Closer than ever

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     Heaven was a sight. The huge majestic pearly gates were illuminated by the bright amber lights from behind and fluffy misty white clouds floated at the bottom. There were figures standing before it, many of them – a crowd of people.

     The air was cold yet warm, and there was the fresh light scent of something sweet and soothing. There was the light tinkling of bells, and the soft music of violins and pianos in the background. 

     There were no dark areas, no shades, no shadows, everywhere was light. They were surrounded by a pure colour, they weren’t sure what colour it was, but it was so pure it hurt to look. They could feel something swelling in them, a feeling so light and pleasurable.

     Happiness. Love. They felt so relaxed, so at peace, but they knew these feelings weren’t going to last.

     “This way.” Nickhun said as he made his way towards the huge pearly gates. His eyes were fixed on the figures before the gates, a soft smile painting on his lips.

     Dara stared at them, a small smile gracing her lips as she sighed softly. “I can feel it.” She whispered.

     Nickhun turned and looked at Dara. He smiled knowingly, “Feel what?” Dara’s eyes twinkled, “Their happiness. Their sorrows and burdens don’t exist here.”

     “The complete opposite of hell.” Jaejoong muttered, his eyes sparkling a little. Wooyoung shook his head lightly, “Junho must be slacking off again.”

     “Junho?” Jiyong cocked his head as he tightened his hold on Dara’s hand as his eyes never left the beautiful sight before him. The rest were all mesmerized by the sight before them. All they saw were light and endless clouds.

     “He’s the one who should be opening the gates and letting those souls in.” Wooyoung said as he clicked his tongue, “That slacker.” “Can’t you guys do it?” Dara asked.

     “We angels have specific jobs. And we are to not interfere with the jobs of others.” Nickhun said as they started to near the gates.

     The people at the gates turned and looked at them, huge smiles on their faces. They were saying something, different things, and no one could make out what they were saying. All they heard were muffled murmurs and echoes.

     “You will be let in soon.” Nickhun smiled kindly as he raised his hand. A beautiful amber light that shone out from his hand and the people before him nodded happily.

     “Come. We have to move faster.” Wooyoung said gently as the huge gates slowly opened soundlessly.

 

 

     They didn’t know where they were going, all they could see were clouds and amber lights. But Nickhun and Wooyoung knew perfectly where they were headed to, and somehow, Dara knew too. She could feel it.

     They soon reached a beautiful building built roman-style, like the buildings of Greek gods. Tall white intricate pillars and beautiful decorations all over.

     It looked small from afar, but when they got closer, it was huge, with the ceiling so high it looked like it could reach the sky. But then again, from afar, the ceiling didn’t look so high.

     “This is all so beautiful.” Bom whispered with wide eyes as they made their way up the white marble stairs. “Not for long.” Jaejoong muttered as Bom turned to him.

     He shrugged, “If the war isn’t stopped as soon as possible, heaven isn’t going to be pretty for long.”

     Dara clicked her tongue and punched his arm lightly, “Don’t be like that! You’re on our side now, think positive!”

     “My father’s a lot stronger than you think, Dara.” Jaejoong’s hard expression softened a little as Dara pulled her lips in slightly and looked away.

     “Thinking positive will make things easier, Jae.” She mumbled as she continued moving up the stairs.

     Jiyong stopped beside Jaejoong and turned to him. Jaejoong raised a brow, “What? Are you going to warn me not to be close to her or-”

     “Take care of her as much as you can.”

     Jaejoong stopped. “Excuse me?” he cocked his head as the others went up, leaving the two in the middle of the long flight of stairs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter