Chapter IV - Houston, We Have a A Problem...Not!!!

Decision - A Turning Point

 

“What in the world is happening to Me!?!” YC and EH were both thinking the same thing and were about to panic but then both exerted all their will to make an abrupt u-turn with their thoughts.

YC’s POV:

No need to panic Yoo Chun-ah, you are just a bit star-struck. (Naughty YC, dressed as a playful angel whispering in YC’s left ear: Really? Why are you suddenly star struck? You’ve known her for a while, maybe not as a friend but as an acquaintance, why be star struck now, why not during poster shoot or filming in golf course or even when you first met YEH 8 years ago? Are you sure being star struck is the reason? Besides, this time you have not thought of YEH as “noona”, which you automatically do when your female co-lead is older than you. WHY is that?). YC flicks his left ear as if to swat a fly and adjusts his reasoning. That’s right, I’m not star struck, it’s just that I’ve already started to immerse myself into my role of Han Jung Woo who is so in love with Yoon Eun Hye…I mean, Lee Soo Yeon. Yes that’s it. That’s the reason. I need to think of YEH as LSY and start always calling YEH LSY ASAP as the PD instructed us. No need to panic. YC takes a deep breath and gives YEH his brightest smile.

YEH’s POV:

Eun Hye-ah, nothing to panic about, you were just curious to see YC in his detective look. (Naughty EH, dressed as a mischievous toddler whispers into YEH’s right ear: Really? You’ve seen him in detective mode during the filming of the opening scene on the golf course so why the automatic searching of PYC as soon as you entered the room?)   Well…yeah…but I thought he may have changed his look a bit, be more ruggedly handsome instead of the neatly handsome look during the filming. (Naughty EH: REALLY!?! Are you being truly honest with yourself?) EH tucks the loose hair on the right side of her face behind her ear. Yeah, I just wanted to see HJW’s look so I can match my LSY look to his and start immersing myself in LSY’s character. OK EH-ah time to start following the PD’s instructions to call PYC HJW so that we could quickly adjust to our characters, after all we are both method actors. No need to panic. YEH lowers her eyes and looks up into YC’s brightly smiling face and flashes her own signature wide-eyed full smile.

Suddenly, YC greets EH naughtily: “SY-ah how are you? Did you sleep well?” Without skipping a beat, EH, in SY character, answers: “Who are you? Do I know you?” Everyone who heard them burst into laughter and, as easy as that, the panic left them as they shared their first real, honest-to-goodness, smile.

They were filming the scene at the end of episode 5 and beginning of episode 6 outside Harry Borrison’s house in Seoul. YC and EH were soaked to the skin and were filming the scene where HJW was about to grab Joy Roux’s wrist to stop her from running further. While waiting for the PD to give them the cue to start, YC whispers in EH’s ear: “Are you alright? You are not complaining one bit at being soaking wet in this freezing cold.” YC was actually concerned because, despite the lipstick EH was wearing; he can see her lips turning blue. EH simply answered: “I’m alright, the faster we can wrap filming of this scene the quicker we can get into dry clothes, don’t worry, we can do this.” She smiles at YC to thank him for his concern. EH tells YC: “You should change into warm and dry clothes as soon as filming here wraps-up, you can’t afford to be sick as you have more scenes to film than me in different locations. Please take care of your health.” They give each other a tender and sweet smile looking into each other’s eyes. They are rudely snapped out of the warm cocoon they wove around each other at that moment when the PD gives them the cue to take up their positions for the take.

After the filming of the scene in the rain YC, immediately enveloped by his stylist and staff in a towel, a jacket and a warm blanket, gets in his van to move to another location while EH is also immediately enfolded into a towel and a warm blanket and helped into her van to proceed to the set of HB’s house to film her other scene/s with YSH.

YC strains his neck to look out the back window of his van, for the first time regretting the efficiency of both their staff, disappointed that he was not able to say his goodbyes to YEH. They will not be filming together again that day but his disappointment was lessened as soon as he remembered that they will be filming more scenes together the next day. As his van pulls away from the site of HB’s house, YC smiles secretly to himself as he realizes that it was so easy for EH and he to get comfortable with each other. How EH so easily jived with his teasing in the waiting room and give back as much as, if not more, as she received. He realized that they actually had a lot of things in common. He also realized that, as the production team was also out to protect YEH from any whiff of a scandal, all he had to do was to be natural and comfortably himself and to be only on alert when there were fans on site or when there were ‘unknown’ cameras about. He was sure that the production team will not release any ‘incriminating’ BTS footage for love of YEH. He observed that so many people around them seemed to be fond of YEH and treated her either like a daughter or older or younger sister as the case may be. He realized that YEH was starting to really fascinate him and he was determined to get to know her better. Well…it was because he wanted the best working atmosphere as possible between them because of the upcoming intense scenes in future episodes.

EH was in her van on her way home from a long day of filming and is assessing how quickly YC and she were able to get comfortable at the waiting area earlier. When YC , she was able to match his playfulness without much effort, which is pretty unusual for her. She could not explain why she was so easily comfortable with him. She was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the way YC handled their meeting. He really acted like THE man, the one responsible to take care of his co-star despite his being younger than her for 20 months. She was happy because this meant that they will have no problems for their future intense scenes.

YC and EH have been steadily filming with only 1 day to rest every week for a month now. They were filming more scenes together and they were both savoring their budding closeness. They could not exactly say that they were friends but there was surely a growing sense of closeness between them brought about by their being so comfortable around each other and their discovery of their so many similarities in taste, ideals and even sense of humor. YC was so amazed to realize that he could easily make EH laugh when even people he has known and worked with for a long time could not even understand his jokes and this fact made him happy. Both YC and EH refused to put a label on their relationship. What they knew was they were close. They were in sync in so many levels. Although they always reason that it was because they were immersed in their roles as HJW and LSY. Both were honest enough to know that even if they call themselves HJW and LSY on set, they both knew in their hearts they were PYC and YEH.

Towards the end of the month of November the 5th to 8th episodes was released on TV, which has the adult cast taking over the young cast. The ratings was good enough, considering the competition, which was the ending episodes of the melodrama “Nice Guy” but they were number one in streaming sites, not only in Korea but around the globe. YC was hard at work with the filming of MY and was also busy preparing for his Japanese fans 'MY' set  visit and Fan Meet scheduled on December 2. He was also scheduled to leave for China sometime around mid-December so YC had a pretty hectic schedule. Although thoughts of EH and how much fun they had when they were together filming constantly entered his mind, he did not have time to process the reason why he kept on thinking about EH and their time together. In conclusion, he did not see a problem with their growing closeness.

YEH also had her own personal activities such as photo shoots and events but she had a more relaxed schedule that YC. She too was in awe at how fast she and YC seemed to become close. It was as if the 8 years they did not meet each other did not exist. It fact, it felt as if they were not just acquaintances 8 years ago but 2 people who had bonded 8 years ago who had just to get reacquainted to regain their past closeness. YEH could not deny the growing closeness between YC and herself and the fact that YC kept entering her thoughts at the most inconvenient of times but just put it down to their intense situation in the drama.

So both YC and YEH thought: “Houston is there a problem?” Both thought: “Not really…nope…it’s just the drama…really…no problem at all…NOT!?!”