What I can't do

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(A/N) Just to let you guys know, I'm going on hiatus, wait actually...maybe considered semi-hiatus cos' the start of my exams are coming in like, two weeks and school is starting again tmr. I still have one more chapter and another half-done one so maybe I can post them during the one month plus I'm on semi-hiatus :)

Hope you guys understand ^^

 

There'll be another (A/N) at the bottom heh x)

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara’s POV

     “Remember to hold the penknife straight when cutting the plastic!” the art teacher warned again for the fifth time, “Or you might cut yourself!”

     “Argh!” I gasped softly as I dropped the penknife I was holding and held onto my finger which had a slightly deep cut on it.

     Oh, the irony.

     “Gwenchana?!” Jaejoong asked me worriedly as he quickly reached over and grabbed my hand while unconsciously brushing his thumb over my cut.

     Next thing I knew, the cut was gone.

     “There’s no blood. You didn’t cut yourself.” Jaejoong smiled at me as I furrowed my eyebrows. “But…” I began softly.

     “You’re like that too.”

     That’s right…like Wooyoung, I can heal myself.

     Speaking of Wooyoung…I recalled how he had disappeared while leaving tiny sparkles and white feather as I bit down on my lip, Where is he now?

     “Dara?” Jaejoong furrowed his brows as he cocked his head. I turned to him and smiled faintly, “Ani, it’s nothing. Guess I didn’t cut myself.” I shrugged and turned back to my penknife.

     “Hold it properly, neh?” Jaejoong said softly in a casual tone, “Or you might hurt yourself again.”

     My eyes flickered up to his when he had said ‘again’.    

     “There’s no blood. You didn’t cut yourself.”

     I furrowed my brows. But to him…I didn’t cut myself…How did he-?

     “Dara?” Jaejoong waved his hand in front of me, “Earth to Daraaaa?” I blinked and forced a smile, “A-Ah, right…”

     As I turned back to my penknife, my eyes locked with a pair of brown eyes that stared right at me with an intense gaze.

     Jiyong.

     He held my gaze, and I held his, and for a moment, the world disappeared around us.

     “Yah! Dara, ppali!” I heard Jaejoong whisper sharply, “We have to finish cutting this stupid plastic by the end of class.”

     I broke eye contact with Jiyong and looked down.

     “Right.” I mumbled, my heart beating erratically.

 

***

 

Third person’s POV

     “Daraaaaa!”

     Dara looked up from her sandwich at the sound of Bom’s excited voice and blinked innocently as CL and Minzy appeared beside Bom.

     Jiyong, who was sitting beside her with earplugs plugged in his ears pulled out one of his plugs and looked at the three girls.

     The three girls glared at him, making Jiyong raise a brow.

     “YOU!!” Bom began as she slowly lifted a finger and pointed it at Jiyong, “You keep stealing Dara away from us!”

     “Excuse me?” Jiyong furrowed his brows.

     “Dara is always with you here during lunch break!” Minzy whined as she pouted at Dara, “Unnieeee! Come eat with us, jebal~”

     “Yah! You can join us here!” Jiyong retorted.

     “But it’s so hot out here!” CL glared at him, “And our boyfriends are inside.”

     “You just want to be with Seungri.” Jiyong stated matter-of-factly.

     CL blushed, “YAH! I-I didn’t say that!”

     As the three girls and Jiyong got into a heated argument, Dara couldn’t help but laugh…when something caught her eye.

     Not too far away, perched on the branch of a smaller tree, was a crow. The crow was bigger than usual crows, about two times the usual size. Was it a raven? No…it didn’t look like one…it looked more like a crow.

     It had round beady eyes and night black wings. It was staring right at her.

     As Dara stared at it longer, a feeling of fear began to creep into the depths of her stomach.

     “Soon…Sandara Park…”

     Her blood ran cold at the hoarse, deep voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter