Chapter LI – Living the Married Life They Always Dreamed Of

Decision - A Turning Point

 

Around 3 weeks after YC & EH returned from their honeymoon, YC enlisted for his Mandatory Military Service. He had to reside in camp for his basic training (boot camp) for 4 weeks. After YC’s training, he was assigned to his 24-months public service post. Although he was not allowed to accept any public appearances as an Actor or Singer, he had the privilege of going home to EH after the working day.

 

EH took the opportunity to live her dream of having a quite married life of 2 years aright after marriage by going back to school to finish her Master’s Degree. She enjoyed being a normal housewife, keeping house and preparing meals and snacks for YC to bring to work and share with his workmates before leaving to attend her classes. She also made sure that her classes ended by 3pm, giving her enough time to prepare dinner for YC. EH only accepted Photo Shoots and continued with her endorsements, performing her duties as agreed upon in her contract.

 

They spent most of their time planning for their future and bonding with their families, the Yoon and Park families regularly met for dinner at either the Yoon residence or the home of YC & EH. They could not meet at Mama Park and Yoo Hwan’s home since it was too well known to fans.

 

YC & EH were savoring their life as a normal married couple. They had small ‘fights’ or disagreements as any normal married couple experience but they always made sure to iron out their differences as soon as they both had their emotions in control and have calmed down. They also made it a point that, unless prevented by work obligations, they always slept, either holding hands or in each other’s arms, on the same bed in their master’s suite at home.

 

YEH had a special surprise for their first wedding anniversary, while YC was at work, she fixed-up their roomy and luxurious master’s suite with soft colored lights assisted with candles in strategic places. She had been preparing props for over a month now to make their room look like a decadent strip club in Las Vegas, complete with a pole, a small spot light and strobe lights ready to be by EH as soon as YC takes his seat on the sofa inside their suite.

 

EH was in costume, nervously sitting in the darkened ‘stage’ area, contemplating the wisdom of her surprise but determined to spring this naughty surprise on her jagiya. She worked pretty hard to learn how to do the dance and received a lot of teasing from the few friends who knew of her plan because it was so bold, totally out of her character and far from her comfort zone. EH started to repeatedly tell herself: “I am an actress and a talented one at that, I could do this! It is just role-playing.” to lessen her nervousness and stress as she waited for YC to enter the room and sit down.

 

When EH heard footsteps coming towards the room, she was so nervous and anxious that she thought about scrapping her original surprise and just spend a pleasant evening of alone time with YC; after all, there was an assortment of fruits and bite-sized snacks laid out on the table and their favorite bottle of champagne was chilling in the bucket of ice by the seats. She did not know how YC would react to her surprise. This is the first time she has ever tried such a bold move and she hoped that her jagiya would be pleasantly stunned and not horribly shocked by it. Gathering her courage and going on actress mode, EH, finally hearing the turn of the door knob waited with baited breath for YC to sit comfortably on the sofa-like seat, took a deep cleansing breath, she the strategically placed spot lights and strobe lights and cued the song for her performance.

 

As soon as the lights turned-up and the music came on, YC looked up and sat in open-mouthed shock as he first noticed the pole, smack in the middle of the makeshift ‘stage’. Suddenly he saw a familiar long leg encased in very fine pink silk stockings moving out from the shadows and saw his obviously nervous Yobo, approach the pole ily dressed in a tight-fitting black, with pink and purple trim, one-piece short pants outfit that covered her fully in the front but exposed her y back, up to the bottom of her spine. Still stunned but slowly recovering from his shock, YC smiled broadly as EH preformed a private pole dance for him. He could see his Yobo’s nervousness but he appreciated the courage it took for her to execute this surprise for him.

 

EH ended the performance a feet away from him near the coat that she had earlier placed by the seat. EH could not look YC in the eye unsure of YC’s reaction to her surprise so she was surprised that YC gently reached for her hand and pulled her to sit beside him. Feeling embarrassed, EH buried her head on YC’s chest and refused to even take a peek at YC’s reaction.

 

YC hugging EH tightly with a broad smile on his face said: “Ah, Yobo, where has this wild, y but adorable woman been hiding? She is just the type of woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. A woman who is cute and adorable during the day but uber y at night; promise me you will always be this y and wild just for me.”

EH, face still buried in YC’s chest answered shyly: “Because of you, you make it safe for me to take risks. You always have.”

YC, lifting EH’s head with a gentle hand on her chin asked with a twinkle in his eye: “When did you start taking lessons?”

EH: “You know that I can’t really do heavy gym exercises, right? But dancing is different, I really enjoy it and it is a form of exercise that my doctor encourages me to take up. As a lark, a group of my close friends and I decided to take pole dancing lessons to manage our weight, tighten our arms and thighs and enhance our legs, so, this is the result. There is no one I would dare perform this to except you so I thought it would be a good wedding anniversary surprise for you. Did I shock you?”

YC, gently rubbing her back: “Well, you did at first, but I overcame my shock quickly enough as I noticed how nervous you actually were but how graceful you were. Although the dance was provocative in nature, your grace and artistry shone through, it was no different from watching a good ballet performance and I…” YC abruptly stopped as a sudden thought occurred to him as he asked with a frown: “Yobo, does anyone know about your surprise for me?”

EH, hitting him gently on his chest answered: “Yay, are you crazy? Of course not, I would be too embarrassed to face anyone else. This is just between you and me, arraso. This is our secret.”

YC: “You bet it is our secret! Though I wouldn’t mind you practicing and showing me what else you learned in the future, privately of course.”

Teasingly EH lifted her head and whispered in YC’s ear: “My friends and I plan to learn lap dancing next.”

YC, almost having a heart attack, bellowed: “WHAT?!?”

EH, laughing out loud answered: “Just joking!!! I think that is too much for me.”

YC hugged EH and laughingly said: “You little minx!!!”

BUT naughty EH DID perform a for YC on their second wedding anniversary!!!

 

When YC finished his MMS, EH and he made the announcement that they would be married in a month. They had their public wedding ceremony with over 500 guests composed of family, friends from church and celebrity friends. They took another Honeymoon together then did an action movie along the genre of ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ of the American Bragelina couple.

 

On the eve of Christmas 2018, the year following their public wedding, EH gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl, making YC ecstatically happy to have his wish for a Christmas baby come true and was a very proud and loving father.

 

Although EH took 3 years off from movies and dramas to take care of the twins, YC and EH both remained in the Korean entertainment scene. YC also had another wish granted when he was given an offer to join the KBS Reality Show, The Return of Superman, showing how much of a loving and hands-on father he was to his beloved twins and sharing some aspects of his married life with EH to the viewers.

 

At the 2025 Baeksang Awards, YC, EH and their nearly 7-1/2 year old (Korean Age) twins; Young master, JW who takes after YEH and Young Mistress SY who takes after YC; attended (JW in a tux like his Dad's and SY in a dress like YEH's gown) leaving their 4 year old daughter, SH, and their 1-1/2 year old youngest son, JH at home. They attended the affair with the twins because they made a cameo appearance in the role of their children in the movie that YC and EH acted in, a movie that EH also directed. It was a good year Mr. & Mrs. Park Yoo Chun for YC won the Baeksang award as an actor and EH took home the trophy for the honor of the Baeksang awardee as a director.

 

YC & EH rushed home after the awards night to celebrate with their children. A simple celebration with Ice Cream, home-made cookies and cakes and of course, a lot of hugs and kisses.

 

YC’s & EH’s simple decision to love each other and to fight for their love became the turning point in their lives and brought them the marriage and family life they have always dreamed of!