Growing feelings

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third person’s POV

     The sky was painted with warm, gentle colours as the clouds floated across the sky slowly. The gentle glow from the sun that seeped through the trees made its way to the open area where the beautiful house once stood.

     Two people sat near it, their backs against a tall shady tree.

     Jiyong turned his had slowly, and stared at the girl who sat beside him, her eyes soulless and empty.

     “Dara…” he whispered.

     Dara’s hands which lay on her lap twitched a bit as she slowly raised her head and looked at Jiyong. “Neh?” her voice was slightly hoarse, and Jiyong felt an undeniable clenching in his chest.

     “The sun’s setting.” He said softly, “We should go.” He fished his phone out from his pocket and raised an eyebrow, “I think the boys are really worried since we can’t be contacted.”

     He turned the phone as Dara narrowed her eyes slightly at the ‘No Signal’ sign. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she turned back to the area where the grass was burnt, and where burnt wood lay.

     “Aren’t you scared of me?” she asked softly.

     “No, why should I?” Jiyong turned to her.

     “You said you were in the car.”

     “After hearing that guy who magically disappeared, I don’t think you’re anything evil.” Jiyong shrugged.

     “I…” Dara furrowed her eyebrows, “I can…heal myself… Isn’t that freaky?!”

     Jiyong shrugged again, “Not really. It’s pretty cool.”

     Dara looked at him, amusement dancing in her eyes.

     “Are you going to tell the boys?” she whispered.

     “Should I?” Jiyong cocked his head, “Do you want me to?”

     “Honestly, no.” Dara shook her head lightly, “Not until I find out what I really am.” She reached down, and touched the purple gem on her necklace lightly, making it glow at her touch.

     “Let me try something…” she whispered as she started to look around.

     “What are you looking fo-” Jiyong widened his eyes when Dara picked up a sharp looking branch.

     “What are you doing?” he asked fearfully.

     “Don’t worry.” Dara smiled faintly, “It’s not for you.”

     “Dara, wa-!”

     Dara winced in pain as she dragged the twig across her arm, causing blood to ooze out slowly from the cut.

     “Dara! What are you doing?!” Jiyong exclaimed furiously as he immediately grabbed and threw the twig away as harshly as he could.

     Dara watched blankly as Jiyong glared angrily at her before grabbing her arm and lifting it closer to him. “Are you trying to hurt yourself?” he muttered angrily as his eyes flickered up to Dara’s.

     Dara smiled slowly, obviously amused at his actions. “Thanks for caring, Ji.” She smiled gently, taking Jiyong aback and making him blush unconsciously, “But I’m healing.”

     Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and looked down. Blood wasn’t oozing out, and the cut was slowly fading as the skin grew back.

     “Pretty freaky, huh?” Dara mumbled as she pulled her arm back and brushed the area where the cut once was with her thumb.

     Jiyong stared at her.

     “Next time, don’t hurt yourself like that.” He said softly as he grabbed her arm gently and kissed the spot where the cut once was.

     Dara widened her eyes and her cheeks flushed pink as she watched Jiyong brush his lips over her arm. “M-Mm.” she nodded as she quickly pulled her arm back and turned away to hide her warm, pink cheeks.

     “We should go.” She said as she quickly got up. “C’mon, Ji.” She looked down and smiled softly as Jiyong stared up at her.

     Illuminated by the warm, orange sun rays, Dara looked almost like a goddess.

     “Okay.” He murmured and got up.

    

     As the two walked back to where the car was, a figure stepped out from the shadows of a tree on the other side where they sat.

     He looked at the end result of the house and smiled victoriously.

     When his eyes drifted upwards and landed on the figure of the girl disappearing from his sight, he smirked.

 

***

 

Dara’s POV

     “Where were you two?!”

     I turned slightly and glanced at Jiyong who had his head hung low as he bit his lips, obviously hiding his guilty expression.

     “YAH! KWON JIYONG, ANSWER ME!” TOP exclaimed furiously, “YOU BROUGHT DARA OUT, DIDN’T YOU?!”

     “Hyung…” Jiyong began pleadingly.

     “Don’t ‘Hyung’ me!” TOP wagged his finger and glared at Jiyong, “The 2NE1 girls were so worried when they came over and found out you two were missing!”

     “They started coming out with bizarre situations.” Youngbae rolled his eyes as he threw the newspaper he was reading onto the coffee table and got up, turning towards us.

     “What kind?” I managed to ask softly.

     “Stuff like Jiyong kidnapping you and you…” Youngbae shrugged, making me widen my eyes in complete shock, “Bom was even like ‘I knew that Kwon Jiyong was a ert all along!”.”

     “Yah, Youngbae!” Jiyong snapped angrily. “Ain’t my words, that’s what Bom said.” Youngbae raised his hands up and smirked.

     “Where are Seungri and Daesung?” Jiyong gulped when TOP glared at him.

     “They’re out finding you two.” He replied.

     Just then, the front door swung open and Seungri’s worried voice was the first thing we heard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter