CHAPTER XXVI – Back Home…For a Proposal…Scene…

Decision - A Turning Point

 

YC is back home in Korea and as soon as he was in his van he risks calling EH on his mobile phone hoping that she is on a filming break and can answer his video call. He was missing his EH a lot since they were not able to talk to each other again after his video call that first night in Beijing and was only able to exchange SMSes with each other, which was pretty unsatisfying and frustrating. More than a day without seeing and speaking with EH was pure torture! He did not want to go through that again..but…after the wrap party, he will be forced to not contact EH in any way for 2 weeks (that translates to 14 days of extreme torture to him); but since he already agreed to this, he had to keep his promise and honour their agreement to step back.

Impatiently counting the rings, he was about to cut-off the connection when he hears EH’s voice and sees her face appear on his screen.

EH: “Hello, Chunnie!?! Are you back home? I just got a break and MSM was going crazy pointing at my phone and calling me to come over quickly. Oohh, baby, you look exhausted, were you not able to get enough rest?”

YC smiled on seeing EH’s concerned look and replied: “Slow down, honey, I can’t get a word in. Were you worried about me? I just arrived and am in my van. I’ll be in the filming site in no time at all. I missed you too much and could not sleep since I was not able to see your beautiful face and hear your sweet voice. How did filming go these last day and a half I was away?”

EH: “It was okay but I missed having you around. I was surrounded by the other cast members and the filming staff and crew but I still felt so alone. I’m glad you called, it seems to have given me energy to film. Are you really coming to the filming site? I thought today was also a free day for you. Aren’t you tired? Shouldn’t you be resting at home?”

YC: “I love that you worry about me, ae-in, but I need to report for filming, we only have 6 days left to finish filming our last two episodes. Don’t you want to see me in person?’

EH: “Of course I want to see you, a video call from you is good but seeing you in person is a lot better. Ooops, honey, I have to go they are calling me back to continue filming. Muah…see you soon!”

EH cuts the connection and approaches the PD-nim and her co-stars not conscious of the radiant smile on her lips and the happy vibe she was radiating that was missing the past day and a half of filming without YC around. They are all happy to have their usual EH back and instantly knew that it was YC she was talking to animatedly on her phone during the filming break.

YC arrives at the Bellus filming site. The production team wanted to finish filming at this location today because they wanted to be free to film in their other locations for the next few days until the early morning hours of the 17th, if need be, to complete filming of the drama. YC had fond and happy memories of this location. This is where EH and he (Yes, it was not HJW and LSY kissing that day) had their first kiss. And now, this is where HJW was supposed to be proposing to LSY, but in reality it would be PYC expressing his sincerest heart’s desire to YEH and he would make sure that EH will also have no doubt of what the scene actually meant. He only had one scene here and it was the proposal scene.

YC entered the building to see OJS and EH filming a scene together. He grinned as we watched the scene being filmed, his friend really was a funny guy and he could see that EH was relaxed as they were filming the scene with the mannequin. After the okay was given YC waves at EH then greets the PD-nim, staff, Do Ji Won (Hwang Mi Ran), Lee Se Young (Han Ah Reum), the other actors at the location then approaches OJS, giving him a hand shake with a pat on the back while winking at EH who was standing just a couple of feet behind OJS. YC spends a couple of minutes in conversation with OJS then reaches out to pull at EH’s dress as she reaches his side making EH stop and turn to face OJS with a smile. OJS gives a knowing smile and excuses himself to join the rest of the production team and cast for a cup of coffee.

YC: “Hi sweetie, I really missed you a lot and just seeing you now is making me weak in the knees. You are truly so gorgeous.”

EH: “I missed you too, but we have to join the rest of the crew and actors for the break, it would be strange if we just stood here talking. Come on let’s go.” She tugs YC’s arm trying to pull him with her.

YC resists and says: “Just a few more seconds, jagi, just let me absorb your nearness, to make me confirm that you are not a dream.”

EH, melting, replies: “Okay, just a few seconds, then we join the others.”

YC and EH give each other sweet smiles, unaware that the production crew, staff and actors around them were watching them and giving them indulgent and understanding smiles of their own.

After a brief discussion with the PD-nim about the whole proposal scene to be filmed, YC and EH walked toward the sofa and sat down to re-read their lines from the script, to make sure that they memorized their lines, while waiting for the lighting and camera crew to finish the setup of the scene. Glancing around to make sure that they had the area to themselves, YC reaches for EH’s hand to get her attention. EH gives YC a startled look as he turns EH to face him fully by taking hold of her other hand. Holding EH’s hands firmly in his and looking deeply into EH’s eyes, he softly says: “EH, please feel my sincerity during the filming of the proposal scene. The words are very near to what I really want to actually say to you right now but, since I promised to step back for 2 weeks after the wrap up party, I can’t say them yet. I will though, after 2 weeks, I promise. You can take that to the bank. Understand?” EH shyly nods her head in understanding and gives YC a radiant smile. Unbeknowest to the crew who saw them, and thought YC and EH were just practising for the scene, they just had front row seats to a small but significant milestone in the real life love story of PYC and YEH.

The filming of the proposal scene took a while because of the camera angles that was needed to complete the scene. Starting from HJW’s line of ‘giving away your one and only umbrella on a rainy day…’ EH can truly feel YC’s sincerity and had to steel herself so she would not cry at all the emotions she was picking up from her Chunnie. She felt his sincerity, his love, his honesty, his assurance and the promise of a beautiful future with him, all she had to do is grab a hold of him and believe. That she was just a bit teary-eyed in the scene was great acting from her, all she wanted to do was embrace YC so tightly and let go of her tears of joy.

YC saw in EH’s eyes that she finally really understood and accepted how deeply he loved her and he could equally feel the truth of EH’s love for him. For now, this was enough for him. They will still step back for 2 weeks after the wrap up party as promised but they can be confident that they were both ready to move forward and take the next step, to have a serious relationship after the 2 weeks. He felt that they both had no more doubts about that.

That proposal scene of Episode 20 of the drama “Missing You” was a partial preview of the real life proposal scene YC would be making to EH in the future.”