Epilogue

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Dara tapped her foot impatiently as she folded her arms and huffed in irritation. She raised her wrist and glanced down at her watch. She clicked her tongue and furrowed her eyebrows angrily.

     The couple sitting before her exchanged wide-eyed looks as they sat upright in their seats. The man nudged the woman with his elbow and nodded towards Dara. The woman pouted and glanced nervously at the fuming woman before her.

     “Try and relax, Dara…I’m sure Jiyong will be here soon.” She called out soothingly. “One does not simply make a pregnant woman wait!” Dara exclaimed in frustration as she pointed at her huge belly, “He’s already an hour late, the waiters are all looking at us! We haven’t ordered anything!”  

     “Well…we did order beverages…” the man trailed off as Dara shot him a glare. “Keep that mouth shut, Choi Seunghyun.” Bom cast her husband a warning glance and looked back at Dara, “Why don’t you call home and check how Ji Wook is doing?”

     Dara’s face lit up as she quickly fished out her phone and dialled a number. Bom and Seunghyun sighed in relief as Dara placed the phone by her ear.

     “Ji Wook ahh!” she called out happily with a cute smile, “Is ahjumma Kim taking good care of you?”

     “Ahhh, chincha? You must be very happy.”

     “Ah, neh, appa and omma will be back soon okay? Sleep early if you are tired, darling.”

     “Nehhhh, byebye Ji Wook-ahhh! Arasso, arasso.”

     Bom and Seunghyun perked up in their seats as man rushed into the restaurant with messy hair and a frantic look on his face. Seunghyun rasied his hand and waved the man over.

     Jiyong ran over to the table and stopped beside Dara as he panted heavily. “Dara…” he called out guiltily.

     “Byeeee!” Dara’s smile was etched on her face until she cut the call. With cold, angry eyes, she looked up at her husband who gulped and held his breath.

     “Do you know something a lot of women will experience during pregnancies, Jiyong?” Dara called out in a little too sweet voice as she smiled sweetly. Jiyong gulped again, “Extreme m-mood swings?”

     “Yes…” Dara nodded as her smile slowly faded as she lowered her head. Her head shot back up and she glared at Jiyong, “THEN WHY THE FCK ARE YOU LATE YOU JERK YOU ARE AN HOUR LATE WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?!?!”

     Jiyong took a step back in shock and forced a smile. “I-I’m sorry, baby, really, I was caught up in work and-”

     “YOU MADE US WAIT FOR YOU. YOU MADE ME A PREGNANT WOMAN WAIT FOR YOU. YOU-” Dara went on with a whole string of curses. Bom shot up from her cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter