Escape

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

     I twirled my hair around my fingers as I stared blankly into space.

     I could hear the clock on the wall ticking as my eyes slowly drifted up to it.

     Tick.

     Tick.

     Tick.

     As soon as the second hand reached twelve, I shot up from my chair and walked over to my wardrobe. I pulled the doors open and quickly grabbed some clothes.

     I threw them onto my bed and quickly started to fold them while stuffing them into a huge backpack. After I was done, I headed over to my make-up table and quickly grabbed two pouches that were already packed with my necessary cosmetics and packed them into the bag.

     I grabbed a notebook on my bedside table and reached for the pen beside it.

     “Clothes, check.” I whispered as I glanced at my duffle bag, checking the item off, “Cosmetics, check.”

     I looked down my list and quickly hurried to my drawers. I quickly dug out a torchlight, some thick gloves, a black cloth mask, and a black snapback with some star-shaped studs that was given to me a few years back by a teacher.

     I stuffed the torchlight into my bag while I threw the mask and cap onto the bed. I turned and cocked my head while staring at myself in the mirror.

     “It’s inconvenient with a skirt.” I muttered as I furrowed my eyebrows at the pink skirt I was wearing. I turned and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and quickly changed into it.

     I looked back to my desk and pondered for a moment.

     “Whatever.” I reached for some things and shoved them into my bag,

     I zipped my bag up and quickly swung it over my shoulders as I looked around my room.

     I wonder…if I manage to escape, what will I be seeing tomorrow morning?    

     I looked down at the necklace around my neck and gently touched the purple crystal. It always helped calm my nerves, and it had been with me since birth.

     Just then, there was a knock on the door.

     “Ms. Dara, Mr Lee is here.”

     I widened my eyes and snapped my head towards the clock.

     “Damn, I forgot about him.” I whispered with furrowed eyebrows. I cleared my throat softly as I reached for a rubber band on my table.

     “Would you serve him some tea first? I would like to have our lesson in the study room today. I’ll be out in a minute!” I called out as I tied my hair into a ponytail.

     “W-What are you doing, Ms. Dara?” the maid’s voice was frantic and anxious.

     Dara rolled her eyes, “I just have to use the bathroom!”

     Yeah right.

     “O-Oh, neh, I understand!”

     After hearing the faint sound of the maid’s footsteps fading away, I quickly put my cap and mask on.

     I hurried over to the balcony and looked down as I clutched the railing. I had been taught some martial arts when I was younger, though I’ve never really used them.

     Taking a deep breath, I bit my lip and punched my fist in the air, “You can do it.”

     I turned around and pulled out a pair of sneakers I kept hidden behind the curtains and slipped them on before turning back to the railing.

     I quickly swung my leg over the huge railing and slowly, brought my other leg over while trying to balance on the narrow ledge.

     I looked down and took a deep breath. I was about three metres above the ground. One wrong move, and I could get hurt badly.

     I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. Once my eyes opened, I jumped off.

     I bit my lip and braced myself as I landed. Fortunately, my landing wasn’t bad at all.

     I smiled victoriously to myself and stealthily, while crouching, headed over to the fence area.

     I have to be quick, or the maids will suspect something and find out I’m gone.

     I stopped by the fences and swallowed nervously as I stared at the trees beyond them. “Where is the direction of the road?” I whispered desperately.

     I quickly dug into my bag and pulled out my gloves. With them on, grabbing the spiky fences didn’t hurt at all.

     I reached the top, and I knew finding a way down this tall fence wasn’t easy. I couldn’t stand on top of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter