CHAPTER XXVIII – Filming Less Scenes Alone Together…

Decision - A Turning Point

 

YEH’s call time today was at 1pm and she would be reporting at the set of Det. Kim’s home to wrap filming in that location, but she woke up early so that she can send a SMS to YC before he left for his call time at 7am. He had a lot of solo scenes and scenes with YSH and their other co-stars to film to complete all his scenes for episode 20.

 

Before EH could send her SMS greeting, her mobile phone suddenly buzzes, then rings, making her almost drop it. Seeing YC’s name on her screen she quickly answers the video call.

YC: “Hello sweetheart! Did you have a good night’s rest? Did I wake you up? You really are quite a beautiful sight first thing in the morning! I really want to see your gorgeous natural beauty and glow first thing every morning.” EH, caught unaware by the complement, simply blushed and stared at YC’s face on her phone. YC continues with a victoriously look on his face: “Cat got your tongue, sweetie? That’s for your sassiness last night, you little minx. It took me a while to get to sleep last night since I had to recover my sanity.”

EH, with a sad and guilty look on her face: “I did not mean to do that. I wanted you to have a good memory before sleeping hoping to make you have a restful sleep with only sweet dreams. I’m sorry.”

YC, wanting to see EH’s sweet smile again: “Aiya, jagi-ah, I was only joking. I did have a sweet dream. Please smile for me. I am on my way out to go to my filming site. Have a restful morning before going to the filming site okay? See you soon!” Seeing YC about to kiss his mobile phone screen, EH did the same making it feel like they shared a sweet kiss on the lips. Both YC and EH gave each other sweet smiles and a wave before hanging up. They were both now energized to face the day.

 

YC’s first scene that morning was in LSY’s old neighbourhood where HJW and the rest of his team except Det. Joo (‘wifey’, who was sticking to LSY like glue) was looking for KHJ-HB to catch him. It involved a lot of running and he actually slipped in one of the running scenes because of the wet-from-melting-snow pavement but knowing that they were fighting against time to finish filming of the drama, he picked himself up as if nothing happened and diligently worked hard to complete filming of this sequence of scenes.

 

Tired upon completing the outdoor scenes involving chasing KHJ-HB and preparing to move to the set of Det. Kim’s home, eager to see his EH to film the ‘modelling’ scene with Song Ok Suk, Do Ji Won, Jang Mi In Ae and Lee Se Young; YC was pleasantly surprised when his manager immediately handed him his mobile phone whispering that he wouldn’t want to miss this call. Looking at his phone, he sees EH’s smiling but worried face.

YC: “Hello, my love. You really are a sight for sore eyes! Why do I see a worried look in your eyes, despite the radiant smile?”

EH: “Are you really alright? You are not hurt anywhere?”

Puzzled, YC asks: “Huh, what do you mean?”

EH: “I heard that you slipped and fell in the pavement in your filming this morning. Are you really okay? You’re not hiding any pain and just putting up a false front are you?”

YC, in mischievous mode: “If I tell you where I hurt, will you kiss the pain away?”

EH, knowing YC well enough to be weary, answers: “Yay, Mr. PYC, what are you up to? I see that naughty look on your face!”

YC, laughing loudly, making those around look at him speculatively, says: “I just wanted to get that worried look off your face and it worked. Jagi-ah, I really am fine but could you still give me a kiss even when I am not hurt?”

EH flustered answers: “It depends on how you behave. BTW, we, the ladies in HJW’s life, are all here in the filming site waiting for you. Are you done filming there?”

YC: “Yap, we’re done and I am just on my way to my van to join you there. Wait a bit more, okay. See you soon.”

EH: “Okay, see you. Uhm...I love you!”

YC, although a bit flabbergasted, was glowing brightly with a wide smile on his face as he walked energetically toward his waiting van.

 

EH was having a lively conversation with her lady co-stars talking about fashion and beauty when her inner radar seemed to sense that YC was nearby. She paused imperceptibly trying to get a better feel of YC’s presence but, looking around her, it seemed that no one else saw YC. Shaking the feeling off, she was startled, when a couple of minutes later, YC enters the film site greeting everyone in the set with a bow and with an extra hug for SOS and DJW. He then turns to EH to give her a bow, a radiant smile with a wink and then reaching out his hand for a handshake. Everyone who saw this gave them an indulgent and approving smile, giving their silent blessing for the strong possibility of a relation between them.

 

The filming took around 5 hours but it was a happy scene so they all had fun during the shoot. YC would steal opportunities to reach out for EH’s hand and hold it tightly in his under the table during the breaks while YC and the ladies in HJW’s life would remain in their positions relaxed as they enjoyed an easy-going conversation and shared jokes.

 

Unbeknownst to YC and EH, they were both glowing and radiant emitting a very happy vibe than made everyone on set especially SOS and DJW fervently hope that these 2 beautiful individuals, very similar in personality and disposition would really try to make a go at nurturing a real relationship.

 

This being the last filming day of YC and EH with some of the co-stars present, YC & EH decided to announce their joint gift to the production crew, staff and co-stars who could take the time-off.  Although they already had a list of names of all the people involved in the production of ‘Missing You’ and tentative bookings had already been made, they needed confirmation as to who would actually be able to go on the date that was set. For those few production staff and crew who had urgent matters to attend to on the scheduled date, the option for a rebooking was available. Their announcement was greeted with whoops of surprise and joy. This trip was a first and 1 of the biggest gift from actors giving end-of-filming gifts to production staff and crew. For YC & EH, this was their expression of gratefulness for the people who worked in the background three times harder that they did to make the production a success and who took care of them and protected them to the best of their abilities.

 

EH was standing slightly in front of YC as they were waiting for their respective vans to come along the narrow street in front of Det. Kim’s home. Although they would not be filming together, they were both headed to the set of the police station to film separate scenes. EH’s van came first, as MSM entered the van first, EH looked around and saw that they were only surrounded by staff, crew and co-stars; on impulse, EH reached back to grasp YC’s hand and pull him into the van after her. YC, never slow on the uptake, gave a surprised but ecstatic smile as he quickly sat, signed to their remaining personal staff to just ride on his van before quickly closing the van’s door.

 

Turning to EH, YC still giddy with this impulsive move from his beloved says: “EH, jagi, that was a very nice move and a very pleasant surprise. Were you planning it all along?”

EH, now slightly embarrassed by her brazenness, answered: “Ottoke, honey, was I too bold? I don’t know what came over me! I must have lost my mind! Are you embarrassed?”

YC: “EH, my love, never apologize for your spontaneity. I honestly love it! This is the imp behind the shy, kind-hearted, soft-spoken and dignified actress that you are now. This is the essence of the ‘young girl warrior’ I met and was impressed with 8 years ago during our x-man days. Don’t ever hide it again. Promise?”

EH gives YC a shy and understanding nod as YC gathers her into his arms for long snuggle as they journeyed towards the set of the police station.