Burnt and Gone

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

     “Arasso. I’ll make some milk for you.” Jiyong said softly as he got out of the bed.

     “Gomawo.” I whispered as I hung my head low.

     The image of the man and the woman flashed again in my head, and this time, there was a whisper.

     As the vision played again, the whisper got clearer, and I felt myself tremble at the word.

    “Dara-”

     The moment I felt the warmth of Jiyong’s hand near my face, I suddenly felt afraid.

     Afraid for him.

     “Don’t touch me!” I screamed as I raised my hand quickly. I felt something surge through me as my hair got blown by a gust of strong wind.

     But how can there be wind in my room?

     There was rustle and a loud groan as I slowly lifted my head.

      Jiyong was on the ground three meters away, groaning in pain as he slowly opened his eyes. My eyes grew wider as he turned to me with eyes filled with shock.

     Did I just-?

     No, it can’t be.

     I felt my eyes water as I started to tremble uncontrollably. I drew my hand back as I buried my face in my palms.

     Just…what am I?

 

***

 

Third Person’s POV

     “What just…what…Dara…” Jiyong slowly whispered, still taken aback by what just happened.

     “D-Don’t…Jiyong…” He could hear Dara’s muffled sob as she cried silently.

     She pushed me…with a strong gust of wind, Jiyong thought slowly, Her hand didn’t even touch me…, Jiyong furrowed his brows.

     Fear began to creep into him as his eyes flickered up to the petite, trembling form on top of the bed.

     What is she?

     As Dara slowly lifted her head, Jiyong didn’t even think.

     He got up quickly and ran out of the room.

 

***

 

Jiyong’s POV

     No.

     NO.

     ANI.

     THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.

     I paced back and forth in my room as I bit down on my lip while scratching my head.

     Dara…she…

     “Just pushed me away like that!” I exclaimed incredulously as I threw my arms wide open, “H-How is that possible?”

     I recalled seeing the shocked, frightened look on Dara’s face and knew that she herself didn’t know what was going on.

     I felt like running back to her, and holding her in my arms.

     But…NO HUMAN JUST PUSHES SOMEONE AWAY WITH A FORCE THAT JUST POPPED OUT OF NOWHERE.

     I clenched my fists and tried to calm my breathing.

     It’s not like I can ignore the fact of what just happened.

     I took a deep breath, and headed straight for Dara’s room.

 

***

 

Third Person’s POV

     Dara was still hugging her knees while sitting on her bed when Jiyong walked in. Her head was buried in her knees as her brown curls cascaded down her sides beautifully.

     “Dara…”

     Dara slowly looked up, and her lips parted when she saw Jiyong standing before her.

     A few meters away.

     He’s afraid.

     “You came back…” she whispered, “Why?”

     “What are you?” he asked flatly.

     “I don’t know.” Dara’s voice began to tremble as her eyes grew teary once again.

     “Exactly. That’s the reason why I came back.”

     Dara cocked her head, “Huh?”

     “You were locked away without a reason for eighteen years, Dara. Eighteen years in the woods.” Jiyong began, “There is probably lots of things you don’t know about yourself.”

     Dara was silent for a moment.

     “You believe in the supernatural?” Dara asked softly.

     “What else can you be?” Jiyong raised his brow, “A super hero?”

     Dara found herself smiling softly at his words.

     Jiyong felt his heart flutter at her smile. “You can’t possibly be anything bad…” he said as he started to walk over to her. He ruffled her hair and poked her soft cheeks, “This…is far from anything evil.”

     Dara smiled weakly, “I really don’t know, Ji… My visions…they’re all so…frightening. Bloody.”

     Jiyong felt frightened for a moment, but seeing the helplessness and confusion in Dara’s eyes, his fear just faded away.

     “They could be memories…” he said softly, “What memories do you have right now?”

     Dara thought for a moment, “Memories of when I was 6 and below are very blur. From 7 to 16…I honestly don’t remember anything special. Because every single day was the same.”

     “Same?” Jiyong found himself whispering.

     Dara nodded, “Only when I was 17…did I start wanting to run away.”

     Jiyong nodded and sat down beside her as Dara watched him think.

     He then noticed the little purple jewel on Dara’s necklace glowing. Not sparkling udner the light like other crystals would.

     It was glowing.

     He reached his finger out and touched it. But the moment his skin made contact with it, a burning sensation was felt as he gasped sharply and pulled his finger back.

     He stared at the red spot on his finger as Dara stared at his finger, trembling slightly. “W-Why?” she stuttered softly as she slowly, cautiously reached for the jewel.

     But she could pick it up, and it felt strangely cool against her skin.

     Jiyong just stared at the jewel and furrowed his brows, “Where did you get that?”

     “It’s been with me since birth…” Dara whispered, “I’ve never asked where this was from.” She touched the jewel as it continued to glow.

     “I see…” Jiyong murmured.

     Slowly, she lifted her head and stared at Jiyong helplessly. “They were whispering my name, Jiyong…” she said softly, her eyes filled with pain.

     That was what the man and the woman in her vision had whispered.

     Her name.

     “Sandara…”

     “Who?” Jiyong raised his brow. “This man and woman in my vision…or memories…” Dara said softly, “I’ve never seen them before. But I feel like…I know them.”

     Jiyong stared at her for a moment, “I can’t believe I’m actually staying calm over this but,” He laughed awkwardly, “You do know that this…cannot be explained scientifically, right?”

     Dara bit her lip and nodded, “There’s no way that this is related to anything science.”

     Dara entwined her fingers as Jiyong cocked his head and watched as fear flashed in her eyes.

     “I’m afraid. Because I feel like…there’s so much being hidden from me. My parents never told me anything, and sometimes wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter