Pending Hearts

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong’s POV

     *Knock Knock*

     I sat up from my bed and looked at the door, “Come in!”

     I watched as the door slowly opened, and a small foot stepped in followed by Dara’s innocent face accompanied with huge eyes.

     She stared at me for a while, seemingly thinking before she stepped in fully and closed the door behind her. She had a glass of water in her hands.

     “Is something up?” I struggled to keep my voice cool, even though I was dying to know why she was in here when she had been giving me the cold shoulder earlier on.

     “I learnt something…” she said softly as she slowly looked down at the glass of water.

     I crossed my legs and cocked my head as she slowly walked closer to me, “What did you learn?”

     She seemed nervous as she shifted her weight from her left foot to her right foot. She bit her lip and threw the water onto the floor.

     I widened my eyes in shock as she stared nervously up at me. “Mianhe.” She raised a brow sheepishly.

     She bent down and placed the glass down beside her before straightening herself and staring intently at the water on the floor.

     “Dara…what are you doing?” I furrowed my brows.

     “Shush, Ji.” Her voice was gentler than usual.

     She slowly raised a hand, and as ripples rippled across the water, a stream of water slowly rose up. The top was a little sharp, and it reminded me of an icicle.

     She curled her fingers swiftly, and the water twirled. Her hand moved gracefully through the air, and the stream of water followed suit like a satin ribbon.

     She lifted her other hand and pulled it towards the opposite direction, causing the stream of water to split into two. She twirled her hands downwards, and the stream of water followed beautifully.

     She suddenly lifted her hands in a swift motion, making the water shoot up quickly. And as her fingers stopped with a sharp halt, the water froze and slowly turned into ice as the tip of her fingers bent slowly.

     Her hands flew to opposite sides, making the ice break into small pieces. The ice floated in mid-air, distorting the image of her I was seeing. She curled her fingers into clenched fists, and the pieces of ice turned into water balls.

     Moving her right hand across swiftly, the water balls fused together and as she shot her hand down towards the glass on the floor, the water shot back into the glass, arching like a crystal rainbow.

     I was speechless as she slowly looked up at me.

     “I can do more than control liquid too…” she said softly as her hand hovered high above the glass of water. Slowly, the glass trembled and slowly rose up, tipping from side to side, looking like it was being pulled up by a piece of string.

     She furrowed her brows in concentration as she slowly moved her hand towards me. The glass moved towards me slowly and before it could tip low enough for the water to spill out onto my bed, I reached out and grabbed the glass.

     I stared at the glass, then up at her. She bit her lip and raised a brow, “You’re not freaked out…right?”

     “That was…” I paused, “Cool.”

     “Controlling liquid seemed easier than expected.” She shrugged slightly, “Making things levitate…telekinesis…is a lot harder.”

     “Woah.” A smile slowly formed on my face, “Just what are you?”

      I expected a snarky reply, but I guess I said the wrong words, because the ghost of a smile on her face faded immediately as something dark clouded her eyes.

     “I want to know that too…” she said softly, her voice lacking the emotions I wanted to hear. She stared at the glass of water in my hand and cocked her head slowly.

     “I thought my powers were pretty cool. It was fun.” She sighed softly, “But then…me having these powers…just what am I?”

     “You’re Dara.” I said, “Sandara Park.”

     She cocked her brow, amusement in her eyes, “I know that, Ji. And you know that’s not what I meant. I said what not who.”

      I rubbed the back of my neck and laughed awkwardly. “Just trying to make you smile.” I shrugged.

     Dara smiled, “Uhuh.”

     “I thought you were giving me the cold shoulder?” I smirked.

     “I needed someone to talk to about this.” Dara shrugged as her cheeks turned a little pink. “Uhuh.” I smirked, copying her earlier reply.

     Dara smiled, but her smile faded when she furrowed her eyebrows, looking like she just remembered something.

     “Jiyong…Jaejoong can’t possibly be bad…” she began.

     “What?” I cocked a brow, “How do you know?”

     “Because he-” she hesitated and bit her lip. “Dara.” My voice held a warning tone, “Tell me.”

     “He said he liked me, Ji.”

     Ouch.

     Okay, my chest just hurt.

     “What?” I furrowed my brows.

     “Jaejoong confessed today that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter