Lean on Me - Diddlymootmutt

T&L's Review Request Shop

reviewed by supershineeftw


# of chapters: 25



title | two out of five

It’s a relatively good title that will attract angst-readers. However, I just feel like I’ve seen it before; I can’t remember exactly where, but I have. Also, it is not capitalized correctly; it should be “Lean on Me.” The word, “on,” does not need to be capitalized. One thing that caught my eye was the tags. It doesn’t really make any sense and is confusing to tag “angst” and “comedy” for the same story. Angst and comedy are two completely different genres; in fact, they are opposites. 



description/foreword | six out of ten

The description didn’t exactly describe what was going in on the whole story; it only talked about what was happening in the beginning. You could add more to let the reader know more about the plot. 



poster/background | six out of ten

You have a rather small poster, which is alright. Although I am not a graphic designer, it looks more like a banner than a poster. The color scheme and Key’s expression in the poster is great though. Maybe you could’ve had Jonghyun in there, seeing as he’s a main character too. 



characterization | four out of fifteen

I just wish you would give some more background on the characters; they aren’t fully developed. The story just says how they love the other person a lot, but they don’t have any reason. For instance, Dae doesn’t have a reason to love Jonghyun; she gets asked out by a random idol and falls deeply in love with him? I don’t see that. You did a slightly better job with Key, although not much background is given for him either. 



spelling/grammar | six out of twenty 

You had many repetitive mistakes throughout your story, such as using the incorrect punctuation before and after quotes. Your spelling and grammar alright, but I remember you used “yannoe” in the story, which isn’t a word. The correct form would be, “y’know,” which is what you used before. 



Incorrect: Taemin blushed sheepishly. "Sorry Key."


Correct: Taemin blushed sheepishly, "Sorry Key."



You make that same mistake over and over again. 



flow | six out of ten 


I just have one problem. Again, it’s with Dae falling in love with Jonghyun. Other than that, I would say that it’s going along at a decent pace. 



originality/plot | twenty out of twenty-five

Well, for the originality, it’s sort of a mix of an idol falling in love with a regular person and a JongKey problem. As for the plot, it strayed from the original description. Giving some background information could make your plot better so readers can understand where the characters are coming from. 



enjoyment | four out of five


I’m not an avid JongKey reader; I just read stories that are good, no matter who the main characters are. It seems like your readers are enjoying your story, from the comments, so that raises your score. 





Total Score | 48/100 | 48% F



General comments: 

Your story was honestly not that bad. Just try to improve your punctuation and give some more background information. Don’t be discouraged if this wasn’t the score you wanted. There are no bad stories, right? With a little improvement this could be a great story.