gelato Ice Cream and knew without a doubt who the gift came from. Reaching for her mobile phone she sent YC an aegyo text message with lots of emoticons and a couple of hearts saying: “YC-nie thank you so much for the gift you sent over. Will eat it well but you have to take responsibility if I gain weight and get fat. I love……it so much!”

Upon reaching his house YC hurriedly opens EH’s gift to him and sees the 3 beautifully hand-made bracelets inside the box. His heart contracts at the simple but personal gift from EH. As he reaches for his phone to call her, he felt it vibrate and sees EH’s even cuter text message for him. He melts and gives EH a call.  After having a, by force, short but sweet conversation they say their good nights and prepare to sleep.

Lying on their respective beds, they think of how happy they both were spending their first Christmas together and realised that they wanted this to be the first of many Christmases they could start spending together.