Nest Of Lies

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kamsahamida to those who subscribed and came here through my first fanfic 'Change' :D 

Your support is much loved ;D

And make sure to read the foreword, kay? ;)

 

***

 

Third person’s POV

     Dara lifted the brush and drew it across the canvas, painting a sleek, blue line with a few different tones. Just as she was about to start properly, the door unlocked.

     She stiffened and turned around as a maid nervously poked her head in.

     “Ms. Dara…” she bowed her head slightly, “I’m here with your breakfast.”

     Dara raised her brow when the maid just stared nervously at her. “Why do you look so scared?” her voice was soft, gentle.

     “Are you…going to try and escape again?” the maid asked worriedly.

     Dara smiled weakly. She had been trying to escape for countless of times now, but she always failed.

      “No.” Dara smiled reassuringly, “Please, come in.” She put the palette and brush down onto the high stool beside her and walked over to where the maid was slowly rolling the cart in.

     As Dara neared her, the maid instinctively stepped to the side, blocking Dara from the door.

     Dara sighed softly, “Please don’t worry. Even if I escaped, you guys would find me…like you always do.”

     The maid bit her lip and nodded.

     “Y-Yes…Please, enjoy your breakfast.” She hurried out of the room and Dara sighed as the door clicked, indicating that it was now locked.

     Dara glanced at the plates of food and walked over to the window.

     She stared far ahead as she recalled that one time where she managed to run further than usual, out to the roads where cars drove by every now and then.

     The house she was in was huge, and it was right in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees, trees, and more trees.

     She recalled how she had felt so light when she first saw the road. A pair of wide brown eyes flashed in her head and her heart skipped a beat.

     The guy had spoken to her.

    She sighed softly. I didn’t even apologise for running out in front of him all of a sudden…

    When was the last time she had seen someone who WASN’T working to keep her locked in? That must have been…years ago.

     Dara sighed softly as she folded her arms.

     One would probably think that since Dara had spent all her life locked away at home, she was clueless and didn’t know a thing about the outside world.

     But she did. She was home-schooled by some of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter