Cold Shoulder

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

     I looked down at the small bottle in my hands and clutched it tight as I took a deep breath.

     I looked up and stared at myself in the mirror.

     “Ask him straight, Dara.” I whispered to myself fiercely, “Confident and strong.”

     I took a deep breath again and opened my palm to stare at the bottle again. I held it up between my fingers and brought it up to the light.

     “Where are the purple swirls?” I murmured as I furrowed my eyebrows. The liquid was now completely black, looking thick and like black velvet.

     “Maybe it’s just the lighting…” I shrugged.

     I slipped the bottle into my bag and quickly walked out of the bathroom.

 

 

     I walked into class, and my eyes narrowed at the guy already seated at his seat, reading a book.

     I walked over to my seat and sat down, swinging my bag down onto the floor confidently as I crossed my legs.

     My head was turned halfway towards him when he suddenly whipped his head towards me and flashed a huge smile, “Morning, Dara!”

     I froze, and I could feel my confidence slipping away from me.

     So much for being confident and strong.

     “M-Morning, Jae.” I smiled meekly.

     Jaejoong cocked his head and looked at me, amusement dancing in his eyes, “You seem tense…is something up?”

     “A-Ani!” I croaked.

     I’m so nervous. I sound like a frog.

     He raised a brow and smiled, “Okay then.” He turned his attention back to his book as I mentally slapped myself.

     So much for asking him straight.

 

***

 

Third person’s POV

     “You couldn’t do it?” Jiyong raised a brow.

     For Jiyong and Dara, it had become a common thing to sit under the huge tree outside together during lunch break.

      “I couldn’t…” Dara sighed, “I felt weak the moment he looked at me and smiled.”

     “Yah!” Jiyong suddenly snapped, “Don’t tell me you’re falling for him!” Dara turned to him with wide eyes.

     “Ani! Why would you say that?!” she gasped.

     “You said you felt weak when he smiled at you!” Jiyong glared at her, “Yah! You absolutely can’t fall for him!”

     For some reason, Dara felt her cheeks warm up as her heart pounded a little faster, “I-I’m not…”

     Jiyong felt anger surge in him upon seeing Dara’s blushing face and reply.

     “Yah…you little bunny…” he began, his voice dangerously low.

     “W-What? Bunny?!” Dara gasped.

     “Don’t you even dare fall for that Kim jerk!” he burst.

     Dara suddenly felt irritated when Jiyong had suddenly burst at her. She clenched her fist and narrowed her eyes.

     “What if I do huh?!” she exclaimed furiously, “What right do you have to tell me that?!”

     “Dara!” Jiyong exclaimed angrily as he shot up to his feet.

     “Jiyong!” she screamed back as she got up. She narrowed her eyes at him, “You’re being really unreasonable and emotional today…”

     Jiyong didn’t reply. He himself didn’t know why his reaction was so big.

     “Bye, Ji.” Dara said coldly and walked off.

     “W-Wait…” his voice died down as Dara walked away faster.

     “Aisht!” he sighed as he clenched his fist and punched the tree trunk.

 

***

 

Dara’s POV

     I looked up at the same time Jiyong walked into the classroom. His steps faltered as he locked eyes with me.

     I blinked, then turned away as he started walking towards me. I turned back and watched as he walked past his seat, right towards me.

     “Dara.”

     “Yes?” I looked up at him.

     “You see…”

     “Get back to your seat, everybody!”

     I turned to see the teacher dumping his books onto the table as Jiyong clenched his fist. “Can I talk to you later?” he asked softly, looking down at me.

     “Depends on my mood.” I replied emotionlessly. I don’t know why I feel like I want to be cold to him.

     “Dara…” Jiyong pleaded softly.

     “Back to your seat!”

     A few girls sent me a few death glares when they noticed Jiyong staring at me, not moving from his spot.

     “Hey, Jiyong.”

     Jiyong looked up at the sound of Jaejoong’s voice and clenched his fist. “You do know you’re holding the class up, right?” Jaejoong cocked a brow while smiling innocently.

     “Shut up, Jae.” Jiyong snarled and he turned and walked back to his seat.

     Why is he being so rude? We’re not even sure if Jaejoong is…well, normal.

     I turned and smiled apologetically at Jaejoong and he just smiled reassuringly back in return.

 

 

     I walked out of the cubicle and headed to the sinks.

     “You’re such a b*tch.”

     I looked up to see two girls glaring at me with their arms folded. They looked familiar…are they in my class?”

     “Excuse me?” I arched a brow as I flexed the water off my hands. “Getting close to Jiyong AND Jaejoong!” the one with orange-brown hair gritted her teeth, “You’re abusing your power as queenka!”

     I cocked my head, my head in a blur for a moment.

     Ah, that’s right, I’m a queenka…

     “I completely forgot I was one.” I replied nonchalantly as I planted my hands on the edge of the sink and stared stra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter