CHAPTER XXXIV – The Wrap-Up Party

Decision - A Turning Point

 

As they agreed the night before, YC and EH made a conscious effort not to gravitate towards each other during the official wrap-up party since it was being held in a public venue where outsiders can see them as well as having some members of the Chunsas (YC’s fans) and Neris (YEH’s fans) in attendance.

 

Although they sat at the same long table with YSH for the meal, they moved from table to table to greet the senior cast members as well as the child actors. Taking pictures as a remembrance and just spending time with the people who have become close to them as they were filming “Missing You”.

 

When YEH, YC and YSH were asked to give their messages to their fellow cast, production management, staff and crew, all of the cast, staff and crew who worked with them were stealing glances and smiling knowingly as they noticed YC valiantly trying not to stare at EH as she was making her speech but failing miserably.  EH was a little bit more successful in moving her eyes away from YC every once in a while when he was making his speech but just barely avoiding being accused of likewise staring at YC. All were thinking: “Ah…this two, so cute in trying to look casual toward each other and yet so obvious to us that who have gotten to know them, now, they are actually just acting.”

 

During the cake cutting, with all the cast standing behind a long rectangular table, some fans thought it very strange that YEH was standing beside YSH at one end of the table instead of beside YC, who was standing somewhere in the middle beside SOS and the majority of the other actors because, usually, YEH would stand near her main drama partner, if not beside him, during the cake cutting ceremony. But even as they did this, the people standing closest to them would catch them stealing glances at each other and even catch them looking directly at each other which would bring a smile to the face of whomever observes their avoidance antics.

 

Invitations to the 2nd wrap-up party that YC was throwing exclusively for “Missing You” cast, staff and crew who were of drinking age was being issued discreetly. Although it could not be avoided, some of the fans heard about this but they were very respectful and accepting that this was an exclusive event so only mentioned it in twitter and did not try to follow or hang around outside the second venue.

 

As the official wrap-up party was winding down, YC, YEH, YSH, and the rest of the cast members took their leave and waved and smiled to their fans as they left to transfer to the venue of YC’s party. Except for the child actors and actresses, most of the attendees of the first party joined the second party, although the senior actors and actresses only stayed for a short while to share a drink or two before taking their own leave.

 

At the 2nd venue, YC and EH comfortably interacted with each other. Staying close to each other even when they were circulating around to talk with everybody. It was like a reply of the 2012 MBC Drama Awards wherein YC stuck closely beside EH. With YC as the host, he did more circulating that EH but would always return to sit beside EH at ‘their’ table where one adjoining table was occupied by YC and YEH’s staff members and the other adjoining table was occupied by YSH, OJS, JMIA, LSY, JH and CJH.  It was easy for both YC and YEH to turn around to talk to the occupants of the other 2 tables adjoining theirs but it seemed that everybody was determined to give them privacy and some ‘alone’ time despite the crowd present.

 

For YC and EH this was a very bittersweet time together. Only the two of them and their staff knew of the ‘compulsory’ two weeks of NO contact with each other whatsoever that the two would be embarking as soon as they leave this 2nd party. Knowing how much these 2 sincerely cared for each other, both sets of staff members really thought that they were, unnecessarily, making themselves suffer but they respected YC’s and EH’s decision and would help them fulfil this so that both YC and EH could accomplish whatever it is they think they should within the 2-weeks-away-from-each-other time frame.

 

When most of the other guests took their leave and only the 3 adjoining table’s occupants were left, except for LSY who had a pictorial early the next morning and YSH who had a CF filming by mid morning; YC was able to relax enough to concentrate fully on EH.

YC, bracing himself, reluctantly asks EH: “Jagi-yah, how are you feeling? Are you tired? Do you want to go home? It is past your bedtime.”

EH softly answers: “I’m fine, I’d like to stay a little longer and spend more time with you. I’m so confused Chunnie, sometimes, at times like these, I regret imposing these upcoming 2 weeks away from each other on you but when I am alone and my insecurities about relationships rise its ugly head, I am sure that I am doing the right thing.”

YC: “Hey, I understand you completely and don’t take it against you in any way. If this will make you totally believe that my feelings for you is true and sincere, I’m 100% all for it. As I have said so many times before, I don’t need these 2 weeks to know how I feel towards you I am already sure of it. I also know that you, EH and not LSY, have sincere and true feelings towards me. But since you need to be sure of yourself as well as need time to believe in my feelings remaining true, I’ll give you the 2 weeks we agreed upon. Meanwhile I will start doing what I need to do on my end in preparation of the relationship I want us to embark on after the 2 weeks.”

EH with a questioning look on her face: “What do you mean? What things?”

YC confidently answers: “First, I need to confirm my feelings and intentions with my Mom and YooHwan. I know for a fact that they are already expecting this but I still need to formally let them know of my plans. Secondly, I need to let JJ-hyung and JS know about my feelings for you and my plans where you are concerned. Although I am sure that JJ-hyung already has an idea about how I feel. I have to let them know that I plan to seriously and exclusive date you very soon. Third, although my manager and staff already know me well enough to know that I am pretty serious about you, I need to confirm this with them as well. Lastly, I need to be honest with my agency, C-Jes, and inform them of our upcoming relationship and what safeguards need to be in place to protect us, our families, our careers, my loyal fans but most especially you from any form of harm should the time come for us to reveal our relationship or, God forbid, we get caught before we are ready to reveal our relationship and a dating scandal breaks out.”

EH full of wonder replies: “You’ve already thought of all this?” At YC’s nod, EH tearfully continues: “Thank you so much for your caring and thoughtfulness, ae-in. Although I can’t say anything to my family until after you come back to me after 2 weeks,” jokingly adding as an aside: “I don’t want to jinx anything. I will talk to my people at the House company about what needs to be done with regards to my existing CF contracts and whatever else our being in a relationship could affect career-wise as well as what safeguards also need to be in place to ensure that you, your loved ones, my family and my loyal fans but most especially you are not hurt in any way should we reveal our relationship in the future.”

YC: “You do that, jagi-ah, so in 2 weeks we can sit down together with our families to secure their blessing for us to date, then meet with our agencies to come up with a working plan on how to protect our relationship.”

Continuing to quietly but seriously discuss plans for the future with EH securely tucked beside YC by way of his arm around her shoulders, they spend the remaining hour contented under the protective and watchful eyes of their friends and staff members.   

 

MSM reluctantly breaks up the party by apologizing profusely to YC but adamantly saying that, for EH’s continued healing and good health she had to get EH to bed ASAP. Under cover of their staff and friends standing up to prepare to leave, YC gives EH a sweet but passionate kiss on the lips before looking EH deeply in the eyes and promising: “Wait for me, okay. Expect to hear from me on the first hour of the 2nd of February, exactly on the 15th day from today!” EH surprising YC with an equally sweet but swift kiss on the lips nods her head as she stands to join her staff and leave, fighting the tears that seem to be filling her eyes, not wanting YC to see her crying, she gives a watery smile of thanks to their remaining friends.

 

Sighing deeply, YC stands and thanks his friends with handshakes and a hug for OJS-hyung. He makes sure that all those who stayed with EH and him had a ride home before boarding his own van and going home. Looking around hoping to see EH’s van a small distance in front of his but sadly accepting that EH was probably asleep at home by now. Feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket, he takes it out and is pleasantly surprised to see a SMS from EH. Feeling energized he reads EH’s message: “Chunnie, honey, I arrived home safely but could not sleep. I feel that I need to thank you for today and all the days we shared together. Thank you for all the happy memories you made with me. Looking forward to making more beautiful memories with you in the future. See you on the 2nd of February!  Communication silence starts after this. Just wanted to have the rare opportunity to have the last say where ‘talking’ with you is concerned. Take care! I’m missing you already! Ottoke?” YC smiles and knows that this ‘last’ SMS from EH would be one that he would cherish and give him strength in the 2 weeks to come.