Chapter II – Yoon Eun Hye’s POV - Pre “Missing You” Premiere

Decision - A Turning Point

 

On that same day Yoon Eun Hye was seated in front of her work table at 84 over e store also nursing a cup of the hot chocolate that Park Yoo Chun gifted her as an alternative to drinking cups of coffee a day. EH was supposed to be working on designs for their bracelet line as well as helping her good friend and business partner, Kim Yoo Jin, in create new designs for their clothing line; but, she was just sitting there with a dreamy smile and a contagiously happy look on her face for 30 minutes now.  Kim Yoo Jin was walking towards YEH to see what she has done so far, but, one look at YEH’s demeanor makes her hesitate and decide to leave her with her happy thoughts,

Kim Yoo Jin knew that for the past months, EH has been taking time-out to rebuild her health, which was really bad towards the end of the filming of her last drama “Missing You”, accepting a few photo shoots here and there and a couple of appearances in events.  YEH was also in the process of choosing an upcoming project, whether a movie or a drama, that will showcase her talent to the fullest. But, more importantly, for the first time in a long while, her good and loyal friend has embarked on a romantic relationship with her latest co-star Park Yoo Chun and they have been keeping this fact under wraps; being very, very careful to keep their relationship a secret until they feel that it is strong enough to weather whatever consequences may arise when they decide to reveal their relationship to the public.  KYJ know that both YEH and PYC have been in the entertainment business for quite a while and know how K-entertainment works.  Both PYC and YEH are also very aware and careful of the effect their relationship may have to their fans who, as much as possible, they do not want to alienate in any way. KYJ is happy for her friend because YEH is truly happy and glowing these days and she deserves to be truly happy; but she is also so sad for these two very honest and straight-forward love-birds who are forced, at the moment, to hide their relationship to be able to preserve it. How ironic was that?  KYJ lets out a deep sigh and sends up a prayer for the relationship of YEH and PYC.

Unaware of what was going on around her, YEH’s thoughts was back around the middle of August 2012, she received the synopsis for the upcoming MBC Wednesday-Thursday drama “Missing You” a few weeks ago and she already loves the role of Lee Soo Yeon being offered to her.  It is a challenging project for her because it is her first melodrama and she will be portraying a character with a tragic past and a past love that she pretends to forget and hate. She is also familiar with the production since she has worked with them before with the KBS drama “Take Care of the Agassi/My Fair Lady”.  She has already decided to accept the role but has not yet formally informed the production.  YEH was struggling with the fact that her partner and the male lead is Park Yoo Chun.  She had no problem working with PYC per se, she worked with him in 2 episodes of X-man around 8 or 9 years ago and he seemed like a nice person.  In fact, they were even able to have a short but interesting conversation towards the end of the 2nd episode they did together.  Her worry was that, in every drama she worked with, dating rumours with her co-star always hounded her; maybe because she was one of the few actresses in K-Drama land who did not stand as still as a piece of rock with her eyes closed while being kissed by her co-leads.  Her fear was that, because PYC is an Idol, being a former member of ever popular TVXQ and now a member of the equally popular JYJ, YC had saesang fans who might believe whatever unfounded rumours that may come up during the filming and try to hurt her like what happened to her during her Baby VOX days when she was mistakenly hurt by a saesang fan of a boy band which caused permanent damage to her eye.  Because YEH really wanted to do the drama, she decided to talk to the production team about her worry and see what safeguards they can give as guarantee to prevent any dating rumours that may arise from the filming of the drama, after all, she was not naive and she knew it was impossible to have a love story, no matter how melodramatic in would be, and not to have at least one kissing scene with the male co-lead and maybe even one with the male 2nd lead thrown in as well.  YEH also wanted to stay true to herself and would prefer not to have a kissing scene at all if she had to act with no emotions during a kiss; this was really something she felt strongly about.   After her meeting with the production, YEH formally accepted the role of LSY by early September but requested that no confirmation be issued to the media until after her birthday in October.  She was aware though that the production had an obligation to inform PYC of her decision but she asked the production to request YC to please keep the casting information to himself and to only inform the people he fully trusted until the formal announcement of her casting was made.

YEH met PYC again, after 8 or 9 years, during the filming of the teaser for “Missing You” she knew that she was being overly reserved and formal towards YC but there were so many cameras around and she did not want to be misunderstood.  She tried to show YC that she was okay with working with him by smiling and laughing with YC while they were discussing the scene/s to be shot with the director and cameraman out of the cameras filming possible BTS footages range but she also knew from the looks YC was giving her that her actions were confusing him and she was afraid that YC might be misunderstanding her actions and thinking that she was bi-polar and, even worst, that she will be hard to work with.  YEH decided that she will find time to have a talk with PYC and be honest with him by expressing her fear with possible rumours and saesang fans.  She really found YC very nice and funny and felt that, if only she will be honest with YC, he will understand her situation and even be able to help her.  Although YC was 20 months younger than her, he seemed like a man she could depend on.

During the Poster photo shoot, because of the theme of the shoot, YEH had to distance herself from PYC, again, so that she can give the right ‘feel’ for the poster pictures.  So far, she had only filmed her Jeju island scenes with Yoo Seung Ho, who played the 2nd lead role of Harry Borrison/Kang Hyung Jun, and had already bonded with him.  She had already decided to treat him like a younger brother; after all, he was 9 years younger than her and was pretty shy, so she was mainly talking to him during shooting breaks in the group shots where the four leads had to stay in their positions until the photographer was satisfied with the shoot. Although YC tried to join in and she was happy to include him in the conversation, she had to stay in character.  When the time came to shoot together with YC, she tried to be relaxed and friendly but the blasted cameras around them kept her from being her natural self.  YEH decided that this will not do at all and that she will have to find the opportunity to explain herself to YC ASAP or they might waste their intense on-screen chemistry if they cannot build a viable working relationship soon.

YEH made time to talk with YC during a break on the first day they shot a scene together.  They were in a private area with no cameras around them and they were surrounded only by their individual staff members. YEH was so relieved to be able to explain herself to YC.  YEH was impressed by YC’s understanding and acceptance of her fear and worry. He even went so far as to instantly promise that he would do everything in his power to prevent any dating rumours from coming out during filming and to protect her in whatever way he can.  She also found out that day that they shared the same strange sense of humour and this made her relax more in YC’s presence; almost instantly it was like those 8 or 9 years of not seeing each other faded away and they were able to form a viable friendship.

By the time the MY pre premiere Press Conference came around. YEH felt comfortable enough to joke around with YC backstage when no cameras were around and was more at ease during the photo session and general media interview as well as the private cast interview where YEH felt comfortable enough to keep smiling and laughing at YC’s antics while answering the interviewer’s questions as well as teasing YSH.  YEH was slowly starting to see the mature, funny and caring side of YC that she did not expect to find in someone younger than her.  She was also finding out that YC and she had a lot of things in common when it came to their personalities and character traits.  She was slowly finding out that working with YC was not as stressful because he was willingly sharing the burden of making the drama a success.  YEH was looking forward to working in the drama despite the physical difficulties brought about by the weather, the many draining emotional and crying scenes and the rush in filming schedule because a of young man named YC, who promised to protect her, was also there to share her burdens.