CHAPTER XXVII – Bittersweet Filming Days as the Countdown to Filming Wrap Begins

Decision - A Turning Point

 

Today, the “Missing You” cast and crew were filming at the hospital. The drama will be broadcasting their last episode on the 17th of January which was 5 days away and were in severe live-shoot mode with 4 full days and the early morning hours of January 17, if necessary. They were scheduled to film in the hospital for the whole day. All the hospital scenes needed for Episode 21. They were hoping to complete all the hospital scenes so they can concentrate on filming in HTJ’s house, Det. Kim’s home, the playground, the warehouse then the wedding scene.

YC and YSH had an earlier call time to film the Emergency Room scenes. YEH’s call time was at 10am. 2 filming crews were on location. One to film KHJ-HB hospital scene with the doctor, OJS and Team leader scene the other to film the HJW/LSY scene after the emergency room scene. After these scenes, the second film crew team will leave. The first film crew team will remain to film the scene where KHJ-HB is recovering after 10 months with HJW and LSY visiting him.

Nailing the scenes with little or no NG’s was the order of the day so as to buy more time to film the other scenes that needed to be shot to wrap the whole drama comfortably.

YEH, arrived early bringing food for everyone, was led to a meeting-conference room, where OJS and team leader were already seated waiting for filming to start, that the production team had prepared for the cast to rest in during filming breaks for set-ups so as not to disturb the legitimate hospital visitors and patients. She was shortly joined by first YSH, who gave her a huge smile and greeted her warmly, followed by YC, who greeted her with a wink and a radiant smile, both still garbed in hospital patient attire. YEH could not help but smile and think to herself: “I truly am blest to be surrounded by my man and a dongseng who can still look so hot and handsome even in hospital patient attire.” Snapping out of her reverie when YC occupied that chair beside her and gave her hair a slight tug to get her attention. YC whispered: “Why are you gathering wool when I am beside you?” YEH, looking around at YSH, OJS and the actor playing HJW's team leader, who were all giving them indulgent but knowing smiles; gives YC a fierce glare, that YC totally ignores, and whispers back: “Yay, PYC-shi, what do you think you are doing? Everyone can see you!!!” YC answers naughtily: “Aigoo, jagi-ah, everyone here already knows something is up between us. We don’t need to hide it. They will protect us.” Then a little louder, looking at their immediate ‘audience’ YC says: “Right guys?” YSH answers, amidst approving nods from OJS and team leader: “Yes, YC hyung.” EH, still slightly embarrassed, reaches out to hit YC’s arm but stops mid-hit realizing that it would be more telling. She shakes her head in surrender and offers the new arrivals, YSH and YC, a bowl of hot noodles each from the food she brought to the set. After 20 minutes YSH, OJS and team leader are called away to film their scene while YC and YEH were also called to film their scene.

The set was the hospital room where HJW was recovering from his injury. PYC was on the hospital bed actually using the oxygen mask while indulgently watching YEH as she was filming her solo scenes with the ‘nurse’. They only needed him to call out LSY’s name for the first few scenes that was filmed. It took an hour to film the solo scenes of YEH. They had a short break to set up for the hospital bed scene. YC sat up on the hospital bed and called EH over in the guise of discussing the scene to be shot.

YC: “Ae-in, please don’t misunderstand. You will always be beautiful to me, but you look a bit pale. Are you feeling okay? Do you have a cold?”

EH: “I am fine, Chunnie. Maybe just a little tired but you know that this is normal when we are doing live shoots. I guess I just need to drink more vitamins and energy drinks. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

YC, giving EH an uncertain look: “Ok, I’ll let you have your way this time but be aware that I will be watching you closely. I don’t know why I feel uneasy at how pale you look.”

EH just nods and gives YC a warm appreciative smile.

Filming was going smoothly with no NG’s until in one of the close-up scenes where LSY repeatedly asks HJW to call out her name YC slipped up and called out: “EH-ay…“ instead of SY-ay. EH with her head pillowed on YC’s chest could feel YC tense up a bit when there was a few seconds of total silence as everyone on set realized YC’s NG then suddenly YC and EH heard bursts of laughter all around them from the staff and crew. PD-nim then approached them and quietly but mischievously asks YC: “Do you need a short break to get into character again?” YC, though slightly embarrassed, answered with a wink: “I guess I was thoroughly enjoying having EH holding my hand with her head on my chest that I forgot we were filming.” Hearing YC’s answer, EH’s cheeks suddenly turn a deep shade of crimson and, this time, she really hits YC on the chest to the amusement of the PD-nim and everyone watching their interaction. YC the forever mood maker brings joyful laughter into the set as the PD-nim called for a 15-minute break.

YC, wanting to head off EH’s scolding: “My EH-ah, I really liked it when you laid your head on my chest while holding on to my thumb. The moment was so real to me. I wished we could stay that way longer.”

EH sighing deeply: “Chunnie, sometimes I don’t know if I should be mad at you or not, you act like such an adorable naughty little boy at times but you can also be such a decisive man and both personas are just so irresistible to me. What are you doing to me?”

YC’s quickly answers with a wink: “I am making sure that you won’t be able to let me go, ever.”

EH just shakes her head in defeat at YC’s logic.

On the evening of that same day, YC and EH move to the set of Det. Kim’s house to film the interior scenes they had together for episode 20 before proceeding to the exterior scenes and the scene on the playground all for episode 20. EH had already filmed most of her scenes with her other co-stars for episode 20 so would be heading home after the playground scene. YC still had to stay behind to film a scene with OJS and JMIA in Det. Kim’s house.

YC was looking forward to the scene they were scheduled to film. It would be another lovey-dovey scene between HJW and LSY and, considering that filming will be done in about 4 days’ time, he meant to savour each and every lovey-dovey moment they had left to film. YC already planned to stay laying on EH’s lap whenever possible, even during the short film breaks for lighting adjustments and camera set-up changes.

In one of the breaks, EH gently asks YC, who was still laying on her lap with his eyes closed: “Jagi-ah, are you taking a nap? Are you really that tired? Are you taking good care of your health?”

YC, still eyes closed, mumbles: “I’m fine, ae-in. I’m just soaking in the wonderful feeling I have right now laying on your lap. I feel like I’m in heaven!”

EH smiles shyly but happily as she says: “Aiya, you are such a flatterer!” Okay just take your rest until it’s time to film.”

YC sighs contentedly.

Through the filming of their scenes together that night YC and EH were just being their normal self, acting like a normal couple whenever they can get away with it, even during their exterior shots. YC utterly loved it when EH wrapped the scarf around his neck especially since after the shot, she whispers: “Chunnie are you warm enough now with the scarf I lovingly wrapped around your neck? Don’t take it off now okay. Leave it there.”

They had to be more careful filming in the playground because there were many fans watching the filming, but the look of love in both their eyes can barely be hidden, even in the stills that was released for this scene, the love in YC’s eyes for EH as he stares at her and the shy smile on EH’s face as she looks into YC’s eyes with a reciprocate love is clearly revealed.

After filming in the playground EH prepares to leave for home and bows her goodbyes to the staff and crew. She gives YC a discreet smile as she bow her goodbye to him. YC immediately whips out his mobile phone and sends off a SMS to EH saying: “Have a safe trip home, honey. Tell your driver not to be in a hurry since he is transporting my most precious treasure. Send me an SMS as soon as you get home so I won’t worry. Saranghaeyo.” EH reads YC’s SMS and sends off her reply: “Am I really your most precious treasure? Thank you for saying that. I’ll send you an SMS and I hope you will also send me as SMS as soon as you get home no matter how late it is okay. I love you too.”

45 minutes later YC receives a SMS that brings a smile to his tired face: “Jagi, your precious treasure made it home safely. Am preparing for bed but will wait for your SMS as soon as you reach home. Be safe while filming, am thinking of you.”

2 hours later YC sends off a SMS to EH: “Am safely home, ae-in. It’s okay if you are asleep, just wanted you to know, as promised.” A sleepy EH, hearing the buzzing of her mobile phone wakes up and instantly makes a video call (a first time for her to initiate a call) to YC. She sees the surprised but joyful look on YC’s face as he answers his phone and quickly says: “Chunnie, just wanted to give you a goodnight kiss. Muah, my love, I just gave you a sweet kiss on your kissable lips. Sweet dreams!” then just as quickly hangs up. YC stares astonished at his mobile phone before bursting into joyous laughter. His EH is full of surprises!!!