Storytime

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*This is a double update. So read the previous chapter if you haven't.

 

***

 

Third Person’s POV

     “D-Dara…” Jaejoong stuttered as Dara glared daggers at him mercilessly. K began to laugh manically as he slapped his son’s back, “What a shock, eh?”

     Without moving her eyes, Dara gritted her teeth, “Yeah.”

     Nero perked its little head up, and upon seeing Jaejoong, it cawed menacingly and flew down to the ground beside Dara.

     Jaejoong turned to his father, “Father, why didn’t you inform me of her capture?”

     “Because I knew you were busy planning every single detail of our plan and didn’t want to drag you into our last-minute decision of capturing her.” K beamed as he glanced at Dara.

     “Why, Jaejoong?!” Dara screamed as she pounded her fists on the clear wall angrily, “Aren’t you a fallen too?!”

     K threw his head back and laughed as Jaejoong diverted his gaze away with a cold face.

     “He, a fallen?!” K exclaimed, obviously amused, “Why, that must be how he earned your trust. You thought he was like you, didn’t you? Oh my, you’re dead wrong. He has the third highest position in hell. What do you think, Sandara?”

     Dara widened her eyes slightly and looked at Jaejoong who refused to meet her eyes. “Jaejoong, look at me!” she burst furiously.

     Jaejoong pressed his lips together firmly and looked away nonchalantly.

     “Now that you’re captured, Sandara,” K smiled menacingly, “My son doesn’t have to play friends with you anymore.”

     Dara clenched her fist, “I trusted you, Jaejoong.”

     Something flashed in Jaejoong’s eyes as he turned to look at her. “Too bad for you then.” He replied coldly.

     “Did you even really treat me as a friend, Jaejoong?!” Dara demanded, her eyes b with tears.

     K smirked. “My, my, Sandara dear. We devils, in fact, hate angels to the core.” He folded his arms, “You’re an angel, Sandara. What makes you think Jaejoong really treated you as a friend? He was merely acting.”

     Dara dropped to her knees as she hung her head.

     “Just what do you want with me?” she whispered helplessly.

     “Like I said earlier on, your soul gem.”

     Dara lifted her head and raised a brow, “And you suppose I know what a soul gem is?”

     “It is a special gem that is in the bodies of angels and devils. But for your case, it’s even more special because you are half-mortal.”

     Dara widened her eyes slightly.

     “That is why you age…and the only thing that separates you from the other mortals is your soul gem. Once your soul gem is taken, your powers will be taken along with it, and that’s what we want.”

     “I’m half-mortal.” Dara said softly, “And you want a half-mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter