Chapter 1 - Park Yoo Chun’s POV - Pre “Missing You” premiere

Decision - A Turning Point

It’s July 29, 2013 and well into the 3rd quarter of the year. Park Yoo Chun is sitting in front of his keyboard drinking his hot chocolate, supposedly, trying to compose the music and lyrics for a new song that has been running in his head.  But, his thoughts refuse to cooperate with him; his mind wants to go down memory lane, again, to the past 9 months or so. This brings such a beautiful smile on Yoo Chun’s face that makes him seem to glow as his thoughts fly back in time. Yoo Hwan, his younger brother, seated in the sofa facing him, cannot fail but notice this and smiles happily, but secretly, along with him.   

YH can’t help but envy, in a nice way, the joy, happiness and so many positive changes he has seen in his beloved Hyung since YC started exclusively dating Yoon Eun Hye noona.  He knows that his Omma has also fallen in love with EH noona as well because she is really such a beautiful person, in and out, very respectful towards them (his Omma and him) and is taking very good care of his Hyung.  He likes the fact that EH noona is very down to earth and has an air of quite dignity, you can’t help but respect her. YH hopes that, in the future, he could find a woman just like EH noona in character and personality for himself.  About to tease YC about zoning out once again, instead of concentrating on his work, YH hesitates and decides to leave quietly and allow YC to enjoy his happy thoughts.

YC’s thoughts had gone back in time when he was already committed to be cast as Han Jung Woo, the Male Lead in the MBC upcoming Wednesday-Thursday melodrama  “Missing You” and he was still awaiting news of who has finally been cast as Lee Soo Yeon, his partner.  He knew that the production was working hard on this and he really did not mind who will finally be cast in the role because he knew that he can get along with almost anybody, but, he was really hoping that Yoon Eun Hye would accept the role.  He has always had a good image of YEH and good memories of working with her all those years ago in X-man.  At least YEH would not be a total stranger and they had followed the same path from being Idol singers of a group that eventually, as a solo artist, ventured successfully into acting.  There was a very big possibility of their being able to work well together in the drama.  He was already receiving some teasing from his JYJ group members, Jae Joong and Jun Su, about the possibility of his being paired-off with YEH but he really did not mind because he was actually hoping to work with her.  Besides, JJ and JS knew him too well and he could not hide his growing excitement as time flew by and no news that YEH has rejected the role has come out.  A month and a half before the scheduled filming YC was informed of EH acceptance of the role, although he was also asked to keep the news secret per EH’s request. YC was so excited and very much looking forward to seeing EH again in person as well as working with her after all these years.  He has heard so many positive feedbacks from other celebrities and production staff members who have worked with her and was so looking forward to the experience of working with her on a prolonged, continuing basis.  Also, YC could not understand why he had this gut feeling that something really wonderful will come out of this collaboration with YEH in the drama.

YC met EH again, for the first time in 8 years, for the filming of the teaser for MY by the flickering street lamp post set.  YC had to admit that he was a little disappointed because EH was so reserved.  Although she smiled a lot and laughed when he tried to ease the awkwardness with his jokes; but when EH noticed cameras around, she would back-off immediately and act so formally. This was so different from the image he had of YEH from years back as an easy-going young lady and from the roles she played.  He decided to shrug this off and think that YEH was not feeling 100% well because of her eye-infection and the fact that they have not yet established a viable working relationship.  During the poster photo shoot for the drama, he observed the same thing. When the lights were out and no cameras were rolling, EH was easy to talk to and would smile and laugh at his jokes but whenever she notices what might be Behind The Scene filming or cameras trained on them, she would be reserved and formal again.  He also observed that EH acted differently with Yoo Seung Ho, the younger actor playing the second lead role of Harry Borrison/Kang Hyung Jun; with him, YEH was more easy-going and a lot more relaxed.  She was acting like YSH’s noona trying to make him feel comfortable by having a conversation with YSH during the photo shoot breaks while they had to hold their positions.  Well, as far as he knew, YSH and YEH have already filmed their Jeju Island scenes plus a photo shoot for the portrait on the wall so he felt that they may have bonded while they were there; whereas YEH and he still had to start filming together. 

During the Press Conference before the premiere episode of the drama, YC was at ease, he had filmed several scenes with YEH and they have already established a very good rapport between them.  Although EH was still reserved when there were cameras around them, she was much more relaxed and easy-going toward him behind the scenes when no cameras were around.  She was one of the few people who seemed to understand and appreciates his jokes and would always laugh or smile with him whenever he cracks a joke.  He had also heard about YEH’s brush with a saesang fan of an Idol male group while she was still a member of the girl group Baby VOX that caused some permanent damage to her eye and he now understood why she was very reserved whenever she was anywhere near him in public; why she could not be relaxed and easy-going with him when cameras were rolling in their vicinity so he tried to follow her lead.  He had already made a promise to himself that he would protect EH and make sure that no hint of scandal would come out about them while they were filming the drama to ease her fear. 

YC wondered why he felt such an overwhelming urge to protect YEH but put in down to the character he was playing; since HJW was also very protective towards LSY and also because, while filming, the director, production staff and their other co-stars all called them by their character’s names and not their real names so he thought that intensified his feelings of protectiveness and caring toward YEH.

 

Note: Next Chapter YEH’s POV pre MY premiere.