Control

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

     I stared down at the water basin in front of me and took a deep breath. I was seated on the floor of my room, with a round basin of water in front of me.

     I stared at the water intently, trying to see if I felt anything different in me. I raised my hand slowly above the water and tried to ‘exert’ force.

     Nothing happened, and for the fourth time, my hand dropped as I groaned helplessly.

     “What is this?” I whined, shaking my shoulders as I glared at the basin of water. “Again, Dara, again…” I calmed myself and breathed in slowly, “This takes practice…”

     “And time.” I mumbled in irritation.

     I positioned my hand near the surface of the water and closed my eyes as I cleared my head and steadied my breathing. I felt something cold touching the area above my chest, but I ignored it when I felt something in me stir.

     I slowly lifted my hand, and opened my eyes.

     My eyes grew large as I stiffened.

     A stream of water had risen from the basin of the water and had stopped just inches below my palm. I looked down to the purple gem of my necklace, it was glowing a beautiful azure.

     I took a deep breath and tried not to get too freaked out…by myself.

     I moved my hand towards the right, and like clear crystal velvet, the stream of water followed. I drew my hand back slowly, and the stream of water followed obediently.

     My index finger was pointed out as my other fingers bent slightly. I moved my finger to the right, and the water followed. My hand went up and down gracefully, like I was drawing hills in the air. The water followed, and for a moment, I imagined it as a snake.

     Then, I shot my hand out to the empty space in front of me. The water moved fast, and hit the ground with a splash.

     For some reason, I felt…energetic, confident. I got up and bit my lip as I stared at the puddle of water. I raised my hand, and shot my fingers out sharply, particularly my index finger.

     There was a crackling sound, and the puddle of water slowly turned to ice.

     I was getting excited, and a smile slowly formed on my face.

     Lifting both hands, I clenched my fists and watched as cracks formed on the ice. I bent my hands upwards with my fingers pointed up as bits and pieces of ice slowly rose up.

     Using my right hand, I swung it down towards the basin, and half of the floating ice rocketed towards the basin and struck the water with ‘plop’ sounds.

     I smiled, and with a graceful movement of my fingers on the left hand, the remaining pieces of ice in the air turned to water. My eyes twinkled excitedly, the water looked like clear crystal balls of different sizes floating in the air.

     Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, my eyes lost focus and the water in the air trembled and fell to the ground.

     “Dara?”

     I looked up from the water on the floor to the closed door. “Youngbae?” I called out.

     “Hey, the boys and I just came back!” he said, “Anything you want for dinner?”

     I thought for a moment, “I thought I’m the one who’s cooking?”

     “It’s fine. I feel like cooking today!”

     “Okay then.” I smiled cheekily, “Anything edible is fine!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter