Finding a Face I Can't Remember

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     He ran as fast as he could towards the girl with long brown curls cascaded down her back. He panted wildly as he pushed through crowds and ignored strings of curses.

     He reached the girl, grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. An unfamiliar, shocked face met him as the girl furrowed her brows. “What do you want?” her voice was unfamiliarly high and pitchy.

     His hand dropped to his side as he looked away in disappointment. “Sorry. Wrong person.” He muttered simply before turning and walking away. The girl scoffed and continued walking.

     As he blended in with the crowd on the busy white street, his hopeful eyes wandered around, hoping to catch a glimpse of long chocolate curls.

     The sun was shining brightly, radiantly, but it was freezing cold. After all, it was winter. He glanced down at his watch and sighed softly. “I’m late.” He muttered.

 

***

 

Jiyong’s POV

     “Finally!” the boys gasped in exasperation as I approached their table while raking my hair. “Sorry, I’m late.” I shrugged with a sheepish smile as I slipped into my seat. “Why are you late, hyung?” Seungri pouted just as a waiter came over to take my order.

     “I’ll take a cappuccino, thanks.” I said quickly and the waiter walked away with a nod. I turned back to the pouting guy and raised a brow as I shrugged off my thick coat.

     “Why are you late?” he repeated with a pout. “Don’t try and act cute, Seungri.” I scoffed. Seungri rolled his eyes and pouted further, “CL loves it when I pout!”

     “I never said that, you rat!” came a fierce snap as three girls stopped beside our table. “CL baby, you’re here!” Seungri flashed an innocent smile as CL glared at him. I waved to Bom and Minzy as they sat down beside their boyfriends.

     “So why were you late, Ji?” Youngbae asked as he sipped his iced tea. Everyone gave me a knowing look as my cappuccino arrived. “Thanks.” I muttered quietly and turned my gaze back towards them, “You know why.”

      “You grabbed some girl with brown curls and spun her around again, right?” Seunghyun huffed. I shrugged as I stirred my cappuccino slowly, watching the white milk swirl and blend in with the coffee.

     “It’s been a year, Jiyong.” Bom said sadly as she stared at me with soft eyes, “Maybe you should-” 

     “I’m not going to give up on her.” I said firmly. “You don’t even remember how she looks like!” Bom exclaimed with furrowed brows. I looked up and glared at her, “That’s not a reason to give up.”

     “I don’t like the way you’re glaring at Bom, Kwon Jiyong.” Seunghyun muttered in a warning tone as Jiyong looked at him. “It’s okay.” Bom patted Seunghyun’s hand.

     “I can remember everything else! Her name – Sandara Park, who she really is, the moments we shared…everything…except for her face…” I trailed off as I lowered my gaze, “But I know I still love her! And the fact that my memories came back just shows I was never meant to forget her!”

     It has been a year since my memories came back. Two months before that, I had begun experiencing severe headaches and flashes of scenes I’ve never seen before in my life. I had wonderful dreams of being with a girl I really loved, and nightmares about losing her.

     When my memories came back, I remembered everything. Everything but her face. Seunghyun and the rest had told me that one week before I got back my memories, the girl in my dreams had been granted her wish and desire to become a human, and was back in Seoul.

     “Even if you were never meant to forget her…” Bom spoke quietly, “That doesn’t mean you are meant to find her again, and be with her.”

     Seunghyun looked at his girlfriend with shocked eyes. “Unnie!” Minzy gasped sharply. “Bom, what are you saying?” Daesung furrowed his brows.

     I stared at Bom with impassive eyes. “I can’t believe you.” My sigh came out as a scoff as I rose from my seat while grabbing my coat.

     “Where are you going?! We have school in a bit!” Youngbae yelled as I turned and walked away. “I don’t give a damn about school anymore!” I yelled back and left the café.

     “Why the hell did you say that, Bom?” Seunghyun furrowed his brows in disbelief as Bom wiped a tear that was rolling down her cheek.   

     “Dara wouldn’t have wanted Jiyong to live his life like that – desperately searching for a face he can’t remember.” Bom’s lips trembled as she clutched onto Seunghyun’s hand, “And she’s in Seoul now, living as a human, if she wanted to be with him, she would’ve found him already!”

     “Are you saying that Dara doesn’t want to be with Jiyong anymore?” CL furrowed her brows. “It has been more than a year… She didn’t even try and find us.” Bom mumbled sadly.

     Everyone exchanged disheartened looks. “It just makes no sense.” Bom cried and buried her face in her hands.

 

***

 

Third Person’s POV

     Jiyong had been wandering around Seoul for the whole day. He had skipped school, and ignored the calls and messages from his friends. It was now evening, and he was seated on a bench in a park watching the sun set.

     He felt his phone buzzing in his jeans pocket and scowled. He pulled it out and glared at the screen. Bom was calling. He rolled his eyes slightly, pressed the ‘ignore’ button, and turned the phone off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter