Chapter L – A Memorable Honeymoon

Decision - A Turning Point

 

When YC drove into the garage of the house that she and YC looked into just a few weeks ago, EH could only stare at YC in shocked surprise. Turning to look at YC she saw YC’s wide grin and 2 set of keys in the palm of his hand.

YC: “Surprise!!! May I present to you the keys to our new home!!! This is my wedding gift to you.”

EH: “Th..th..this is the house I liked of all the houses we looked into a few weeks ago. It is beautiful, safe and secure and just a few minutes’ walk away from where Mama Park and YH live!!! Bu...bu...but...how...when...I mean... it’s ours?”

At YC’s nod EH launched herself into YC’s arms and gave him a tight hug.

YC: “The house in not fully furnished, we can do that later. The kitchen has the barest of essentials but our bedroom is fully furnished to your specifications combined with my taste and of course the California King-sized bed!!!” YC ended raising his eyebrows up & down to tease EH. YC continued: “While you were in the salon this morning, Eomeonim and your other female relatives came over to transfer some of your clothes, your toiletries, and other essentials. MSM and your staff will move the rest of your things while we are away on our honeymoon. Your jewellery are already safely locked in the safe of your dressing room here, you can change the code later. Come on let’s enter our love nest!!!”

 

YC quickly exits the car and walks around to help EH out of the car. As YC opened the front door of the house, EH gave a surprised yelp as YC suddenly stopped her, handed her the two sets of keys and, with one arm behind her back and the other beneath her knee, carried her across the threshold of the front door of their new home. Taking a short tour of the ground flloor of the house, YC swiftly climbs the short flight of steps to the bedrooms.

 

As soon as YC set YEH at the top of the stairway, their eyes locked, his like warm chocolate seeping through her soul. Then inch by inch by inch, his head lowered and his lips touched hers; so soft, so tender, so fleeting. He lifted his head and met her eyes again, then with a muffled groan, he shut them and his lips met hers again. His lips were hungry on hers—seeking, searching, demanding---and she, helpless, surrendered to his demands.

 

EH felt the trace of YC’s tongue along the seam of her lips and parted them as naturally as breathing and felt the full power of her husband’s kiss. Slowly leaning back towards the wall in the hallway, her heart galloping in her chest, her arms came up and s around his neck, holding him against her until suddenly he was stretched out full length on her---his body locked intimately against hers---and all she could think about was feeling his unclothed skin against hers...until she felt his palm cup her over her wedding gown, then heat shot through her and all thought flew out her head, feeling weightless, all she could do was cling to him and let him touch her with his unbelievably talented hands.

 

After what seemed an age, YC lifted his head and looked down at her and tenderly but huskily asked: “Are you ok?” All EH could do was smile dreamily and nod her head making YC groan and swoop down again, trapping her face between his hands and steadying it as he kissed her senseless all over again. He only broke the kiss, in what seemed like a century later, so that they did not suffocate, and rested his forehead against hers while they both fought for breath and tried to slow down their hammering hearts.

YC, still catching his breath, said: “Ae-in, we should slow down and take our time; I want us to fully enjoy our first night as husband and wife.”

YEH shyly nodded and replied: “Okay, jagiya, let’s take our time and enjoy ourselves, we only have one wedding night in our lifetime, right?”

 

Keeping EH within the circle of his arms, YC walked her to their bedroom that was dimly lit by some strategically placed night lights, where a feast of bite sized sweets, fruits and champagne awaited them. Realizing that they were hungry, because, like most newly-weds, they could not really eat much during their wedding reception, they sat beside each other on one end of the bed and partook of the simple feast in front of them; feeding each other, sharing jokes, laughing and cuddling, just enjoying the moment.

 

With both of them satisfied and energized with the meal and mellow with the champagne, YC whispered into YEH’s ear as he was taking little nips on it: “Yeobo, make love with me.” Slowly easing the long line of tiny buttons on the back of EH’s wedding gown and turning her to face him as he bestowed little kisses along her dainty neck and exquisite collar bone. Feeling EH’s gown loosening, he kissed EH tenderly on her lips as he removed his shirt.

 

As she wrapped her arms around his neck, he lifted her into his arms and carried her to the other side of the bed. From the night lights, he could see the serene smile on YEH’s face as well as the golden light on her eyes that out-sparkled her rings. He her hair before cupping her face within his hands and kissing her with aching tenderness.

 

They undressed each other with the same care and leisure, lingering to explore and worship every inch of skin they exposed. They had all the time in the world to focus on each other. He loved the creamy smoothness of her skin and the way it warmed with every touch of  his hands and mouth and he could feel how much EH adored him with every sweep of her fingers and caress of her lips.

 

As they settled on the bed, they continued worshipping and adoring each other, loving the sighs of pleasure, tiny whispers of hunger and slow crescendo to fulfilment. Soon the playfulness ended. YC kissed her, claiming her lips a well as her body and cupping her hips, he led them both to a place that was theirs alone. Feeling the end coming, YC hoarsely rasped into YEH’s ear: “I love you so much!” and not waiting for an answer, he locked his lips to hers again, claiming her cries of ecstasy just as she consumed his.

 

Despite the fact that they made love 2 more times during the night and early dawn, YC awoke with a smile on his face feeling like the man who found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. He was ecstatic to finally be able to claim EH as truly his. Finally EH was his wife and he vowed to do everything in his power to make their marriage and family life a success. Checking his watch and seeing that it was 6am, YC gave EH a sweet kiss and left the room to prepare a light breakfast-in-bed of bread, eggs, coffee and juice to share with EH. They had to get up, shower and change to make their 9:30am flight to Paris for the first leg of their Honeymoon. Their respective staff prepared a backpack of 2 days worth of undies and clothes for each of them to carry. YC and EH did not want to be weighed down by luggage so they decided to buy simple clothes when they arrive in Paris.

 

With tray in hand, YC carried EH’s breakfast upstairs, settling it on the floor before waking EH up with a kiss on her forehead saying: “Yobo, get up, you need to eat breakfast then take a quick shower and change. I am leaving for the airport first then you follow in 30 minutes. Our plane leaves at the same time but you are flying First Class with Air France and I am flying First Class with Korean Air.” Smiling to himself when he heard EH mumble: “Another 5 minutes, I’ll get up in 5 minutes.”

YC, injecting a note of sternness in his voice, replies: ‘Yobo, you can’t afford the extra 5 minutes, you can sleep some more in the plane. I booked both of us in First Class so we can rest in relative comfort on our respective flights.” Knowing that he needed to add a ‘shock factor’ so that his Yobo would surely get up, YC naughtily whispered in EH’s ear: “Come on, Yobo, I want us to shower together and...”

EH, coming fully awake, cut him off and asked shock: “Yah!!! Wha...wha...what shower together?”; turning bright red.

YC suddenly enjoying himself, naughtily answered: “Hey, we are married now, showering together...”

EH: “Yah, Park Yoo Chun...what are you blabbering about!!!”

YC, laughing out loud: “Just joking, for now, Yobo. At least you are wide awake now!”

Appreciating YC’s ingenious way of waking her up, EH joins in with YC’s laughter but also hits him lightly with her pillow in retaliation.

YC, wanting to have the last say said: “I meant it when I said I was just joking, for now, since we don’t have the luxury of time; but I plan to convince you to either share a shower or a bath in a tub with me during our honeymoon, so be warned.”

Giving EH a tender smack on her lips, YC continues: “Since I’ve eaten, I’m going to take my shower now, my van will be here soon to take me to the airport.” EH could only stare speechlessly at YC’s departing back.

 

Upon arrival at the Incheon International Airport, YC, who somehow always attractes some attention, quickly cleared customs and made his way to the Korean Airlines First Class Passenger Lounge in the central part of the terminal, just past the immigration checkpoint. The First Class Lounge can be accessed via a walkway which takes you above the concourse of the terminal and is located on the upper level, near the transit hotel and some other lounges. YC chose a seat in the area that was like a library since in had bookcases lined by books with couches and comfortable chairs to sit on. As soon as he was seated, he sent an SMS to EH saying: “Yobo, I’m in the Korean Airlines First Class Lounge in the ‘library’ area. Since Air France is a member of the SkyTeam, you will also be waiting here in the Korean Airlines First Class Lounge for your flight, see you very soon.”

 

EH was entering Incheon International Airport herself, 30 minutes after YC. She also attracted some attention, not much from fans but by the males who saw her and followed her progress through the terminal with their eyes. EH also quickly cleared customs and was making her way to the Korean Airlines First Class Lounge.  As soon as she entered the lounge, she boldly made her way toward the ‘library’ area and took the seat across from YC, giving YC a mischievous grin and a wink.

 

Some people in the lounge were giving them speculative glances thinking that they were going on a trip together but when they entered separate gates to join their respective flights, YC’s plan in making people think they were going to different countries worked. No one seemed to take note that YC & EH were, actually, both going to Paris.  

 

YC’s Korean Air flight and EH's Air France flight arrived in Paris at exactly the same time in the early afternoon. With just their small carry-ons and no luggage, they avoided the arrival rush and quickly cleared customs to meet at their designated meeting place and exited the airport to go to their hotel. It was a thrill for YC & EH to be able to check-in using their English couple name of Mr. & Mrs. Micky & Grace Park. They were only spending a day and a half and 2 nights in Paris to buy luggage and simple clothes they would need for the rest of their 2-week Honeymoon and to visit some tourist sights together.

 

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, they visited the shops. They spent 3 enjoyable hours helping each other choose casual clothes for daytime activities and a few semi-formal attire for romantic dinners.

 

Mr. & Mrs. Park returned to their hotel after their shopping trip to change for the ‘Service Premier with Trocadero View’ Dinner YC booked at the 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant at the Eiffel Tower for 9pm. Asking to be dropped-off a block from the Eiffel Tower, they took a leisurely walk towards the Eiffel tower with YC’s around EH’s shoulders and EH’s arms around YC’s waist. They enjoyed a romantic dinner at the restaurant catching the eye of the other dinners because of how beautiful they looked together and the look of absolute love they shared with each other. They ended the night with a two-block walk before hailing a cab back to their hotel for another night of sharing their marital love.

 

The next morning they went to the Louvre Museum, YC was thrilled to see the enjoyment EH experience as she appreciated the most diverse collection of pre-20th century painting, sculpture, and decorative objects (the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, basking in the works of Vermeer, Caravaggio, Rembrandt, and countless others) on display. The palace itself is testament to a rich history spanning from the medieval period to the present. They then walked over the bridge from the Louvre to the Musee d’Orsay-- and see the bridge between classical and modern art. Housing the world's most important collection of impressionist and post-impressionist painting, the Musee d'Orsay's light, airy rooms brought you through three floors of modern wonders, from Degas' ethereal dancers to Monet's water lilies, all the way to Gaugin's leafy jungles. Major works by Van Gogh, Delacroix, Manet, and others.

 

After having lunch, they then visited the Notre Dame Cathedral, a marvel of gothic architecture. One of the most singular and beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with it’s dramatic towers, spire, stained glass and statuary are guaranteed to take their breath away. They were able to witness firsthand the spot that was once the heartbeat of medieval Paris, that took over 100 years of hard labor to complete. They also climbed the North tower to see Paris from the hunchback's Quasimodo's vantage.

 

They then hopped on a boat at Notre Dame for a one-hour tour on the Siene River. They ended the day with a walk down the Avenue des Champs Elysees which ended at the Arc de Triomphe. They ate dinner before returning to the hotel tired but happy with the time they spent as tourist together, relatively incognito. Again EH slept in her beloved YC’s arms on their last night in Paris.

 

The next day saw then catching an early flight to Rome where they rented a car and drove to Tuscany, along central Italy's west coast, a Renaissance country -- the lush landscape inspired painters Leonardo and Raphael with its green valleys, rolling hills, vineyards, and olive groves. The art and architecture of the fifteenth century remain in ample evidence, but il dolce far niente -- the sweet art of idleness -- is equally intoxicating, where they were to spend nine days of their leisurely honeymoon.

 

They drove to their accommodations at The Bonello Farm which stands from the 18th century in the country of Siena, exactly in the heart of the Val d'Orcia Park, in the panoramic road that leads from Pienza to San Quirico d'Orcia. YC chose the place because he read that it was restored in a masterly fashion respecting the original typological features and using the traditional construction materials of the rural architecture from Val d'Orcia. Set on a hill of cypress trees, it is possible to admire the green hills and the clay hills of Val d'Orcia, the majesty of Monte Amiata and the unforgettable colours of the sunsets in the cool of the trees of the farmhouse garden or relaxing along the borders of its swimming pool. YC made no definite plans regarding their stay, they could just laze around at the farm the whole day, go on a picnic around the area or go visit nearby sights in Pisa, Volterra, San Gimignano, Lucca, Arezzo and Cortona. They enjoyed their quite, relaxing honeymoon in Tuscany but most of all they cherished the sharing of their love for each other, in the quite times in each other’s arms; in the care-free strolls they took either holding hands or with their arms around each other; in their sharing of their dreams for each other and the family life they would like to build together.

 

After nine days in Tuscany, they drove back to Rome where they spent another 2 days and nights taking in some sights and returning their rented car before they joined their separate flights back to Korea. EH’s Air France left Rome for Paris at 10:15am Rome time and after changing planes in Paris arrived in Korea at 07:35am the next day Korean time.  YC’s Korean Air flight left Rome 12 hours later at 10:50pm Rome time and arrived in Korea at 04:40pm the day after Korean Time.

 

EH spent the 7-hour difference in their arrival in Korea to fix-up their new home and prepare a welcome home meal for them to share, the very first home-cooked meal they were to share in their marital home as husband and wife.