Chapter XLVI – Out in the Open

Decision - A Turning Point

After the announcement of their relationship and engagement to the public, YC and EH were seen going out on fun dates together. YC fulfilled one wish of EH’s, which was going to the amusement park with her boyfriend and holding hands as they enjoyed the rides and walking around the park.

 

For this outing, neither went out of their way to disguise themselves. They just wore designer jeans, couple shirts from 84 over e, baseball caps and sunglasses. Initially, people who saw them just did a double-take but resumed walking. After a while, people started to recognize them and when this happened they would just bow slightly and smile to the people staring at them. When they noticed people gathering around them and taking pictures of them on their mobile phones, as news about their being in the amusement park spread like wild fire, YC brought EH to the amusement park’s administration office, to the amazement of the staff on duty, and asked to use the PA system. When YC received the ok sign from the amusement park manager, he said: “Hello, this is Park Yoo Chun. Presently, I am out on a date with my girlfriend Miss Yoon Eun Hye. We are here as private citizens and not celebrities so we hope that you will all respect our privacy and right to enjoy a simple date as a couple. We do not mind you taking pictures of us as long as you do not invade our personal space and we hope you do not post these pictures indiscriminately on-line.”

EH taking the microphone from YC added: “We appreciate all your interest in us and thank you for understanding our need to be able to enjoy the simple joy of being an ordinary couple on a date.”

 

Before leaving the administration building, they took pictures with the staff on duty and signed autographs for them as a ‘thank you’ for accommodating their request to use the PA system. They were thankful to the people who were at the amusement park for accommodating their request to confine themselves to just taking pictures, in return, YC and EH smiled and bowed slightly in greeting to the people they met along the way. They were also thankful to notice that there were amusement park security officers keeping a discreet eye on them as they continued taking rides and exploring the amusement park like any other ordinary young couple in love.

 

They had an enjoyable day being an ordinary couple on a date at the amusement park and, as an additional thank you to the amusement park staff and security officers, who took extra time to watch over them; three days after their visit to the amusement park, they sent over a couple of boxes of assorted bottled juices and around 3 dozen brownies and 3 dozen cookies, that EH baked herself, with a hand-written note signed by both of them. This note can be found framed and taking a place of honor in the amusement park’s administration office.

 

Another time, they were in casual clothing and stopped by the restaurant owned and operated by singer Se7en and his girlfriend, and EH’s good friend, Park Han Byul.

 

Although Se7en was still serving his Mandatory Military Service, PHB was at the premises and was very happy to see a glowing EH with an equally glowing YC in tow. They had a fun visit with PHB who wanted to treat them but the couple only allowed her to treat them for drinks and paid for the meal. YC saw how EH was as a friend and really appreciated how much she is a loyal and true friend to those she really cares for. She may not see her friends very often but she seems to be in touch with them somehow and always updated on their ‘news’. He also appreciated how EH made sure that he was not left out of the ‘girly’ talk she had with PHB and he loved how EH was now very comfortable in showing PDA’s. She would unconsciously reach out and hold his hand or place her hand on his thigh or knee. She would even give him a loving look and touch his cheek oh so gently.

 

Being in a public place, they could not avoid being noticed, even if PHB seated them in the farthest corner of the restaurant, fortunately the other diners only took pictures and did not invade their privacy.

 

On their way out, PHB pulled EH aside and whispered: “Chingu, I am happy for you, YC-shi is definitely a keeper.”

EH whispered back: “I know chingu. I am so blessed that my jagiya chose me out of all the women he has met. I will surely treasure him.”

Giving each other a kiss and a hug the 2 friends said their goodbyes and promised to get meet up on a double date as soon as Se7en was finished with his Mandatory Military Service.

 

As sightings of YC and EH going out on a date became more common, the public seemed to have accepted them as a couple. They acted like any other regular couple and did not act like celebrities, going grocery shopping or to the market, strolling hand-in-hand during the early evening; which endeared them to those who saw them together and soon their relationship was widely accepted by their fans and non-fans. They could comfortably be out together without fearing much negative feedback.

 

The day of their first formal public appearance as a couple came. It was the day of the VIP premiere of YC’s movie ‘Sea Fog’ and YC insisted on escorting EH to the event as his date. This was a big day for YC as an actor and also for YC and EH as a couple since this was the first event they will be attending as a couple and, unlike their dates, this had full media coverage; the first after the announcement of their relationship around a month ago. They arranged to wear color coordinated chic semi-formal wear since YC was adamant that they show to all and sundry that they WERE a couple. YC looked debonair in his dark suit with a powder blue silk shirt and a pink and lavender stripped tie while EH matched his look in a powder blue just below the knee length dress with lavender ts and a pink belt to show-off her slim waist. The dress fitted EH’s upper body like a glove showing off her slim but proportional upper body. From the waist, the ‘skirt’ of the dress flowed out. EH’s lavender with small dashes of pink and powder blue high-heeled Jimmy Choo’s shoes showed off her beautiful long legs to advantage.

 

As soon as the press and fans realized that YC and EH arrived together and that YC was helping EH out of his car cameras and mobile phone cameras started to follow their trek into the venue of the premiere and, since YC refused to let go of EH’s hand, the photos in the newspapers and entertainment videos, showed the whole world how much of a couple they are. They went up the photo-op platform together and posed for pictures, then YC escorted EH to her seat in the theater before joining his co-stars in the room where the ‘Sea Fog’ cast gathered before they entered the theatre stage together.

 

To EH’s surprise and delight, JJ and JS came to occupy the seats on her immediate left while Mama Park, YH and OJS oppa occupied the seats to her immediate right. She did not realize how tense she was until she relaxed in the knowledge that her jagiya arranged for his closest friends to seat with her and keep her company while he had to stay and watch the movie beside his other cast members. EH was again presented with an act of love and protection from YC; he was showing her that, although he could not be beside her physically, he was indeed beside her in spirit with his beloved mother, brother and trusted friends to be with her and protect her in his absence.

 

After the movie’s showing and the interview session, YC and EH left the theatre hand in hand again to meet up with Daddy Yoon, Mommy Yoon, Mama Park, YH, BS, JJ, JS, OJS and some other friends at EH’s new café, Jacob’s Ladder, for a celebration of YC’s debut in the big screen.

 

YC was in high spirits celebrating with his friends and family, but he was most happy with the fact that, finally, EH and he no longer needed to hide their relationship as if they were doing something scandalous or wrong. They can now truly be able to be themselves wherever they go or whatever they do. Although there were still some fans who could not accept them as a couple, majority of their fans have embraced their relationship and were supporting them. The world of Korean Entertainment was also accepting of their relationship. They have conquered and overcome one big hurdle with regards to their professional life together successfully.

 

YC and EH were a sight to behold to their friends and family during the party. Although they would circulate and talk to family and friends separately, they would automatically seek each other with their eyes every so often and when their eyes met they would give each other such loving smiles. Sometimes, it seemed that they could not help but gravitate towards each other and this would bring indulgent smiles on the faces of everyone who sees them, as YC and EH walked toward each other for a hug or YC’s pulling EH beside him with an arm around her shoulders and kissing the top of her head, or EH smiling up at YC as she touches his cheek tenderly. Little gestures that endeared them more to their guests making them say a fervent prayer of thanks that these 2 wonderful people found each other as well as a prayer for the protection and strengthening of the wonderful love YC and EH already had for each other.

 

The entertainment news the day after the VIP premiere contained positive reviews for the movie but most importantly, positive comments about YC and EH’s relationship and how they have become well-accepted by the public.

 

With their relationship no longer a secret it was easier for YC and EH to synchronize their schedules so that they had enough time for their career obligations as well as have quality couple and family time.