168 Hours of Horror - xxnaddiebaddieroxxx

T&L's Review Request Shop

Title: 5/5

Our thoughts: Yes!  Something different!
 

Description & Foreword: 8/10

Emoticons (<3, :D) aren’t really recommended in the foreword or description.  You are one of few authors who understand the meaning of a foreword.  It can be used as a link between yourself and your fic, or it can be used as a preview of the fic itself.  Good job here.



Poster/Background: __/10

There is no poster or background, so we won’t count it against your score.



Characterization: 10/15

Everyone’s characters seem believable, except for Taemin’s.  He just seems...too perfect.  His overly insane IQ, his photographic memory, and his acute hearing are things we find too hard to believe.  We’d understand if he possessed one of the three qualities, but all three?  



Spelling/Grammar: 14/20


I see tense errors.  I notice that you switch between past and present tense.  But I’m impressed that you translated the story from Korean to English!  Maybe you should proofread?  You could get a person to proofread it for you if you have a hard time recognizing errors.  I’ve decided to let you go back and fix it.
There aren’t really big spelling or grammar mistakes to point out, but I’d recommend you proofread.



Flow: 7/10


I wished that you had included more scenes.  Maybe a meal or bonding time?  I noticed that you put author’s notes right in the middle, and you don’t need them there.  The occasional author’s note to explain something is fine if you get right to the point.  If the author’s note is long, I’d advise you explain it at the end of the chapter.  Also, emoticons in the middle of writing sort of disrupts the flow.



Originality: 14/15

All right.  So I’ve been here for almost a year, and truthfully, I haven’t seen a story like this before.  Maybe it’s because I’m a chicken when it comes to horror, but I think that this idea is pretty original.



Plot: 10/10

The way you set up the plot was genius.  I mean, we were really impressed with it.  I liked how we didn’t know who Master H was until the second to the last chapter.  We actually thought Master H was Seohyun.  Yeah...we thought that her death was a fake and that she was secretly sitting in some secret office plotting away.  And we thought that it was interesting how there were chances for them to escape but they ended up choosing the other choice.  And the riddles were clever.  We couldn’t answer any of them.  



Enjoyment: 5/5

We really liked how this wasn’t a romance.  There are nothing wrong with romance fanfics, but we feel that they’re everywhere.  So reading something that was mystery-related instead of romance was new.  And we really enjoyed it.


Total: 73/90 --> 81/100



Bonus: 4/5

The only reason why you didn’t get full marks here was that your frequent use of authors notes overwhelmed us. 



Grand Total: 85/100

General Comments:


Excellent fanfic.  We can't believe that we didn't see this fic earlier.  I'm really impressed with your ability to keep us interested.  We don't usually read mystery fanfics.  Write a sequel please?  *puppy dog face*.  Thanks for requesting a review!  We appreciate it.