The Effects

Locked Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third person’s POV

     Pulling her legs up and folding them onto the chair, Dara tucked her hair behind her ears and brought the top of the pencil to her lips as she pouted.     

     “Too hard…” she mumbled as she crossed out something on the notebook she was writing on. She turned back to the baby pink laptop in front of her and started typing.

     “This…should probably be easier…” she nodded with a small smile as she started to write in her notebook.

     Then, she heard the front door unlocked.

     “Noona! Daesung and I are homeee!” Seungri sang out happily.

     “Arasso!” Dara yelled back with a huge smile.

     “Noona! What are you doing?” she heard Daesung call out as footsteps came her way.

     At lightning speed, she closed the notebook and threw it onto a pile of files and quickly closed her laptop just when the two younger males opened the door and popped their heads in.

     “Yah!” she snapped, taking aback the two guys, “Couldn’t you knock first?”

     “Mianhe, noona~” the two pouted, faking pitiful, sad eyes. Dara smiled.

     “When are the others coming back?” she asked. “Probably in the late afternoon or evening.” Daesung shrugged.

     “They have some sports activities.” Seungri added. Dara nodded and pouted, “I see. I see.”

     “Well then,” she got up and smiled brightly, “I guess I’ll be going out now.”

     “M-Mwoh?” Seungri widened his eyes as Dara looked down at the grey jumper and denim shorts she was wearing. “I can go out like this…” she mumbled as she grabbed her brown shoulder bag.

     “N-Noona…” Daesung began.

     “See you guys later.” Dara grabbed the notebook and hurried past them.

     “WE WANT TO GO TOO!”

 

***

 

Dara’s POV

     “Jiyong hyung wouldn’t like his chocolate too sweet.”

     “TOP hyung likes dark chocolate.”

     “Youngbae hyung doesn’t really like chocolates since he’s keeping fit and healthy…get nuts instead!”

     “Then what about chocolate?!”

     I stared with a deadpan impression as the two fools, yes fools, before me argue on what ingredients to get.

     I was planning to make some muffins as thanks to the Big Bang boys for taking me in for two weeks now BUT two fools just had to tag along and into my plans.

     “What if Youngbae hyung doesn’t eat the muffins that noona makes?!”

     “He will! Noona made it with love!”

      “It’s more like…gratitude, Seungri…” I mumbled.

     “It’s the same, noona!” Seungri exclaimed with such ferocity that I actually shivered a little. “Chocolates, get chocolates!” Seungri exclaimed.

     “How about chocolate and nuts?” Daesung asked immediately, “We can get different types of chocolates!”

     “That-!”

     “KAY STOP AND LISTEN!”

     The two stopped and turned to me with widened eyes as I glared at them. “We will get normal chocolate, dark chocolate, AND nuts, alright?!” I exclaimed in exasperation.

     The two exchanged bright smiles and immediately ran off to find the ingredients. “Ugh…” I rubbed my temple.

     Those two are giving me a headache.

     I turned and started to walk towards the section where there were different types of sugar.

     Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my head as I gasped out loud. My head started throbbing, and something that sounded like a heartbeat resonated in my head loudly, blocking out any rational thoughts.

     “Sandara…”

     “You may be a half…”

     I clutched my head as I stumbled to the right.

     “Be careful, miss!” a middle-aged lady looked worriedly at me as she reached a hand out. “Ani…I’m fine.” I smiled weakly and shook my head lightly as she walked away.

     “But you are powerful.”

     “We need you.”

     “Sandara! We will free you!”

     “Ugh…let me go, please....”

     “Now, now, don’t move around too much, you’ll hurt yourself.”

     “We wouldn’t want your innocent, pretty face to be scarred right?”

     A pair of thin red lips flashed in my mind as the lips slowly curled into a smirk. Then, there were flashes of burning forests, land with splattered blood, people fighting.

     “Burning forests…” I mumbled as I shut my eyes.

     Why do I always see them?

     Forests on fire…

     “You are a sin.”

     “But to us, you are a blessing in disguise.”

     “What…?” I mumbled as my head throbbed again.

     “There has been a change of plans. We won’t kill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter