Let The Fight Begin

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

     From the swirling mass of warm pastel colours, out flew hundreds of winged horses, all of them a pure white colour. Around each horse was a transparent shimmering orb. Dara had created those orbs to protect the warriors and the horses. It was pretty much unbreakable.

     “When did you learn about this orb?” Wooyoung called out loudly as he flew beside Dara’s horse. Dara turned and smiled, “When I was going down that secret tunnel to the underground base. It came naturally. It disappeared the moment you turned around.”

     Wooyoung clicked his tongue and snickered as Dara looked over at Jiyong who was flying his horse beside her. He was busy the mane while glancing upwards every now and then.

     An ominous feeling grew in her heart. How was she going to protect him? He had no powers. He was a mortal with nothing. Maybe except that half merged soul gem in him.

     “SANDARA PARK!!!” came a familiar voice from behind.

     Dara and Wooyoung exchanged amused looks. “Here he comes.” Wooyoung smiled. “You really didn’t tell him?” Dara raised a brow. “He wouldn’t have agreed. And you two will waste more time arguing so…I didn’t tell him.” Wooyoung shrugged.

     Dara laughed as she turned to see a winged horse flying towards her at a speed faster than the other warriors. Sanghyun was seated on it, glaring right at her.

     “YOU DARE COME ONTO THE BATTLEFIELD?!” he screamed, “WITH THAT MORTAL BOYFRIEND OF YOURS?!”

     “I CAN HELP!” Jiyong shouted back, “I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT!”

     “YEAH SURE!” Sanghyun screamed back furiously, his voice dripping heavily with sarcasm, “BECAUSE YOU WILL DEFINITLY DEFEAT THOSE WINGED DEMONS WITH YOUR KICKS AND PUNCHES.”

     “I’M GLAD YOU UNDERSTAND MY DEAR BROTHER-IN-LAW!” Jiyong winked. “NOONA!!!” Sanghyun burst in exasperation.

     Dara was expressionless. How could Jiyong defeat the winged demons?

     There was no way.

     “NOONAAA?!” Sanghyun shouted again. Dara snapped out of her trance and forced a smile. “YOUR BOYFRIEND’S GONNA GET KILLED! YOU TWO TURN BACK NOW!” Sanghyun screamed.

     “It’s my fight too, Sanghyun!” Dara protested seriously. “IT’S NOT HIS FIGHT!” Sanghyun pointed at Jiyong, “YOU’LL BLAME YOURSELF IF HE DIES!”

     Dara looked over at Jiyong. He was staring at her with a sad yet determined look. There was no way he was going back. She could see it in his eyes.

     “Let’s do our best, Sanghyun!” Dara just smiled, “And send those b*stards to where they belong!” Sanghyun just furrowed his brows in worry, “Aisht! This noona!!”

 

 

     Soon, they had reached the battlefield – the crossway between heaven and hell. There were no clouds, just dirty plain ground.

     Blazing flames and the sounds of explosions.

     The horrid cries of the winged demons.

     “I see my father!” Jaejoong yelled out. All eyes were fixed on the huge monstrous dragon far ahead flapping its wings as it hovered above the ground. K smirked as he raised his hand and signalled for someone…or something…to move forward.

     From behind him, came dark mist…and then, ran out thousands of dark soldiers clad in thick black and gold armour. “Land soldiers!” Nickhun widened his eyes, “We need to dispatch three more groups!”

     “Already on it.” Wooyoung replied simply. He was using his telepathy to contact the soldiers back in the underground base.

     “We have those winged demons flying straight towards us!” one of the soldiers warned loudly. “The dragons are following behind!” another yelled out, “And there are devils on them!”

     “Warriors, move out!” Sanghyun commanded. The winged horses flew forward in the blink of an eye, only Dara, Jiyong, Jaejoong, Wooyoung, Nickhun, and Sanghyun swooped down to the empty ground.

     Sanghyun looked at Jiyong. “Look here, noona’s boyfriend,” he began tiredly, “Please just turn back. We can’t protect you well.”

     Dara looked over at Jiyong, hoping that he had thought things over and decided to turn back to base where he would be safe with the others.

     “I’m not gonna turn back…Sanghyun…your name is Sanghyun, right?” Jiyong said. “Yes.” Sanghyun nodded, then looked over at Dara, “Noona, you shouldn’t have let him come!”

     “I still have half of your parents’ soul gem!” Jiyong cried out. Sanghyun looked at him wide-eyed, then turned back to Dara. “He wouldn’t give it to me.” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter