CHAPTER XXXI – AND IT’S A WRAP!!!

Decision - A Turning Point

 

The last day of filming brought in some staff and crew from Seoul. The set designers arrived with materials for the church while the props crew arrived with the rings and 3 bouquets of bridal flowers for the ‘wedding scene’; one bouquet had all white flowers on it, another had predominantly violet/purple flowers and the third had predominantly pink flowers for PD-nim, lighting director, camera director and YEH to choose from.

 

The production team resolved to finish filming by 5 o’clock in the afternoon, at the latest, so they can edit the last episode, which will be aired the next day, cleanly. They were also worried about the state of the health of their 2 hardworking, cooperative and kind-hearted main leads.

 

While preparations were being made for the church scenes. YC, EH, PD-nim and writer-nim were having a meeting to discuss the remaining scene/s. The PD-nim explained that they were hoping to film an after-wedding sort of honeymoon scene wherein they will show HJW and LSY either snuggling in a bed or a sofa talking about what could have happened if, years ago, in their teens, HJW and KHJ met as nephew and child uncle, respectively, and all 3 got to know each other since then. (The scene in episode 21 that showed the teen-aged HJW, LSY and KHJ meeting and playing in the playground up to when they were walking hand-in-hand out of the church). They decided to record the conversation between HJW and LSY first as a precaution, in case they will not have time to film the post wedding scene as they wanted to, as well as the ‘thoughts of HJW and LSY as LSY was walking up the aisle’ scene.

 

Calling in the sound crew into the lodge, YC and EH taped the conversation of HJW and LSY for the ending of the drama. It took nearly 2 hour to record all the dialogues they needed for the wedding and after wedding voice-over. While the sound crew, PD-nim, writer-nim, YC and EH were recording, the rest of the crew finished setting-up for filming inside the church.

 

YC, EH and company joined the rest of the crew by 10am ready to film the ‘wedding scene’. Starting from the entry into the church scene of HJW and LSY the filming atmosphere was one of joy and happiness but with a bitter-sweet vibe, after all this is the last day of filming. Everyone had an enjoyable time filming despite the extreme filming conditions and schedule.

 

YC and EH were very energized and really giving out a vibe of a couple very excited and happy because they were getting married, at last, after a long wait. Everyone in the filming site could feel how real the emotions YC and EH were radiating, their chemistry was really over the top.

 

It was very cute and adorable watching YC and EH choose from the 3 bouquet for the one that LSY would use for the wedding, they acted like a real couple giggling, laughing and joking around with each other as they ‘discussed’ the pros and cons of each bouquet between them then turning to the props coordinator for her input. Finally, they settled for the pure white bouquet as a contrast to their dark coats and in coordination with the clothespin covered in white lace as LSY hair accessory in lieu of a veil. The smile they gave to each other after the choice was made had the props coordinator fanning herself and feeling as if she was a peeping tom intruding on a very private and intimate moment of the couple.

 

Surprisingly, it was not only YC who was showing some PDA on this last day of filming, EH could be observed reaching out to fix the collar of YC’s coat or the scarf around his neck during filming breaks. YC and EH seldom left each other’s side during breaks they could be seen seating on a church pew talking, at times very animatedly, other times they seemed to be having a serious conversation. YC would always reach out his hand to help EH stand up whenever they were called to take their positions and EH would always have a sweet smile for him before taking YC’s hand and they would walk hand in hand to the aisle before reluctantly letting go of each other’s hand and taking up their positions.

 

When they were filming their individual scenes, you could see the one not in the sequence staring at the other as if they were memorizing the other’s face, taking a picture in their minds to keep as a memory. YC and EH were so engrossed in each other they were not aware of the approving and indulgent looks they were getting from every single person on site.

 

The scene in front of the altar was so full of real and palpable emotions. The longing, the excitement, the joy and happiness coming from YC and EH could not be mistaken for acting anymore. Their eyes were really shining and one could clearly feel that these 2, not HJW and LSY but PYC and YEH, really belonged with each other. They were a perfect match/fit in looks, personality, temperament, generosity and baeryoshim.

 

They did not need to make any vows to each other; their body language and eyes spoke for them. The aura of pure joy and happiness YC and EH emitted was just perfect for filming but truly a sight to behold by those on site. It was like a preview to the real thing when these two adorable people will tie the knot in real life.

 

During a break before the exchanging of rings close up. YC and EH were talking quietly in the front row pew.

YC: “Why are you so quite? You seem to be deep in thought; a penny for your thoughts?”

Hesitating EH answers: “Well…it’s just that I am overwhelmed by the feelings that I have right now. I feel…ahm…I feel as if this is not a scene in the drama but an actual real life promise of a future together. This has never happened to me before.”

YC, a happy and broad smile on his face, answers as he encloses both her hands tightly in his: “That is because this IS an actual promise of a future together from me to you. You can finally feel my sincerity and, deep down in your heart, you KNOW that after the 2 weeks you asked for, I will definitely be coming for you.”

EH, shyly nods her head and answers: “I think you’re right. I’m sorry for asking for the 2 weeks away from each other after the wrap up party but I…I just…I want both of us to be sure. Maybe during that 2 weeks we can also start to make our plan/s on how to make our relationship work with less negative effects/impact on our families and loved ones as well as our beloved loyal fans; make sure that our families and our careers don't suffer ”

YC teasingly answers: “Uri EH is very wise. And at least this time you seem to now accept that I will be back for you in 2 weeks, unlike before when you really doubted my sincerity.”

EH: “Yah, I was not doubting your sincerity, I just wasn’t sure if the feelings you were having was that of HJW for LSY or of PYC for YEH. Hey…you know what I mean!”

YC laughing out loud replies: “Yes, jagi-ah, I know what you mean and I am extremely happy that you now realize and are very much aware that I am really expressing PYC’s feeling for YEH.”

YC wanted to kiss EH after this exchange but restrained himself because they were in full view of everyone, instead he pressed EH’s hands tightly and gave her his sweetest smile.

 

During the exchanging of wedding rings scene, EH was all choked up. It felt so real to her and the look on YC eyes had her heart skipping a couple of beats. Even without any lines, she could feel the love, longing, respect and sincerity of her YC-nie as well as see the promise of a happy life together in his eyes. YC, on his part, felt so protective of EH as he placed the ring on her finger. He could feel EH’s love and sincerity as well as her wanting to believe in the truth of his promise. He knew that despite the fact that EH was a year or so older than him, because of her past traumas, she was vulnerable and unsure of herself when it came to being in romantic relationships. YC’s protective instincts, where YEH was concerned, was cemented when he placed the ring on her finger, he made a vow to himself that he would always, to the best of his abilities, make it his priority to keep EH safe at all times. The sweet kiss on the forehead that he gave EH was his way of sealing the silent promise he made to himself and to EH.  

 

At 6pm the PD-nim called the filming of the drama a wrap. The filming of ‘Missing You’ was declared finished. Everyone on site gathered around for the photo session of all the staff and crew with PYC and YEH. The prop coordinator gave YEH’s staff the 3 bouquet of flowers that they chose from to bring with her. She was waiting for YC’s staff to hand her the box with the ‘wedding’ rings but none was forthcoming. As she walked to the photo session site, she saw that the rings were still being worn by PYC and YEH as they were seated in the front row beside each other, with the PD-nim and some other head staff sitting around them all holding hands.

 

She found it a bit strange because usually jewellery, used as props, were returned by the star’s coordinator immediately so that the star will not forget to remove them in the usual rush and chaos of the final day of filming. After the photo session, she was about to remind the respective coordinators about the rings, when she saw PYC and YEH facing each other as they seem to reluctantly remove the rings and hand it to YEH’s coordinator. She saw them give each other a strangely encouraging smile as they started their rounds of goodbyes to everyone around them.

 

After their rounds if goodbyes and reminders to be at the wrap-up party for the drama, YC and his staff was walking slightly ahead of EH and her staff when one of EH’s staff approached him and asked for a hug. YC smiled and happily obliged, he had gotten to know EH’s staff and is now quite close to them. Seeing this EH made some teasing noises making YC pat her in the back and, despite the fact that there were fans watching, he gave EH a tight hug as he whispered: “I’m missing you already.”

 

Both left the filming site to go home. EH’s van, as usual, in front of YC’s van. As soon as EH entered the van she sent YC a text saying: “I’m missing you more. I guess this will be one of my last SMS to you, for now. Hear from you in around two weeks?” YC’s quick reply: “You can count on it. See you at the wrap-up party.”

 

Both released a deep sigh thinking that it would be a long 2 weeks.