CHAPTER XXXVI – Making Lemonade Out of Lemons – PYC's P.O.V.

Decision - A Turning Point

The day after the ‘Missing You’ wrap-up party, YC woke up with a strong sense of purpose. He was already missing YEH a lot, he loved YEH so much and he was determined to pursue a serious relationship with her and he had 2 weeks to prepare.

 

First in YC’s list of things to do was to have a serious talk with his Mom and YooHwan. After doing his morning ritual as well as taking a quick hot shower, he walked to the living room looking for them and found YooHwan lounging in the sofa drinking Hot Chocolate while reading the newspaper.

He called out to YH saying: “Hey bro, is Mom home? Are you busy today?”

YH answered distractedly: “Hmmm…Mom is in the kitchen preparing breakfast. I don’t have any work scheduled for today. What’s up?”

YC smilingly answered: “I have something important to tell both of you. Let’s go eat breakfast before it gets cold then come back here to have that talk, okay.

YH looks at YC speculatively and insightfully asked: “Does this have something to do with the gorgeous and kind-hearted Miss YEH, bro? I can tell you right now that Mom and I were kinda expectantly hoping for it.”

YC: “Well yeah, be patient bro, let’s eat before telling Mom over morning coffee or hot cocoa in the living room, okay.”

YC reached out his hand to pull YH up and put his arm around YH’s shoulder as they walked companionably to the kitchen.

 

After breakfast, YC and YH helped their Mom clean-up the table and wash and dry the dishes, utensils, pot and pans. Leaving the cleaned-up kitchen, YC approached his Mom and took her hand as he said: “Mom, let’s go to the living room, I have something important to tell you and YH.” Mama Park gave YC a speculative look then gave YH a hopeful and questioning look that both sons ignored and pretended not to understand.

 

As soon as Mama Park and YH were comfortably seated in the sofa, YC sat on the armchair facing them, gathered his thoughts and cleared his throat.

YC started by saying: “If you remember, lately, I’ve been giving some hints that I may have found my special someone and possibly your prospective ‘daughter-in-law’. Well, I’m sure of it now. I love YEH very much and in 2 weeks, if she’ll have me, I’m going to start exclusively dating her with the strong possibility of marriage in the future. I can assure you that I have given this a lot of thought; I know it won’t be easy for both of us but I’d like to fight for a chance to build a serious relationship with YEH. Of course, this all depends on YEH’s answer but, unless anything drastic happens in the next 2 weeks, I am fairly confident of a positive answer from her.”

Mama Park’s first question was: “Why 2 weeks?”

YC answered honestly: “Well Mom, EH actually wanted us to wait a month to make sure that the love we felt for each other was real and not drama character related but I was able to assure her that I will not weaver so she gave in and insisted on at least a 2-week no communication break after the wrap-up party. I’m going to use this time to talk to JJ and JS as well as my management agency so that I can be properly advised on how EH and I can go about having a relationship under the radar of the media and our fans, for the time being, and when we can soonest comfortably make an announcement about our relationship to the public. As much as I would want to reveal our relationship as soon as it starts, I know I need to make sure that I am protecting EH, her family and career as well as you, YH and my own career.”

YH was amazed as he said: “Hey bro, you must really be serious about YEH noona! You’ve thought carefully about it and you are entering the relationship with your eyes wide open. You’re awesome, bro!”

YC said: “I’ll talk to both of you again when EH and I have a talk and I’ll make arrangements for you to meet her formally as my significant other as soon as possible.”

Mama Park stood up and approached YC to give him a tight hug as she said: “As long as you are as happy as you have been for the past few months I am all for your relationship with Miss YEH. I’ve met her and heard a lot of good things about her. She is a nice, kind, loving and well-behaved young lady so please take good care of her. I, for one, will be patiently waiting for you to formally introduce her to us as your girlfriend.” She then gives YC a sweet smile with a loving kiss on his cheek.

Mama Park, YH and YC continued to have a companionable conversation updating each other on what has been happening in their individual lives with YC being teased about the good changes Mama Park and YH saw in him in the past months.

 

A couple of days later, YC met up with JJ and JS. After greeting each other, the three JYJ members settled in their favorite chairs updating each other on their recent individual activities and their usual horsing around and joking. In the first lull of the conversation, YC said: “Hey guys, hmm…I have something important to tell you.

JJ to JS with a smirk on his face: “What did I tell you? I was right to tell you to expect some kind of admission from YC soon wasn’t I?”

JS replies in awe: “So you weren’t pulling my leg then, JJ hyung? I thought you were just joking around!”

JJ answered mock offended: “You really did not believe me JS? You must think I am such a liar.”

YC quickly intervened before JJ and JS could distract him: “Hey, please stop it you two, this is really serious.” When he got JJ’s and JS‘s full attention he started: “I always promised you guys that if and when I find ‘THE ONE’ for me, after my family, you would be the first to know about it. Well…I FOUND ‘THE ONE’…it is…”

JJ and JS, together, interrupted YC saying: “The gorgeous, y and kind-hearted Miss Yoon Eun Hye!”

JJ continued smugly: “Yah, PYC, don’t look surprised, I’m not blind, stupid and definitely not insensitive! How could I, your soul mate, not know? I was totally a witness to how you acted around EH-shi during the MBC Drama Awards Night. You stuck to her like a bee to honey, keeping your eyes totally on her. You practically ignored me the whole evening, after she took the seat beside you during the break. For the first time, when we were at an event together, you barely turned to talk to me. You were sweating bullets when it was actually cool at the venue. We’ve been together for so long for me not to notice the difference and read the signals you were emitting.”

JS then said: “I watched the Fan Cam videos in YouTube of that event after I heard from JJ hyung, and boy, you really were so obvious. It was as if you could not help yourself, you were lit up like a Christmas Tree on Christmas Eve.”

YC replied, slightly irritated: “Alright, okay, I get it! I can’t hide anything from you guys. It is not yet official, though I plan to correct that by the first hour of the second of February.”

JJ and JS  looked at him with twin questioning looks on their faces so YC explained: “My jagi, YEH, got me to promise that we will take a 2 weeks break with no communication with each other to make sure that our feelings for each other is real. She wanted a month’s break, at the least, but I was thankfully able to convince her to accept 2 weeks. It’s been about 3 days and I am barely surviving.”

JS: “Wow, YC, this really is a first. You must really love YEH-shi! Well, all I can say is that I support you. Even 8 or 9 years ago in the 2 episodes of X-Man the 2 of us did with her, she already seemed like a really good and kind-hearted person; though she was a bit shy, she was cute. Wait…I remember that you couldn’t take your eyes off her even then, especially when their team was doing the couple choosing part.” JS couldn’t help but add teasingly.

JJ: “The industry insiders I know are one in saying the she IS a true beauty, not only in outward appearance but in personality and character as well. You are lucky YC, you struck gold in Miss YEH. Congratulations!”

YC gratefully answered: “Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate your support. You have to know that we won’t be able to reveal and admit our relationship to the public immediately, right. I need to protect YEH personally and career-wise as well as our families from any negative reactions. I’ll be having discussions regarding this with Cjes tomorrow to see what our options may be.”

JJ and JS both volunteer: “We’ll accompany you and back you up tomorrow. We both don’t have any work scheduled and we’d like to show them that we support and back you up 100%.”

YC emotionally but gratefully answered: “Thank you, you really are like brothers to me.” YC, JJ and JS gathered for a group hug.”

 

The next morning found YC having a meeting with their management agency, with JJ and JS along for support. YC had a pleasant and smooth meeting with the agency CEO and executives. It seems that his manager had a discreet talk with the CEO beforehand with his observations during the filming of ‘Missing You’ and also advised the CEO to watch Fan Cam Videos of the MBC Drama Awards on YouTube, Weibo, DC Gallery and other sites. The CEO, being an astute and open-minded person, added 2 and 2 together and correctly assessed the situation. He informed YC that he already had a team look into the matter to best advise him of his options and what is the best way to protect his and YEH’s interests, image and career as well as their respective families.

 

YC was now reassured of the full support of his family, his band mates and his management agency. He had another meeting set to discuss what the team from Cjes had to suggest to him and some days to just relax.

 

All he needed to do now was to think of a surprise for YEH when he approached her on 12 midnight of February 2; it had to be as romantic as he could make it. He also knew who he can count on in YEH’s staff to willingly and enthusiastically help him with his planned surprise. With this thought, YC smiled his sweet but mischievous smile as he looked forward to when he would be seeing his YEH very soon.